Resident Evil 7: IT WORKS WITH VORPX! How To:

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 7: IT WORKS WITH VORPX! How To:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Spazem
    Participant

Video at the bottom but read through experience first.

My Experience:
    Okay so, my experience so far with the Vive: It’s very decent, I’ve just come up to a section with something scary (no spoilers here) and I definitely feel immersed in the game. I’m okay with just using mouse/keyboard, I wouldn’t use my head to turn as it’s slightly delayed, maybe a workaround will come out for that soon. One problem I do find annoying though, the FOV. If you zoom out with VorpX using your middle mouse button, you’ll see how much of the screen you’re actually losing, which is a significant amount. If we could get the head tracking on point and the FOV set right, we wouldn’t need to wait a year for it to be released for Vive and Oculus, it would be official. I did notice a “EnableFovHack” and “FOV” settings in the Re7_Config.ini, but the FOV there seems to be different from in game settings, and I’m not sure what the FOV hack is for, any ideas?

That’s my opinion anyway.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UetPZFe7JA&feature=youtu.be

steph12
    Participant

do you have 3D depth ?geometry 3D ? z3D ? or is the image flat ?

how can you play in VR with a fov of only 90° ?

decizion
    Participant

I’m trying different settings atm nothing really good so far.

Spazem
    Participant

do you have 3D depth ?geometry 3D ? z3D ? or is the image flat ?

how can you play in VR with a fov of only 90° ?

Yes there is 3D Depth, no geometry 3D setting in VorpX but if you plug your controller in and go to in game settings and make sure “Fix mouse cursor to screen” is set to on, then it is similar. Not sure what you mean by z3d, but no the image is not flat, I can look all around me with the head tracking. It’s not like cinema mode like you’re thinking, it’s almost a full VR experience. It’s not the best with a FOV of 90, as I stated in my experience, it needs to be increased. It’s still a very good experience though.

I’m trying different settings atm nothing really good so far.

Did you watch the YouTube video and follow the steps? You should be getting a really good experience.

On a side note, I found out that going into settings > controls > Camera Acceleration = NONE makes head tracking a lot smoother without the delay. I will add this note in my main post

EDIT: It appears I can’t edit my original post, is there a time limit or something?

dborosev
    Participant

This doesn’t sound too good. No geometry is a deal breaker.
    It just sounds like head tracking. I’d rather play in cinema mode with Geometry.
    What profile was used?

Spazem
    Participant

This doesn’t sound too good. No geometry is a deal breaker.
    It just sounds like head tracking. I’d rather play in cinema mode with Geometry.
    What profile was used?

Actually, I’m not even sure what profile it’s loading with it, I didn’t even think to check that lol.

steph12
    Participant

pfff.

your how to youtube video is just bullshit.

sorry to say that, but there is absolutely no depth at all, headtracking is working but you still have a flat image.

fov is not high enough.

it’s absolutely not playable, not immersive, nothing.

so no, this game right now doesnt work with vorpx, far from it.

the day when we’ll be able to put 110-120 fov and able to use geometry 3D or at least Z3D then vorpx will work with this game, untill then it’s a big no.

your thread is misleading. you should rename it asap before people get hugely disappointed just like myself.

psyx
    Participant

Geometry 3D and a good FOV or it’s worthless.

Spazem
    Participant

pfff.

sorry to say that, but there is absolutely no depth at all, headtracking is working but you still have a flat image.

fov is not high enough.

the day when we’ll be able to put 110-120 fov and able to use geometry 3D or at least Z3D then vorpx will work with this game, untill then it’s a big no.

your thread is misleading. you should rename it asap before people get hugely disappointed just like myself.

First of all, it’s not my video, it’s a video I found by somebody else and I thought it would a nice thing to share my findings with other people.

Secondly, I already stated the FOV wasn’t high enough, thank you again for pointing that out captain obvious.

There is depth, head tracking is fine and there is NO flat image, you obviously done something wrong because I am not having this issue. It is definitely playable, incredibly immersive and you’re being obnoxious with your comments.

I don’t care if people LIKE you get disappointed, because people LIKE you, don’t seem to understand that this is far better than nothing.

Don’t come here making accusations and claims if you can’t even get the damn game working properly. Or if you didn’t read through my experience first before trying anything, because you obviously weren’t paying any attention.

I am receiving nothing but thanks everywhere else, and here you are with your salty attitude making claims on something you can’t get working properly.

To sum it up, the video I found isn’t bullshit, YOU are bullshit.

Yeah, you’re welcome.

Spazem
    Participant

FYI, won’t be posting anything on this forum anymore. I’ll just be another leecher from here on out.

On a side note, you should go spend $400 on a ps4 and another $400 on a PSVR, or wait one year for official VR support instead of coming here to complain.

tortricat
    Participant

He just meant there’s no depth within the image, which is what VR is. Seeing a flat image overlayed on a spherical screen that surrounds you, is still a flat image, just a 360 one.

Depth is extremely important thing for VR,and I’d have to agree that they should wait on this game, after spending a bit of time playing it on PC myself. The way the scenes and environments are, as well as the UI and some basic game functionality, are all obviously set up in ways that compliment VR.

So, it will be better playing this with VorpX than with most games you normally use VorpX for, even without geometry reconstruction. But youll also be missing out on part of what they wanted the experience to be like.

steph12
    Participant

pfff.

fov is not high enough.

First of all, it’s not my video, it’s a video I found by somebody else and I thought it would a nice thing to share my findings with other people.

Secondly, I already stated the FOV wasn’t high enough, thank you again for pointing that out captain obvious.

There is depth, head tracking is fine and there is NO flat image, you obviously done something wrong because I am not having this issue. It is definitely playable, incredibly immersive and you’re being obnoxious with your comments.

I don’t care if people LIKE you get disappointed, because people LIKE you, don’t seem to understand that this is far better than nothing.

Don’t come here making accusations and claims if you can’t even get the damn game working properly. Or if you didn’t read through my experience first before trying anything, because you obviously weren’t paying any attention.

I am receiving nothing but thanks everywhere else, and here you are with your salty attitude making claims on something you can’t get working properly.

To sum it up, the video I found isn’t bullshit, YOU are bullshit.

Yeah, you’re welcome.

you obviously never played a game with vorpx with geometry 3D, you’ll see what depth is.

i didnt want to be mean to you but i got disappointed, you cant say the game is working with vorpx when it doesnt.

a game working with vorpx means vorpx rendering methods work with that game either geometry 3D or Z3D.

you cant play a game in VR with a fov of 90, not a first person game at least.

and yep image is flat, nothing wrong on my side, i didnt wait for this youtube video to make the game “works” that way, i just uninstalled re7 until this game is really VR ready either with vorpx or official capcom Vr patch.

wolf8312
    Participant

Yeah dude if it doesent work change the title I almost impulse bought the game simply because having past over this posts title I thought 3D was a certain thing.

To be honest I still play Hitman and doom on cinema screen and find it way more immersive and better than a normal monitor but I think I’ll wait now as I have a huge christmas backlog.

Geometry isnt the be all and end all for me as GTA 5 looks amazing without it but that does still have genuine 3D options.

When playing the game in Vorpx and pressing options (delete) what are the exact 3D settings you are choosing? Is 3D acceleration set to on or off?

Andrewcd
    Participant

Ridiculous and cruel of sony and capcom for this, i really wanted to play this, now we gotta wait a whole year for the stupid patch man, it pisses me off so much how so many kids this gen support sony when in reality they screw gamers in general over each time cause they can get away with it

davidw
    Participant

Absolutely agree. They made a bad decision not to include VR support for the pc version. What that tells me is that down the road, you’ll be purchasing the game at a lower price, and Capcom has lost money, because I could have pulled all the stops and purchased the game yesterday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!