I've setup 3D TV working Vorpx profiles

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings I've setup 3D TV working Vorpx profiles

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    fordel
    Participant

3d projections works on superdepth3d, and it’s looking really nice. I would like to get vorpx working properly on 3d TVs as vorpx has some great games that aren’t on superdepth3d. I Should have gone with the free program to start with. Superdepth3d is a lot simpler to set up then I first thought. The free program also runs a lot smoother without aggravating my anti-virus program.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There will be a new device type named ‘Generic 3D TV/Monitor’ in the next vorpX with normal side by side stereo output. However, this will not be officially supported. vorpX is built for VR, all profiles are made with VR in mind, and some of them will only work as intended in VR. There are no plans to change this focus on VR.

So you will be able use vorpX with your 3D TV without workarounds, but you are basically on your own when you do so. No official support of any kind will be provided for this mode.

RJK_
    Participant

Just a note, Superdepth3d is z-buffer 3D only.

RJK_
    Participant

Oops this forum is definately broken ( i was concerned about “Z3D” ealier in this thread ), so please ignore my previous posting.

Ralf
    Keymaster

if you still have problems with the forum, it’s probably best to contact the authors of the forum software. It’s a quite popular WordPress plugin named bbPress (bbpress.org). They had a major update earlier this year, so maybe there are still some things to iron out.

RJK_
    Participant

Thanks for the hint !

Burni
    Participant

There will be a new device type named ‘Generic 3D TV/Monitor’ in the next vorpX with normal side by side stereo output. However, this will not be officially supported. vorpX is built for VR, all profiles are made with VR in mind, and some of them will only work as intended in VR. There are no plans to change this focus on VR.

So you will be able use vorpX with your 3D TV without workarounds, but you are basically on your own when you do so. No official support of any kind will be provided for this mode.

Saw that in the newest Version :)

One request: Since vorpx is so far – the only thing thats missing for NV 3D Vision is an option for normal colors instead red/cyan anaglyph and turning the emitter (for the shutterglasses) on.

There are Games that only work with vorpx. I like to try Star Citizen on my 3D Monitor (my PC is too weak to run SC in VR).

It would be a really cool feature.

Probably that thing with the colors should be no big deal.
    But I don´t know how to turn the Emittor on, without running the 3D Vision Driver.
    There was once an Emulator for that, but it doesn´t work anymore…

RJK_
    Participant

I would guess the emulator may still work with drivers older then 418x.At least worth a try. Not shure though if VorpX 20.1 depends on newer drivers now.

Grocs
    Participant

Sorry about the very lengthy reply to some earlier posts in this thread.

Weird but when I search for my name (Grocs) the proifles seem to be there.

I’m about to test the new 3D device option that Ralf has kindly added in the latest release (thanks).

Grocs
    Participant

Just tested Generic 3D Display. Absolutely amazing. Thank you Ralf.

Happy New Year to all as well.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad you like it. There are a few quirks left with the Generic 3D Display mode that I’ll iron out for the next release, namely the camera height modifier not working as intended and HUD-depth doing nothing although available for a profile.

Happy New Year!

Burni
    Participant

Glad you like it. There are a few quirks left with the Generic 3D Display mode that I’ll iron out for the next release, namely the camera height modifier not working as intended and HUD-depth doing nothing although available for a profile.

Happy New Year!

…and what do you think about my request? :)

Happy New Year!

Grocs
    Participant

Just in response to earlier thread posts – all of my gaming related blog posts are now on thelatenightsession.com

I’ve updated the Vorpx one I’ve mentioned in this thread to reflect the new display option available: https://thelatenightsession.com/2019/08/11/using-vorpx-on-your-3d-tv/

RJK_
    Participant

I really would like to test that. But before i start up i want to make shure that i do buy the right TV.

@Grocs

Can you give us some advice on the following: ?

– What exactly type of TV do i need
    – How do i connect it (HDMI/DVI?)
    – On your video i see an SBS image, how does that look like through
    your glasses, is that similar to 3d Vision ? , its a bit confusing to me
    because 3D Vision is not SBS, can you explain the technique abit ?
    – What if i want to play a game in a widescreen mode, will i have black
    borders on that SBS image (or see them through the glasses) ?
    – Will i need to sit in a certain distance away from the TV ?

Ive seen SBS test movies on a normal monitor but i dont have any idea how an SBS image can be seen as a 3D image if not be crossing the eyes.

RJK_
    Participant

Ok, i read about active and passive Tvs. Still i dont know how these Tvs handle the SBS image. They say passive is only half vertical resoution. Not shure if that would be much satisfying.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!