Metro Exodus in VR with vorpx. What profile to try?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Metro Exodus in VR with vorpx. What profile to try?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    marcob
    Participant

I have got Metro Exodus.

What profile would you think could work?

It seems that the game freezes on start if I just use vorpx desktop viewer .

Any help please?

marcob
    Participant
    steph12
    Participant

i dont want to be spoiled so i wont look this video.

does it work with vorpx ? Z3D ? G3D ? based on another game profile ?

dellrifter22
    Participant

The video claims to have G3D working with a copied Last Light profile which is cool. I can’t try for myself until tomorrow. I’m excited though, this game looks to be a visual stunner.

Make sure to set the game in dx11 mode, not 12.

dborosev
    Participant

Holy crap that looks good. Anyone confirm G3D?

dellrifter22
    Participant

So despite the video claim, I am not having luck getting G3D with any of the Metro profiles. Not Z3D even. Sure they are selectable options in the menu, but they have no impact on the flat image.

After testing dozens of profiles, I found that a few Unreal 4 games and Star Wars Battlefront 2 can grant Z3D for Exodus. It’s better than nothing, but not the excellent G3D experience of the other Metro games.

if anyone here has been able to play in actual geometry 3D, or if Ralf has any tips regarding settings for the Metro engine, please let me know. Thanks.

steph12
    Participant

dellrifter22 thank you for sharing your findings :)

i’m pretty sure that guy on the video lied and just did it for clickbait, it would not be the first time i see this.

disgusting behavior.

i bet he doesnt have the game running in G3D at all and not even Z3D.

i also tried all the official metro profiles, the game hooks but yeah no Z3D/G3D, i tried to remove AA from config file, i tried to run the game in windowed mod, i tried to change fov (which breaks the graphics).

the only hope now is getting an official vorpx profile for this game.

meanwhile i will play the game in Z3D thanks to you man :D better than nothing for sure ! after all i’m still having a blast playing dishonored 2 in Z3D :p

dborosev
    Participant

Its not G3D, but its not bad playing Z3D in cinema mode. Thanks for that dellrifter.

Steph12: what do you mean changing fov breaks the graphics? I upped it to 85 in the ini, and have not noticed anything bad.

steph12
    Participant

i changed r_base_fov from 60 to 80 (i dont even know if it’s the right settings i was just testing) and my graphics were all messed up, could not see a thing.

i’m playing at 1920*1440.

i heard this game uses vertical FoV ?

https://www.vgassist.com/question/how-do-you-change-the-metro-exodus-fov-on-pc/

dborosev
    Participant

I’m playing in 1600×1200, works fine there.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I don’t think they mean any harm, but that some people genuinely don’t see the difference of 3D sometimes, and having fullview with headtracking is enough to get them immersed. I’m glad people are sharing excitement with vorpX like he does. I just wish geometry magically worked all the time :) .

It seems FOV maxes out at 90, anything above will reset to default.

Gotta go now. hopefully Ralf gets a chance to take a look sometime. Seems to be a likely candidate for a vorpX title.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Added a Z3D cinema profile to the cloud for anyone interested. an FOV of 79 in user.cfg and a 16:9 resolution worked best for me.

Performance is good so far, should be able to play in 4k.

steph12
    Participant

Great ! Thank you very much Dellrifter22, i’ll start my real playthrough tonight with that profile :)

marcob
    Participant

Added a Z3D cinema profile to the cloud for anyone interested. an FOV of 79 in user.cfg and a 16:9 resolution worked best for me.

Performance is good so far, should be able to play in 4k.

What is the name of your profile ? Would love to try it

steph12
    Participant

for some reason Z3D doesnt work for me :/

maybe because i have a htc vive ?

anyway, i created a new profile based on hellblade senua sacrifice and i have Z3D working now, i shared in cloud under metro exodus Z3D (steph09)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!