Help with Skyrim

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Help with Skyrim

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    reanor
    Participant

ok, VorpX needs Net Framework 3.5.1 enabled in Windows Features. Without it won’t run. I got VorpX up and running now. Gonna try to disable profile and eye personalized rendering see if this resolves awkward scaling in Skyrim/Far Cry 3.

reanor
    Participant

Fallout 3 crashes as soon as main video ends when baby starts crying… that’s the furthest I got so far. At this point VorpX is quite useless. Hopefully you can get it to better support good games and soon.

reanor
    Participant

Got Skyrim to work but only in 1680×1050. 1920×1080 is not scaled and wrong stereo. I didn’t try running DK2 as primary monitor yet, its quite a pain.

reanor
    Participant

Please see if you can work on VorpX so that it supports DK2 natural resolution while in extended mode and NOT primary monitor.

Fallout 3 – Game of the Year Edition – keeps crashing as soon as I get into game. Got myself passed cutscenes in normal mode but its crashing the game itself. Laters.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Mmmh, that doesn’t sound right. Normally setting the game (actually any game) to the native res of the Rift is exactly the way it should work with vorpX. Other resolutions often aren’t displayed correctly.

The only explanation I would have for the behaviour you describe is that maybe your main monitor might be a bit older and doesn’t allow 1920×1080, which would make the resolution unselectable in the Skyrim launcher. Nothing vorpX could do about that, but you might be able to set 1920×1080 manually for Skyrim with an .ini tweak. That would at least be worth a try.

The other way around that would probably be to use the DK2 as primary monitor and set vorpX to “Use system settings” display wise (see the vorpX setup guide for details).

reanor
    Participant

I can do up to 1920×1200 on main monitor. So yeah 1920×1080 is available in Skyrim. I’ll try to make DK2 main monitor and see if that helps.

reanor
    Participant

Tried with main monitor as well. No luck. on 1920×1080 still no scale for DK2. Only works well 1680×1050.

reanor
    Participant

I guess I’ll give it a few more weeks. Hopefully VorpX will improve by then.

bcozier
    Participant

What Oculus runtime are u using 0.41 or 0.42? You should use 0.41 since that’s what the current vorpx was made for…although I’ve tried 0.42 with borderlands and it works fine with vorpx.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I don’t say this often, but this definitely is not a vorpX issue. Under normal circumstances setting the resolution to 1920×1080 is no problem. 1920×1080 is the native resolution of the DK2 and thus the recommended resolution to use vorpX.

If nothing else works you could try using the DK2 as only monitor. At least for testing purposes to see whether you are able to use 1920×1080 this way.

reanor
    Participant

running everything on latest, latest runtime, latest firmware. That was my another question if VorpX supports 0.4.2. I couldn’t find any compatibility information. Yeah, I tried pretty much everything. I guess I’ll give it another try with DK2 as only monitor. My main monitor natural resolution is 1920×1200 which is 16:9 ratio, DK2 natural is 1920×1080 which is 16:10 ratio. Maybe those ratios are screwing up with me.

reanor
    Participant

Ok, it was IPD. I set it to 61 in game with VorpX and everything is scaled correctly now. It was as simple as that… nobody even thought about it… :P. VorpX is using completely different IPD. Don’t ask me why.

reanor
    Participant

Fallout 3 – Game of the Year edition. Can you please add support to that, it keeps crashing on me while in DK2. Thanks!

bcozier
    Participant

Ok, it was IPD. I set it to 61 in game with VorpX and everything is scaled correctly now. It was as simple as that… nobody even thought about it… :P. VorpX is using completely different IPD. Don’t ask me why.

I guess we should try to remember that when someone is having problems…you are correct my dk2 config util sets my ipd at 69.1mm however in vorpx I use 63.5 which is less by about 5.5mm tell us what is your dk2 util ipd after doing the 4 green lines thing…

bcozier
    Participant

Fallout 3 – Game of the Year edition. Can you please add support to that, it keeps crashing on me while in DK2. Thanks!

I remember I used to get crashing on that game often too without vorpx. It was on an AMD CPU with AMD GPU. I now have intel i5 and nvidia GPU and I tried it with vorpx and it works fine for me. If you are overclocking anything turn off all overclocking and try that first, otherise the game just might be favoring either intel cpu or nvidia gpu. I don’t think there’s much ralph can do because I can play it without issues and the 3D is sxcellent btw.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!