Horizon Zero Dawn – Aug 7th

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Horizon Zero Dawn – Aug 7th

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    dborosev
    Participant

Enough eye candy in these 2 games I’m going to get VR diabetes on the next VorpX release.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that the game is working (Z3D + scalable HUD). Looks awesome, probably one I’ll play myself.

Interesting enough the DX12 changes required for Death Stranding are not required for this one, despite the same graphics engine being used. Makes the anti-cheat/anti-tampering theory in regard to Death Stranding even more likely.

Dave
    Participant

could you please upload the profiles ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Both require the next vorpX. Will be out later today (provided I don’t encounter any show stopper on the finishing line).

Dave
    Participant

wow !!! these are great news, thx !

dborosev
    Participant

Two more awesome games in the play queue. Ralf killing it, as always! In an ironic twist, I’ve gotten back into RDR2 after months off, to scratch my RPG itch while waiting for a new VorpX version so I’m looking forward to that fix equally as much.
    Also, Zero Dawn has been having performance issues for a lot of people on initial release, just a heads up to everyone. It might be stuttery until they release an optimization patch.

steph12
    Participant

that’s amazing news :)

Dave
    Participant

Most Problems of the game can be solved with the workarounds listed in this wiki:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Horizon_Zero_Dawn

cube001
    Participant

The game looks amazing! However, I thought the Z3D performance hit shouldn’t be significant. I’m getting almost half the framerate that I would get without VorpX running, is this is normal?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Doesn’t really sound normal.

I have 65-75fps here in the first open area after leaving the tutorial cave. Without vorpX I see 80-90fps in the same spot. With vorpX in desktop mode (not rendering to a headset) about 70-80. Default settings, GTX 1080Ti.

If you happen to use a WMR or Pimax headset, vorpX may enable FluidSync per default, which would limit the framerate to half your headset refresh rate.

cube001
    Participant

At 1440p I’m getting 80 – 95 in the area right after i take control of adult Aloy, with VorpX it’s around 50 fps. I’m using a valve index hooked to an RTX 2080 ti@ 2060 MHz.

It’s absolutely playable though.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds definitely off. I’ll take a closer look, but not today.

cube001
    Participant

Thank you, much appreciated!

I ran the in-game benchmark with and without VorpX to gather more representative data. I’ve uploaded a screenshot of both runs for your reference.

With VorpX: 58 fps (Heavily GPU limited)
    W/O VorpX: 105 fps

Benchmark Results Screenshots (Click Here)

cube001
    Participant

Edit:Double Post, Sorry.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably some weird SteamVR related issue.

Please check what happens when you set “Crystal Image” to “Low” in the vorpX menu. That would reduce the super sampling factor that gets applied when vorpX renders the game to the headset.

Would also be great if you could check whether the same thing happens when you run the game in side by side mode on your desktop with vorpX (can be set in the config app). Just for comparison.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!