MechWarrior 5

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings MechWarrior 5

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    VTBlade
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to MW5 and would like to set up VR… Please could someone tell me where to find this aforementioned “online database” with working profiles for VorpX?

Also aas an aside (1 step at a time eh?) I’m interested in running mods, specifically navida’s 3d HUD for MW5… has anyone tried this with VR? Does it render correctly?

Thanks in advance!

5930k @ 4.4GHz w/ 3.4GHz ring/cache
    2080Ti MSI Gaming XTrio @2GHz
    ADATA 2TB m2 @ 3GB/s read
    16GB of meh RAM (2666)
    Rift CV1 w/ 3 sensor setup
    Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X

Mesenzio
    Participant

You can find the online profiles directly within VorpX.

I didn’t try with the 3D HUD, but it works fine with the Enhanced HUD, including the advanced zoom.

VTBlade
    Participant

Nice one, thanks Mesenzio… Lol, I didn’t think to look IN VorpX for the profiles, I’m sure that feature wasn’t there the last time I used it?!… it has been some time though!

I’m off for the next couple of days…woohoo Mechwarrior here we come! I’m glad to hear that it at least appears to work with mods too; I forsee me spending 2 days adding mod content, tweaking settings, maximising my Gfx settings to get max possible quality with minimum 91 fps consistently, then playing actual gameplay for 20 minutes before having to prep for work again lol

Zander
    Participant

Hi, Mesenzio I tried your profile and it hangs on the MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping.exe and nothing happens and I’m not sure why. the other profile by shr84 works in Z normal but not G3d.I would like to get G3d working if possible=)

Mesenzio
    Participant

Hi Zander, I don’t know, I was using it until a week or so ago and it worked fine. I have the “Try to block known game overlays” option enabled (even though I don’t recall Epic having an overlay at all) if that makes any difference. I am playing on a WMR headset and an Nvidia card, so thing might be different if you have a different configuration.
    Also, make sure to have all the RTX effects disabled in MechWarrior 5.

Zander
    Participant

Thanks for the help, I’m play on a index and here’s what I found out. I think the game starts to fast for Vorpx to hook. so if I start the game and wait for the options screen then ctrl+esc. right click the game on the task bar and run a second game it hooks=) then close the first game. not sure why that work but it does.

Enderion
    Participant

For some reason with the shr84 preset and turning off Raytracing and DLSS, the only 3D effect I get is my mouse cursor on G3D mode and nothing on ZNormal.

Zander
    Participant

Looks like the update/DLC broke the profile.=( hopefully it can be fixed.

Mesenzio
    Participant

Indeed it does not work anymore. I tried creating a new profile from the Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot one but it doesn’t work either. Any idea on which one is the most recent Unreal Engine profile on VorpX?

Zander
    Participant

I don’t know, I wish did.

Mesenzio
    Participant

I tried with some other recent Unreal profiles but no dice. No depth in any mode.

elliotttate
    Participant

The latest version is UE4 4.26.1.0

chris123
    Participant

MW5 would be so good with Vorpx. I hope it works in the future.

wangmauler
    Participant

I just noticed the patch notes from July 7 read:

“The VR Plugins have been reenabled in the Editor. This should allow Mod Builders to continue creating VR-related mods and will enable users to explicitly enable VR support when desired, rather than the game auto-launching any installed VR software.”

Anyone get VR working lately? :)

thomas3d
    Participant

I once bought MechWarrior 5 on Steam … unfortunately only runs in 2D flat … tried several profiles … no G3D … it’s a shame I can’t play games in 2D flat anymore … will return the game …
    and wait until there is a VR mod or VorpX profile with a working G3D.
    The first hope for this is this VR mod test.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!