Starfield Alpha v0.2 rev.b

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles Starfield Alpha v0.2 rev.b

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Ralph
    Participant

The native Z3D mode in Vorpx is working well in this second profile; you don’t need any other external 3D driver !

Please install the Vorpx Beta and the vorpx (DX10,11,12) hook helper if you will be asked for. (Rename any other existing dxgi.dll to d3d12.dll in the Game Folder of Starfield, before you install the vorpx hook helper)

You will have a corrected User Interface and HUD, and all other improvements of the first profile after editing these settings of Starfield:

1. Deactivate in the graphic settings of Starfield: Dynamic Resolution, Motion Blur, Depth of Field and Film Grain

2. Resolution:

To set a square resolution with an aspect ratio of 1:1 in the GUI of the Vorpx Beta using the vorpx-config-tool in the tray, follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the Vorpx-config-tool icon in the tray and open configure
    2. Navigate to the ‘Virtual Monitor’ in the Vorpx Beta GUI.
    3. Create a custom resolution, such as 2404×2400 or 2164×2160.
    4. Minimize it to the tray again.
    5. Right-click on the Vorpx-config-tool icon in the tray.
    6. In the menu that appears, select the option to enable the virtual monitor manually.

Now, open the Windows System settings and go to the display and resolution settings:

You will see a list of two or more monitors. Look for the Vorpx virtual monitor; it should offer the square resolution you created, such as 2404×2400, select the Vorpx virtual monitor and change the resolution to the square setting.

In the Starfield in-game graphics settings, ensure the resolution is set ‘undefined’ (720p or any other value). Use a window with a white border and buttons for all other aspects. Vorpx will correctly display the output without the window border after connecting the game to your headset display. However, you may need to switch between displays in the Starfield in-game graphic settings to select the Vorpx virtual monitor.”

Change or Add to the StarfieldPrefs.ini, locate the the config file at

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Starfield

Make sure to use a windowed mode in Starfield, not fullscreen or borderless,
    in the StarfieldPrefs.ini file, modify or add the following settings:

[Display]
    bBorderless=0
    bFullScreen=0
    iSizeH=2160
    iSizeW=2164

After making changes, ensure the file remains write-protected; this is necessary for proper functioning (!)

3. Field of View (FoV), HUD, and Interface

Create a file named StarfieldCustom.ini in the same directory

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Starfield

In the StarfieldCustom.ini file, add the following settings:

[Display]
    fWideAspectLimit=1.0

[Interface]
    fSafeZoneXWide=440

[Camera]
    fFPWorldFOV=130
    fTPWorldFOV=90

After making changes, keep the StarfieldCustom.ini file write-protected to ensure it functions correctly (!)

4. Optional: Install the DLSS mod (Asi Loader)

To enhance graphics using DLSS, you need to download the DLSS 2.5.1 version for Nvidia RTX cards. Ensure that you do not install DLSS 3.5, Framegeneration, or the Reshade version of the mod.

You can find the mod and detailed installation instructions on the Nexus Mods website at the provided link:

Starfield FSR2 Bridge – Replacing FSR2 with DLSS or XeSS (without Reshade !)

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/196

Recommended Resolutions: When using DLSS2 or FSR2, it’s recommended to use resolutions ranging from 1620×1620 up to 2880×2880 for the best experience.

Bugs: If you encounter issues with headtracking, you can try switching between different playstyles like Cinema, Immersive, or FullVR. Additionally, activating or deactivating Edgepeak might help restore working headtracking.

romandesign
    Participant

I installed v0.2 but then made a lot of adjustments inside the VorpX interface. Should I get rev.b? Will it overwrite my settings? Or can you say what the adjustment was in rev.b so I can add it manually?

FYI what I changed was added gestures (aiming etc.), adjusted eye distance (or whatever it’s called) – it was 0.3 but I increased it to 0.66, I think it’s meant to match IPD in HMD. When I did that the 3D effect on hands and weapons became much better – not so blocky and misaligned. Anyway, I don’t want to lose those settings. Is there a way to merge profiles?

Ralph
    Participant

Rev.b is is written in better English and better explaining the things, if you have a working system please do not update.

The powerful change that allows me to make it shorter
    are the lines:

[Display]
    fWideAspectLimit=1.0

[Interface]
    fSafeZoneXWide=440

Because of them the Hex Editor is no longer needed.

And of course your advice to remove the brackets from the FOV settings, Thx again !

This weekend i will test a new base profile from the game grounded as delrifter22 mentioned, and i will make more studies in other forum to learn about improvements which i can integrate in the next release.

This will maybe a reason for an upgrade, but for now i would not recommend you to update.

Hoongming
    Participant

Hi Dave,

I have applied your settings and find that the Starfield interface is very pixelated. Is this expected or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

regards,

Johnny

Ralph
    Participant

Yes, you are right. That’s on my to do list, i have to figure out to change the font of the UI. In Skyrim and Fallout was it possible to change that.

If you find it on google, and fix it for your own please share it with us here !

romeyromel
    Participant

Hey Dave :)

I can’t find the Starfield Alpha v0.2 rev.b i only see the one created by auryza..
    i searched in the Cloud Profiles of both the VorpX beta and the recent version of VorpX

Ralph
    Participant

type Starfield Alpha, then it should be shown

matteo39
    Participant

yes, i can’t see your version

matteo39
    Participant

ok, you must install vorpx beta, tu see alpha v.02b

but with alpha b.02b, i have no 3d effect ingame, with z-normal

with the other profile by auryza, i have 3d effect…

Ralph
    Participant

i checked it a minute ago, everything working here. please load different savegames to compare your 3D effect.

matteo39
    Participant

yea, now i have no 3d effect also with others profile, maybe something i changed in .ini files….

any idea?

spinfusor
    Participant

Doesn’t work. I get this weird ghosting effect that’s trying to be 3D/VR. Ugh, come on Bethesda, give us a TRUE VR version…

Hoongming
    Participant

Hi Dave.

I found a way to deal with the pixelated interface, by increasing the scale of the HUD but the downside is that those interface elements that appear at the corners are no longer visible, but its at least somewhat playable.

regards,

Johnny

romandesign
    Participant

I find that actually decreasing HUD size to 50% makes it much clearer, and quite a usable size for full VR for me. It makes sense: 2x resizing is always clearer than fractions. And of course 100% HUD would also work, but it’s too large.

Also, the default eye distance (or whatever it’s called) was 0.3 in the profile. It doesn’t look bad at first glance, but your hands and weapon look horrible – the 3D is blocky with a lot of ghosting. Adjusting it to 0.66 (I suppose it should match my IPD of 66mm) greatly improved the 3D effect on my hands and weapons.

spinfusor
    Participant

When I switch the mode to Geometry 3D I can’t adjust the 3D effect value. It stays at 0. Is this normal for VorpX?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!