Help with Skyrim

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Help with Skyrim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    reanor
    Participant

Do I need to run DK2 as primary monitor? Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to run Skyrim with DK2. I have everything else setup, can run demos for DK2 no problem. But can’t get games to run under VorpX. I’ll also gonna be trying Fallout 3 if I can get Skyrim to run.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Normally Skyrim should run without any problems, the only thing you have to do is following the DK2 setup guide in the documentation.

Apart from that please make sure to set all games to the native res of the DK2 (1920×1080) prior to playing them with vorpX.

Please also check whether you can find a d3d9.dll in your Skyrim folder. Some mod might have copied it there. If you find a d3d9.dll in your Skyrim folder, please remove it.

reanor
    Participant

Here is what I’ve tried:

GPU NVidia GTX 680
    Displays: My primary Monitor – 1920×1200 60Hz

1. Extended Mode
    DK2 is set up as extended – 1920×1080 75Hz in Portrait Mode (for appropriate picture position), scaling mode – aspect ratio, DK2 is on the left side of the main monitor in display settings.

Skyrim – Steam. I run VorpX config and apply recommended settings for Skyrim. Apply, Apply and Close (FOV, resolution, latency).

I start Skyrim from Steam. It starts on the MAIN monitor. DK2 still dispays desktop.

2. Direct mode
    Skyrim starts in a tiny window in upper left corner of the screen on main monitor. DK2 has nothing in it and power light is orange like there is no signal or something.

Anyways, the only way I can get it to work is with DK2 in extended mode and then I have to start Skyrim in Windowed mode and drag the game screen to the left of my main monitor. But it seems to be projecting separate picture for every eye or something because I have everything doubled in the game. I can see fine if I close one eye or the other, if both eyes open I see double.

Please help.

reanor
    Participant

Also there is no d3d9.dll in Skyrim folder anywhere. I’ve tried to set main screen resolution to 1920×1080 as well with no effect.

reanor
    Participant

I tried game launch option -adapter 1, but no effect either.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check the DK2 setup guide in the vorpX documentation.

If your DK2 is the scondary display, you have to force games to the Rift through the vorpX config app. The guide also explains a more compatible alternative, in case that fails.

Please follow all steps in the guide. Everything is important.

reanor
    Participant

Show only on Rift DK2 – this option only works if Skyrim is running in Full Screen, it doesn’t work in windowed mode. But its still image doubling. Like every eye has its own image. How do I fix that?

reanor
    Participant

how do I fix image doubling?

reanor
    Participant

disabled Nvidia 3D, didnt help. Also tried to run Fallout 3 and if I pick “Show only on Rift DK2” I get error – Failed to initialize renderer. Unknown error creating the Gamebrio Renderer. It works fine if I do on main screen or even on all screens (Clone) but it wont show in DK2 then.

bcozier
    Participant

Make sure you choose “Do not use an oculus profile” in the vorpx config. That causes double image if you try to use a profile. I know because I tried to see if the new .42 runtime fixed that problem with vorpx but it did not, vorpx will need to be updated with the new .42 sdk and then it might work but for now definitely choose no profile.

bcozier
    Participant

Also make sure you UNcheck “Enable Personalized Rendering for this eye position” in the dk2 config utility advanced..

reanor
    Participant

thanks. Another problem – got the Foallout 3 to work on extended, but 1920×1080 crashes, I tried one down – 1680×945 and it worked. Fallout 3 doesn’t have the weird scale issue, Skyrim does. I wonder why… I’ll try to disable profile. Hmm, for some reason VorpX Config now crashes too.. the heck is going on tonight.. lol :).

reanor
    Participant

Far Cry 3 has the same problem as Skyrim. the stereo is not really a stereo but some odd rendering for each eye separately.

reanor
    Participant

My VorpX is no longer working either. I just restarted PC and then reinstalled VorpX. i think it has something to do wit .NET Framework. When I reinstalled VorpX it tried to install 3.5.1 NET Framework which Windows 7 yelled at that I need to install things through Windows Features instead… I’ve had 4.5.1 before hmmm. How do I fix this Ralph?

reanor
    Participant

Faulting application name: vorpConfig.exe, version: 0.7.1.0, time stamp: 0x53f89309
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x53159a86
    Exception code: 0xe0434f4d
    Fault offset: 0x0000c42d
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!