Skyrim Special Edition

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Skyrim Special Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

@ nieda : Try to run the game windowed. Shouldn’t be necessary, but in some cases that can help. Also make sure that the game has input focus via ALT-TAB. Sometimes Oculus Home can interfere so that games may appear to hang because they are paused without having input focus.

@ prinyo : Make sure to reduce the detail settings in the Skyrim Launcher. Just as it is the case with the original Skyrim the highest detail settings are almost certainly too much for G3D in more taxing parts of the outside map.

nieda113
    Participant

o got skyrimse running under vorpx. But i had to disable all mods and cant start the game with nexus modmanger. Tomorrow i will check how to get vorpx work with a modded skyimse..

BLAs68
    Participant

@Nieda, If Vorpx isn’t automatically skipping the pre-game menu (the one that shows up on desktop with the options and all), you have to press start game manually.

BLAs68
    Participant

I took all the good mods from the top 200 mods so far, including 4 or 4K and 2K texture mods. FPS killers would be those, Verdant Grass DEFINITELY, the two tree and forest mods and maybe the water mods. 10-30 FPS outdoors (so 25 base FPS and +-20fps…grass kills),G3D. Titan X Pascal. 40-80 FPS indoors ;). Ultra Settings

nieda113
    Participant

@Blas68.. good to know about the mods.. do use nexus modmanger, too?
    If so how to start with vorpx than?

BLAs68
    Participant

@nieda113
    I think there’s two executables when you get the software, one for the Vorpx profile configuration and the one that plainly starts up Vorpx itself. I think you can also apply and close from its config exe. Make sure you follow the steps To be taken while applying the prelim profile.

So run vorpx, make sure the icon is in the task tray area (lower right corner of desktop)

Run skyrim, this is based on me having CV1 btw.

Once your glasses fade to white screen with words saying …taking too long to load… the game is either loading or waiting for you to actually start it from the pre game menu. So make sure you click start or whichever and the menu is gone so the program can continue.

Should be all good from there, not sure if windowed or not makes a difference specifically for using Skyrim and Vorpx.

I prefer to keep it windowed so I can adjust the volume and it makes exiting a frozen skyrim much easier.

Tried Bethesda mods at first, seemed simpler albeit more restricted. That restricted/limited feeling went from a little itch to needles being jabbed. Nexus Mods all the way, however since Skyrim SE came out, servers are going wonky. Pay the $3 for a month of premium and not have to find what mod could’ve be downloaded (b/c nexus doesn’t give you the title of mods failed to DL). Nexus Premium -> smooth downloads, error-free*

robytz
    Participant

HI, i know i sound ridicolous but does anybody had success with DK2 ?
    i got skyrim to work under oculus 1.3 runtime drivers but not skyrim se :(
    as soon as the main menu shows it CTD.. any ideas?

criscap
    Participant

Hi
    I am very enthusiastic with the idea of running AAA titles in VR thanks to Vorpx, so I am investing time in tweaking the system and trying to troubleshoot the issues that arise. I need some help with 3D Geometry mode. Where do you activate it exactly? I cannot find it in the in game menu. Could you please give very specific instructions step by step how to arrive to the screen where I can actually chose the 3D Geometry mode?
    What I have seen so far is no 3D really. Just a big plain screen wrapped around my head. Hopefully this is due to the fact that I might not have the 3D Geometry mode activated.
    Other strange thing is that FPS is extremely low. I have an i7 6900k, 2 Geforce GTX 1080 working on SLI, 64GB RAM, X99 Rampage V 10 edition. This rig flies. And in spite of all this raw computer power, I am barely getting 40 FPS at top specs (when I am getting a more than twice this number in my monitor). I also see when I press ALT + F that in addition to the FPS, I see another figure (much higher) that is the ‘Direct Mode’. What is the meaning of that?
    And probably, the 40FPS that I am getting is in Z buffer mode (as I have not found the way to activate 3D Geometry). So, things might get even slower with 3D Geometry…
    I would expect some drop of FPS versus my flat monitor due to the fact that I am sending one screen to each eye in VR instead of one single monitor. But I would not expect a drop of more than 50% in FPS… Is this normal/expected?
    Thanks

prinyo
    Participant

You need to do this in order to enable SLI for SSE: http://imgur.com/gallery/57xFy
    Not sure if it will help much as Skyrim seems very CPU dependent. So a second GPU will not make a difference.

You change the modes like other settings in the vorpX menu. When in the game press Delete button. The modes are on the first page of the settings.
    In the non-geometry modes you can make adjustments in the 3D also in the settings.

When running the game with vorpX the game will be capped at 45fps. Your headset will receive 90 fps because … magic :-) . This is what the two numbers mean. Ideally you want 45 and 90 shown when you press Alt+F.

The old SKyrim runs better in vorpX at the moment. You might need to lower your graphic settings in order to achieve a steady 45fps stream.
    I’m pretty sure this is the last thing you expect to read when you have two 1080’s … :-) But it is true.

nieda113
    Participant

Hi there isonly z buffer available for SSE. G3D is probably available with the next voprx release though..

BLAs68
    Participant

@nieda113

You gotta look at the manual on how to use VorpX or at the help forums. G3D is available for SSE and there is an in-game menu you access to enable.

G3D can basically halve the FPS you would get by Z-Adaptive, but imo it is essential to have it on. Everything changes once it’s on.

nieda113
    Participant

found it , somehow the prelim file wasnt in the vorpx configurator.
    G3D is worth it.
    But i switched to mod organizer now skyrim se wont hook anymore. What to do??

THX

Shirley
    Participant

Is it possible to use a Profiles.vpd file from one computer to another? Since I can’t seem to get Vorpconfig to run and no one at Vorpx is willing to assist me maybe I can just copy someone elses profiles database with the SkyrimSE profile already installed.
    I’ve tried everything I can find info on here to get Vorpconfig to run and I’m having no luck. It seems to run VorpX itself fine and I can make changes from within game but there is currently no G3D support for SkyrimSE without a Prelim profile. Or maybe someone has other ideas for manually inserting the profile into the database? I’m getting 0 help from anyone at vorpx on these forums or via email.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need the config app to import profiles into the database, there is no way to do that manually.

I don’t really have anything else than general suggestions in regard to your issue with the config app, sorry. Double and triple check for issues with your DotNet config, virus scanner or other security software. Also try reinstalling vorpX if you didn’t do that already and try the Microsoft Dot Net Repair Tool.

If this is mainly about being able to play Skyrim I can safely recommend to use the original Skyrim version if you can’t import the profile. It actually runs a bit better than Skyrim SE with vorpX on most systems and the profile is already available in the database per default.

criscap
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanations! I will try your tips.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!