Horizon Zero Dawn – Aug 7th

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Horizon Zero Dawn – Aug 7th

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Sounds like it uses the Decima engine. (Same as Death Stranding?) Is that vorpX compatible?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Time will tell. I pre-ordered it a few days ago and will check it as soon as it’s available.

dborosev
    Participant

I had no doubt you were on it. ;-) As these are 2 pretty high profile games that would look amazing in 3D.

I guess its always an unknown when a new game engine comes out which hasn’t been vorpx-used before.

Dave
    Participant

has anybody tested Death Stranding with RDR2 profile ? Or are there more DX12 vorpx profiles, that come into question ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Death Stranding doesn’t work with the current public build. I have the very basics (game in 2D in the headset) working internally with an alternative approach, will know whether more is possible within the next few days. Fingers crossed.

My guess is that the game uses some anticheat/anti-tampering measure that is bound directly to Direct3D. vorpX can hook the game and stays hooked while it doesn’t really do anything, but as soon as even only the D3D debug layer is active (vorpX itself still doing nothing D3D related), the game quits. Doesn’t even crash apparently, just quits. Would be a bit odd for a single player game, but that feels suspiciously like some anti-tampering stuff.

Dave
    Participant

How far are you with the development of DX12 profiles in G3D ? I know its development from the scratch, and takes many month as full time work ! DLSS 2.0 in combination with deactivated Raytracing could be a good performance setting for G3D.

rtoast
    Participant

Hey you’ve probably already considered this but while Death Stranding is a single player game it does have all that online sharing connectivity so I could see them baking anti cheat stuff into it.

I only played it on ps4, but there is an option to play it offline.
    Perhaps a similar mode on PC might prevent it from exiting (though i doubt the anticheat stuff shuts off regardless if its that heavily baked in?)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Incidentally I have Death Stranding fully working since about an hour or so with a different strategy in regard to hooking D3D12 functions internally. I’m not completely happy with that since having to maintain two different hooking strategies obviously means more work down the road, but on the other hand having a fallback option is a good thing anyway.

dborosev
    Participant

Nice! Hopefully it works the same with Horizon ZD. Planning to get my bro set up with VorpX this weekend, so he’ll be excited they are coming soon too.

Dave
    Participant

wow that’s cool, i will play this immediately when you release the profile !

Thx, great work !

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hopefully it will work for Horizon Zero Dawn too. vorpX now has three general game hooking mechanisms and on top of that for both DX9 and DX12 each two different strategies of dealing with hooking internal D3D functions. Time to get back to more exciting things…

Dave
    Participant

Others should take this as an example ! Well Done !

dborosev
    Participant

Eye candy galore, incoming! I love that VorpX keeps evolving. Well done Ralf.
    As an aside, Death Stranding got 94% base on over 10k reviews on Steam. I didn’t realize it was so high after so many people bitching that it was essentially a walking simulator.

Dave
    Participant

@Ralf Have you ever asked the Publishers and Studios for the press versions to develop profiles for day one ? Maybe as a collaboration with VR Youtube Channels ? A own Youtube Cannel of Vorpx with Game Tests, Tutorials and Interviews with the Community would be a good option to make vorpx more popular, too ! Not with daily content, or something like that ! You could gradually build up the channel.

Just by the way: The “scene” has many “non-public” stuff like the press version of Cyberpunk 2077 on their “sites”, but it is very expansive for private people to get an account. But there are some VR enthusiasts, who could take care of vorpx, too !

Ralf
    Keymaster

Considering how often profiles break these days after games have been patched, I’m not sure whether working with pre-release version would make much sense.

The Horizon: Zero Dawn preload is already running. Can’t promise anything, of course, but I’m reasonably optimistic that it will work. Death Stranding, which I have fully working now (Z3D + scalable HUD), uses the same engine, so unless there are other obstacles, it shouldn’t be too hard.

Either way a new vorpX release with the according DX12 changes will be out next week, hopefully including a Horizon: Zero Dawn profile. It’s more or less ready programming wise, just doing some testing and profiles the next few days.

I didn’t hear the by-the-way part of your post. :) Sounds tempting, but that’s not an option unfortunately.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!