Kingdom come:deliverance

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Kingdom come:deliverance

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    palleon
    Participant

Hi, is this game rendered in VorpX in a 3d Cinema screen type environment, or is it a complete “you’re in the world” type VR experience (more like a “true” VR)?
    Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

It defaults to full VR “you’re in the world” mode, has Geometry 3D and most bells and whistles that a vorpX game profile can have.

palleon
    Participant

Thank you

dborosev
    Participant

Not sure this is a vorpx issue, as it seems to happen on my screen also when vorpX is running, but is anyone experiencing missing cutscenes? I can hear the sound, but no video. Probably missed about 4-5 cutscenes only a few hours into the game.

dborosev
    Participant

Nope this looks like VorpX is the issue. Posted it in Tech support.

nieda113
    Participant

Hi i updated yesterday and have no problems all plays well on nvidia gtx180ti. FYI

grumdark
    Participant

I update to comment that the mod that I mentioned earlier, in the second message, does not seem to eliminate headbob. However it is useful for other types of annoying camera movements and motion blur.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/67?tab=description

I continue my search to eliminate this annoying effect while we walk with our character.

dborosev
    Participant

Does the mod work well for eliminating the crazy head movement when in combat?
    I also found the “lock on” behavior when in combat very irritating for VR. Wish there was a way to stop that.

cercata
    Participant

It works, but after some secodns, the game is not anymore in the HMD, only in the monitor, but head tracking still works.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please don’t use any mods that affect the game’s camera. It’s quite likely that they interfere with DirectVR memory scanner head tracking. In general: if you encounter any issues with moddable games, the first thing to try in case of issues should always be checking whether an issue also occurs unmodded.

cercata
    Participant

My issue seems related to WMR/reverb, it seems it makes the game lost focus, and once it lost focus, it’s fone.

With Oculus I don’t have that problem

cercata
    Participant

After 40h, KCD on VR has blown my mind, maybe my Best experience on VR until now.

VorpX has largely exceced my expectations, and does an excelent job, and performance impact is not so big on games that allow custom 8:9 resolutions like this one. You still need a very powerfull GPU for playing this on FullVR/G3D with a good resolution, you would need it even with native VR support.

And the excelence of VorpX, with a game like this one, that is diegetic, and doesn’t use scale/2D trick, makes it play like a native gamepad game (RE7). But also KCD maybe be the best game of the generation, awesome !!!

BTW, you need very strong VR Legs for playing this on FullVR

cercata
    Participant

My main issue with the game was than when on horse, the camera recentered automatically, and this caused a weird “stuttering”. My workarround was touching the right stick every 5 secs, but I have found this that could fix that problem:

“wh_horse_CameraCentering = 0 – Add the line in the user.cfg and the camera centering while riding is gone.”

I have yet to try it, I’ll update this post when tested

cercata
    Participant

wh_horse_CameraCentering = 0

It works, no more weird sttutering, now riding the horse in VR is so awesome and satisfying, no distractions with right stick, you can just move your head.

slydog43
    Participant

Will have to try this again, are you sure you should run at 8:9 aspect ration, as I usually try and run 4×3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!