Resident Evil 7: IT WORKS WITH VORPX! How To:

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Resident Evil 7: IT WORKS WITH VORPX! How To:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    geekrobot
    Participant

100% accurate. Been playing RE since the first one on PSX, but I’m not going to play this game because by the time PC VR support arrives, I’ll be balls deep in the Wasteland of Fallout 4 VR. Capcom dropped the ball. As much as I understand platform exclusivity, it is the opposite of what VR as a medium needs right now.

DaMan
    Participant

Yooo, here is something I found online from a guy and this profile enables the 3D options Z-adaptive or Z-Normal and the headtracking works quite decent too (tried it with the Vive) You CANNOT enable 3D-Geometry though but it looks kinda Ok. I only tried it in the PC demo and to compare it with my Playstation VR and I have to say it’s much better on the PS but still at least some 3D enabled in Vorpx.
    Do this:
    -open your Vorpx
    -under “Cloud Profiles” and “Profile Author” type in: gaming4good11
    -select the updated version and click on “Import Profile” and then “Apply”
    (now it should be in your Local Profiles.

I think if the FOV can be raised above 90 it might be even nicer.
    Plz don’t flame, this is my 1st post ever and I hope this helps a bit and I love RE too and I was so pissed that I bought the PS VR:)

steph12
    Participant

we really need someone smart enough to figure how to change the fov beyond 90.

FriskyNoodle
    Participant

So I managed to get Reshade to inject into depth buffer using SuperDeppth3D.fx by BlueSkyKnight and got side by side with lens distortion and actual 3D depth! IT WORKS Now Im trying to use 0.6 runtime for extended mode, but also get opentrack to detect my HMD but it wont detect because 1. its in extended mode 2. because it doesnt have support for 0.6 runtime. I did try forcing extended mode on oculus 1.4 runtime, but to do this, the OSVR service needs to be stopped, and since its stopped opentrack with 1.4 runtime WILL not detect HMD (I tried forcing extended mode while the service was turned on also) oculus and display driver kept crashing and restarting until my PC bluescreened, so thats no bueno. I also attempted to just run the game in SBS3D with reshade, then combine the images with virtual desktop’s SBS 3D option, it looks like shit that way and it lags but I would theoretically have headtracking since Oculus is in direct mode and opentrack detects my HMD. Now I just need to find some way to get a good balance of extended mode, headtracking, and 3D depth through reshade. If I find a method, ill update my post here.

steph12
    Participant

nice,

that looks a bit complicated, but thanks for sharing your discoverings with us.

i hope you can get the game running great with headtracking and all that would be totally amazing.

good luck with that ^^

steph12
    Participant

one question tho, can you bypass the narrow 90 fov ?

FriskyNoodle
    Participant

go to RE7ini in game folder and change FOV I think its in horizontal FOV so use a calculator for 120 fov

set it to readonly when you changer around gfx settings to your liking

steph12
    Participant

i tried changing fov in re7.ini but game crashes.

for example there is a line fov=40 any value different than 40 makes the game crash.

there is another value fov related like defaultFoV or something like that i dont remember with value like 1,2,3,4,5 etc and i know it is related to fov 60,65,70,75,80 etc. i’m not 100% sure about those values, i uninstalled RE7 untill it’s fully playable in VR.

so basically i was stuck with fov 90 at best.

did you manage to go higher than 90 ?

FriskyNoodle
    Participant

honestly, thought that was the case and it did not work, ill tweak the settings the more I become familiar with the game.

Some good headpphones and extended mode on DK2 with the SuperDepth3D shader, I do not have headtracking but played the first hour of the game. Its too much man.

gagagu
    Participant

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEsVkceID-E

I don’t knwo whats about headtracking. May be it will work with opentrack but i don’t know.
    I guess it’s possible to get a highter fov by creating a custom resolution?

steph12
    Participant

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEsVkceID-E

I don’t knwo whats about headtracking. May be it will work with opentrack but i don’t know.
    I guess it’s possible to get a highter fov by creating a custom resolution?

i just tried, following carefully all instructions and…

it looks shit, plays shit, and no presence feeling at all.
    just uninstalled RE7 again, will definitively wait for a real geometry experience with roomscale etc etc etc.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just wanted to briefly chime in here: the “head tracking as gamepad” method used in the YouTube video that Spazem linked in the first post is a last resort fallback. It works, but expect rather heavy head tracking latency. This method should only be used if everything else fails.

Unfortunately that is the case for RE7. I’ve been looking into this over the weekend, but apparently they do something *very* unusual in regard to obtaining mouse input for the game and so far I wasn’t even able to figure out what that is, let alone why they don’t use any of the methods that everybody else uses.

I would love to see this game supported and there will be more work done on it, but right now all I can say is: don’t get your hopes up. Without figuring out what they do in regard to input it doesn’t even make sense to start checking whether 3D is possible.

FriskyNoodle
    Participant

3D is possible. I made it possible with depth buffer access in reshade through a custom shader by blueskyknight for SBS 3D

I havent been able to use 0.6 runtime for Oculus (in extended mode) with headtracking as of yet because of opentrack detects the oculus when its in direct mode, not extended. Which is strange it can’t. I dont care that much if there is a latency issue, it isnt a fast paced game, so it wouldnt be to terrible for the sake of added immersion that you can turn your head while being hunted down, or just in the game in general. I played the first hour with 3D depth alone and no HT, it was still a great level of immersion inside the headset. Ill work on it more when I have time and hopefully come up with a solid method. (As of now might only work with people using Devkits and runtime switcher.)

steph12
    Participant

if only we could have 3D working with vorpx, geometry would be so amazing but Z3D would be fine too, i think we could live with “headtracking as gamepad” relative, even if it’s not perfect.
    but i’m afraid capcom did a nice job to screw us pc gamers by locking the fov so low and i dont know why but i’ve tried a ton of vorpx profile and while the game starts with some profiles, the 3D rendering doesnt work at all.

dborosev
    Participant

Hey Ralf. Just wanted to say that for those of us that play in cinema mode, 3d and fov would be awesome, even if you can’t figure out input. Since we use mouse and keyboard anyways. This game would be perfect for that.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!