Metro Exodus in VR with vorpx. What profile to try?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Metro Exodus in VR with vorpx. What profile to try?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    dellrifter22
    Participant

Hmm, maybe you accidentally imported the “VR realm” one. The one labeled (Z3D) should have good Z-normal.

Anyway, glad you found one that works. Back to the metro.

steph12
    Participant

i noticed that if i play metro exodus in fullscreen Z3D doesnt work.
    if i tweak ini to make the game in windowed mod, Z3D works.
    so if you use my profile, tweak your ini accordingly.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I’ve been experimenting more with the Exodus Z3D profile and have made some improvements to 3D and FOV. By upping the ini fov to max 90 and zooming the cinema to fullscreen, it is now closer to a fullVR experience. You even get several degrees of side to side simulated freelook.

Profile updated: Metro Exodus Z3D (Rift)

-ini edits in: C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\metro exodus\e1d….\user.cfg
    set r_base_fov 90.
    r_fullscreen off
    (This game runs better in windowed mode)

-use widescreen 16:9 resolution for better freelook
    (3840×2160 or higher is good, I’m using 4992×2808 and pleased how it looks)

Additional tips:
    *use AutoHotKey script for remapping locked keys.
    x::h (moves my holster weapon button easier to reach)
    *for borderless window use Borderless Gaming tool as seen here at 2:22:

*if you don’t care about side to side freelook and want better HUD visibility, use a square resolution (2400×2400)
    *disable motion blur if you like in user.cfg:
    r_blur_level 0
    r_game_mblur_scale 0

Also thanks to Nathie for spreading the love.

grumdark
    Participant

Thanks, I’m testing and Z3D works for me correctly.

Additionally,I testing FULLVR Mode out of curiosity, and it feels very good.
    I’m testing with my Oculus CV1 in 1600×1280 resolution (original aspect ratio 5:4 for Rift CV1 and game window mode/directx 11)

I checked the following parameters in Vorpx and user.cfg files.
    Vorpx internal menu:
    FullVR Mode ON
    Zoom 95 aprox

user.cfg file:
    r_res_hor 1600
    r_res_vert 1280
    r_dx11_tess 1
    r_api 2
    r_fullscreen off
    r_base_fov 90
    r_blur_level 0
    r_game_mblur_scale 0
    r_taa_enabled 0
    r_ssaa_auto 0.
    r_exposure_hdr 0.

Issues:
    Blood overlay (when getting damaged) doesn’t scale with FOV
    HUD no scalable

Positive:
    In general terms I am looking like a tremendous and immersive game, and I think it deserves a complete revision through a small update by the master of keys (Ralf) to activate G3D, HUD scale, and directVR some functions.
    I love this game.

angelayla
    Participant

Hi! My name is Angel, I have a Gpu Gtx 1060 6 gb and I want to know if I could play Metro Exodus with Vorpx with good fps. What Gpu do you have? Thanks and Ralph, congratulations for your great work!! It’s incredible the change of play in a monitor to play Direct VR with Vorpx, I love it!!!

dellrifter22
    Participant

Judging by a few videos of playing Exodus with a 1060 on youtube, with modest settings at 1080p you should be able to get above the needed 45 fps for a comfortable experience through most of the game. Go have a look on youtube to decide for yourself though.

Using Z-normal (performance) 3D you’ll hardly notice a fps hit while running vorpX. If you can tolerate 30 fps, you might even be able to push 1440p to look more clear.

There isn’t an official profile for Exodus yet (no DirectVR), so you’ll need to import one and set FOV manually as described in the posts above.

If you decide to try it out and need more help, let us know. I’m having a lot of fun in it so far.

haints
    Participant

Excellent profile, dellrifter!

One issue I’m having–the vorpx in-game menu is just a bunch of blank boxes? I have to guess at what I’m adjusting …

And I can’t seem to get fullVR mode running. I get something like it, with head tracking, but I can still see the top and bottom of the screen … using Windows borderless gaming to play windowed in fullscreen for performance …

haints
    Participant

i noticed that if i play metro exodus in fullscreen Z3D doesnt work.
    if i tweak ini to make the game in windowed mod, Z3D works.
    so if you use my profile, tweak your ini accordingly.

Steph, I just tried your profile, and it is excellent too! Weirdly, I don’t have the menu issue I do with Dell’s profile.

Good work, both of you guys!

Macrobyte
    Participant

Has anyone run into an issue where the vorpx just isn’t hooking to the game? I tried the alternate hook method, switching between the steamvr and oculus load method, running as admin, and disabling my anti-virus but nothing seemed to work. Was getting paranoid about vorpx just not working at all so I tried a cloud profile for dungeon defenders and the local profile for left 4 dead 2. Both appeared to hook fine. I checked the executable in task manager to make sure it matched the one in the profile.

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you happen to run the game in DX12 mode switch to DX11, vorpX can’t hook DX12.

Macrobyte
    Participant

Thanks Ralf. The game was already at DX11, so that didn’t seem to fix the problem. Does vorpx have some type of log I can check or turn on?

steph12
    Participant

Thanks Ralf. The game was already at DX11, so that didn’t seem to fix the problem. Does vorpx have some type of log I can check or turn on?

do you have legit copy ?

you can try right click vorpx icon (bottom right) and create a game shortcut, that can fix the hooking issue.

for me vorpx has to start hooking before the game launches else it doesnt hook.

Macrobyte
    Participant

do you have legit copy ?

you can try right click vorpx icon (bottom right) and create a game shortcut, that can fix the hooking issue.

for me vorpx has to start hooking before the game launches else it doesnt hook.

Yes, I bought my copy through steam. I am aware of how the hooking is supposed to work. As I stated in my original post, I confirmed vorpx was working properly with other games. This is the reason I am asking if the program has associated logs with it. If logging is possible, then I can probably get a good idea on specifically why the game isn’t hooking.

I didn’t know about the create shortcut option before. But, after trying it, that doesn’t work either. The game simply doesn’t even attempt to load according to the task manager.

RJK_
    Participant

I would also try some of the STALKER profiles for G3D.

Pdot
    Participant

When trying dellrifter22 my scope is insvisible

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!