MechWarrior 5

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings MechWarrior 5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Mesenzio
    Participant

Since they dropped VR support for MechWarrior 5, I tried with VorpX and it does hook to the game, but there is no 3D whatsoever. Any hints? The game runs on the Unreal Engine 4.

Baktus
    Participant

Pls try to hook in with a copy of these vorpx-profiles:

Abzu, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, The Turing Test, Conarium.

If you have success pls post us here :)

Mesenzio
    Participant

Thank you! Conarium seems to work just fine! Too bad it doesn’t even support head tracking. I’ll tune the profile a bit and the upload it.

Trust
    Participant

Someone’s uploaded a MW5 profile to the online database, but as you mentioned RE: Conarium, as of now, it provides cinema 3D, but no head tracking.

Mechwarrior 5 mercs / Vorpx profile is here
    by u/shr84 in Mechwarrior5

TheLastStarfighter
    Participant

Excellent, I can’t wait!

Baktus
    Participant

Open track is working with MWonline profile playing mw 5, but no 3 D options than :(

Mesenzio
    Participant

Is it me or since the last patch the profile does not work anymore?

Mesenzio
    Participant

Now that I think about it, MechWarrior 5 must be DirectX 12 now, since they added RTX effects.

Baktus
    Participant

Game is still running fine with vorpx

only g3d has some borken shadows

Love it very much but have to use a cheat trainer for not freeking out…

Mesenzio
    Participant

As soon as Epic is running again I will install and try.
    Did you have to turn off the RTX effect? Which profile did you use?

Baktus
    Participant

I have only GTX (like the old beatle engine) and im using the cloud profile (there is only one for mw5)

Mesenzio
    Participant

I tried it again and yes, it works. I guess a reinstall was all it needed.
    As expected, turning on any RTX effects kills the 3D since it switches to DirectX 12.

I uploaded another profile, I find the 3D effect is more visible with this one in geometry 3D.

wangmauler
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m trying to get MW5 running with vorpx – if I use either Mesenzio or shr84’s profiles, they both try to attach to both mechwarrior.exe and MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe, but both hang on the MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe and eventually it asks to do nothing, close or add to exclusion.

I’ve tried excluding one exe or the other for both profiles, same results (just hangs on the non-excluded exe). Thoughts?

Mesenzio
    Participant

Strangely enough yesterday Vorpx stopped attaching when I removed ReShade from MechWarrior 5. I put it back and it works.
    You might try that.

Mesenzio
    Participant

Update: with the latest version of VorpX there is no need for the ReShade “trick” anymore, and it hooks up normally.
    Moreover, now the positional tracking works, and the camera will move back and forth with your head movement. Strangely enough the rotation movement is still linked only to the mouse.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!