Resident Evil 3 Remake

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 3 Remake

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    ArniVR
    Participant

Ralf, is there any way to enlarge the convergence and depth in the normal/Z3D ?
    If only VorpX had an economical 3D mode, comparable in qualitry to the “3D VISION Compatibility mode”… It’d solved the most problem! Especually with modern games.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Base Z3D paramaters are dialed in so that with the max 3.0 Z3D strengh typical artifacts are still bearable. More would be too glitchy. All Z3D implementations have the same inherent artifacts. However, in vorpX individually chosen base values in profiles take care that you can’t overdo it. That will not change, more isn’t automatically better here.

Hint: The 3D-effect looks typically more pronounced with ‘Z3D Normal’, ‘Z3D Adaptive’ has its advantages, namely ‘auto focus’ and depth of field, but ‘Z3D Normal’ typically provides more pronounced stereo.

ArniVR
    Participant

You probably have some other technology for building fake 3D. In 3D VISION Compatibility mode, any depth and convergence can be adjusted. Artifacts around the edges of objects do not become more noticeable. At the same time, all geometry is displayed in 3D absolutely precisely and naturally. The only drawback is the inability to display transparent objects in 3D such as water, smoke, fog, glass, fire, etс. But this is a common problem of all fake 3D modes.
    Nevertheless, I believe that you should allow us to adjust the Z3D normal mode at our discretion, and give us access to the depth settings and convergence.

——-
    There is one more point that I wanted to ask you about. Why don’t you add focus to infinity in Immersive and Cinema modes?
    You have set focus comparable to the TV screen in a room with one or two meters. Because of this, in games there is no proper one-on-one scale with reality. Do you understand what I’m talking about? You have a Focal setting. It fixes a problem with scale. But unfortunately, it only works in 3D. For games in 2D, there are no options.
    You set focus to infinity only in Direct VR mode. But in this mode it is not very convenient to play with the gamepad, since the virtual screen is always attached to the helmet

Ralf
    Keymaster

3d-vison: that is flatout not true. Its compatibilty mode has the same artifacts, just as any other depth buffer 3D-method. For my taste 3DV looks actually worse in that regard, the method they use to fill in the missing parts of the image most of the time seems to involve some odd looking stretch algorithm.

Second question: vorpX’s main focus (pun intended :)) aren’t stereo 3D enthusiasts who want to tinker with settings that have no meaning for any normal user, sorry. vorpX is primarily meant for people who want to play games in VR, thus stereo is created like done right in VR. There are already way too many settings in this regard. As you are probably aware VR apps typically have no settings at all related to stereo 3D creation.

ArniVR
    Participant

There are three methods of stretching the image in the Compatibility mode 3D(3D VISION)
    You can check it: Ctrl+F11.
    I’ve always turned off the stretching. Then appears some cut of edges in the right and the left. But, it doesn’t mater.
    As a result, you get absolutely correct construction of geometry in 3D.
    I don’t want to seem rude, but your method of building fake 3D (Z3D) does not stand up to any comparison in quality with the methods used in 3D VISION and TriDef. It looks pretty useless at the moment.
    There are many different settings available in VorpX. But most of them are far less important than the scale and 3D settings.
    For all other characteristics, VorpX is the best software for running flat games in VR!
    I just made a few important wishes to make VorpX even better.
    Sorry if my words look a bit rudely. I had no purpose to offend you
    Thank you for the excellent work! By the way! In the latest update, performance and stability are even better than before. It’s great!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Z3D: That is simply not true, there isn’t really more to say in that regard. Any depth baesd reconstruction fills missing pixels in a similar manner. I have absolutely no clue how you come to your conclusion, it’s plain and simple wrong. No other way to call it, sorry. Maybe because the inherent artifacts are amplified by the image being so much bigger in VR than on a monitor. One more reason to restrict the maximum strength.

lipplog
    Participant

So what’s the consensus on RE3 Remake working in Full VR? Is it possible?

lipplog
    Participant

So what’s the consensus on RE3 Remake working in Full VR? Is it possible?

gurtxi
    Participant

The game works well for me but I don’t know why I can’t point my head. The camera moves but the pointer does not. Any ideas?. Thank you

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!