Metro Exodus in VR with vorpx. What profile to try?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Metro Exodus in VR with vorpx. What profile to try?

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

That should not happen with Z-normal. Did you accidentally switch it to Geometry 3D mode? G3D doesn’t work yet with this game, so the profile default is Z-normal.

Soldier13
    Participant

Hallo,

Bei mir funktioniert das Exodus gar nicht. Es stützt immer ab bevor man zum menü kommt leider werden meine Mails nicht beantwortet von der Firma ich warte schon seit mehr als einer woche darauf.

Was ich nicht verstehe ist? Ich möchte gerne das Metro exodus mit der HTC VIVE PRO spielen.
    Habe mir in den Foren die einstellungen zusammen gesucht und es funktioniert leider gar nicht.
    Verstehen nicht das der Hersteller dieser APP keine Profile aktualisiert wie zum beispiel Metro EXODUS.

Wenn ich eines der vorhanden einstellungen benutze zb Far Cry Prima… dann sieht die Grafik furchtbar aus.
    und es kommt auch nicht das Feeling von FullVR sondern man sieht immer einen Rand rund um das Spiel. als würde ich mit der Brille in einen Bildschirm starren?

kann mir irgendwer Helfen ??? bitte bitte

Ralf
    Keymaster

Der Hersteller dieser App aktualisiert Profile, aber es dauert in der Regel etwas nach Release. Es gibt allerdings nie eine Garantie dafür, dass ein offizielles Profil für eine Spiel gibt. Nicht immer ist das möglich.

Metro Exodus schauen wir uns auf jeden Fall demnächst an, versprechen kann ich aber nichts.

Du findest eine weitgehend aktuelle Liste offiziel unterstützter Spiele hier. Als Anfänger möchte ich dir auch diese Liste mit idealen Spielen für vorpX-Anfänger sehr ans Herz legen.

harm
    Participant

I’ve got a RTX 2080, but I’m definitely not getting the performance some of you here are getting.
    I applied all the common .ini fixes and used the Last Light profile for Exodus.
    Even on low settings it still doesn’t run that good. Only cinema mode is bearable.

Anything I might have missed?

dellrifter22
    Participant

The Last Light profile you copied likely defaults to geometry 3D (which can impact performance heavily). Since I could not get geometry mode to render correctly (it just looks flat), I switched to z-normal 3D. I found cinema mode to be the best for comfortable fov.

With z-normal 3D you should easily get the 40+ fps needed for a comfortable experince (ASW enabled).

dellrifter22
    Participant

Unless you’ve gotten 3D to magically work with the Last Light profile (it was all flat for me) I suggest you use an Unreal 4 game profile or Star Wars Battlefront 2, with Z3D of course.

grumdark
    Participant

Does anyone know if the developer studio A4 Games for Metro Exodus has corrected the problem of colors washed in some update after the launch?

dellrifter22
    Participant

I didn’t notice any problem with colors in my playthrough, though I did turn up the saturation a fair ways in vorpX to make the lights more vibrant. You can adjust gamma and color saturation with the Delete Key menu on the Image Settings page.

Some people have been using the new Nvidia freestyle color filters in Geforce Experience to do basically the same thing, but I’ve not tried it and am uncertain if it conflicts with vorpX in any way (doubtful). Read about it at GameRevolution.com.

I read brief accounts of problems using HDR with DLSS but you shouldn’t be using HDR with an hmd anyway.

luris
    Participant

Will there be an official profile for the game in the next Vorpx version? 2033 and Last Light were great with Direct VR. My hope is to get the same level of support for Exodus.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There will be a G3D/Z3D profile with most DirectVR features available for the game.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!