help with Kingdom come deliverance

Homepage Forums Technical Support help with Kingdom come deliverance

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    p4p3rm4t3
    Participant

@steph12 Thanks for the effort. I checked the exclusions list its not there.

@RJK_ How do I make a vorpx shortcut? (I think I found how here. I’ll try it)

Ralf
    Keymaster

1. Right click the vorpX tray icon.
    2. Choose “Create desktop shortcut”
    3. Browse to the game’s main .exe

Please note that in case of KCD this probably only makes a difference for the GOG version. With Steam games shortcuts rarely have any advantages due to the way Steam loads itself before the actual game starts.

p4p3rm4t3
    Participant

hehe thanks ralf.

I didn’t work. When I try to click the shortcut nothing happens. KDC doesn’t even start =(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to launch the game normally two or three times, afterwards create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send that to support |at| vorpx com.

No promises, but maybe I can find something suspicious in your log files.

p4p3rm4t3
    Participant

ok will do.

p4p3rm4t3
    Participant

I sent the logs. So I could buy the GOG version and it might fix my problem?
    I’m going to once over all my Steam,Nvidia,and AV to make sure all overlays are off and AV has all involved locations excluded.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Judging from the logfiles you sent vorpX never hooks into KCD. Try to launch the game directly from your Windows desktop without using the vorpX desktop viewer. That will probably solve the issue.

If not, also make sure to disable the “Advanced Threat Protection” in BitDefender or – better – switch to Windows Defender. Windows Defender provides good protection without being as invasive as some other AV scanners.

And last but not least it might make sense to remove the “Gigabyte Easy Tuning Service”. Tools like this tend to hook into games similar to vorpX, which can cause conflicts.

p4p3rm4t3
    Participant

Awesome thank you I’ll try all those things. Thanks for the heads up on the easy tuning I’ll look into that for sure.

p4p3rm4t3
    Participant

Ok all that is done.
    but…
    .. When I launch the game from shortcut on the desktop with vorpx desktop / I get an error message saying failed to hook, and the HMD drops back to oculus home.

If I launch the game without vorpx desktop then I’m not using vorpx right? I tried that once as suggested but the HMD stayed in oculus home.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, you don’t need the vorpX desktop viewer.

Please try to uninstall BitDefender as suggested above. It’s the No.1 troublemaker AV program in regard to vorpX since forever and quite difficult to disable. Uninstalling makes sure it really is fully disabled.

When you uninstall it, Windows Defender will kick in instead. Third party AV programs in general are pretty much unnecessary these days.

p4p3rm4t3
    Participant

There’s got to be a way around bitdefender without resorting to removal.

We have made progress though. Getting an error message is better than nothing.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, there is. I already mentioned it above as well as in the e-mail I sent you earlier. Apart from disabling BitDefender’s general AV functionality you also need to disable its “Advanced Threat Protection”.

If you can’t find that or doing so is still not enough, please try to uninstall BitDefender at least briefly for testing purposes. If that helps, and it likely will, you know what caused your problem.

Windows Defender is just as good these days, but far less invasive and annoying.

p4p3rm4t3
    Participant

Seems bit defender was the problem. I tried everything to disable it but nothing worked. Only uninstalling.

Thank you for your help.

RJK_
    Participant

Thats what i call support Just imagine asking a question to Nvidia or another major company in their forum ..

steph12
    Participant

that dreaded bitdefender…

i had it before also, gave me only issues with vorpx.

now on Avast, all is good.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!