Starfield Alpha v0.2 rev.b

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings User Profiles Starfield Alpha v0.2 rev.b

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Ralph
    Participant

G3D is not supported in this game, its a bug that it is shown in the menu

smartin
    Participant

Hi Dave,
    Great Work. Thank you for the detailed instructions. The only problem i have is my controller – its acting strange. happens in most vorpx-games i try to play. is there a solution for this? do i need to turn of steam controller emulation?
    thanks again for your great work.

smartin
    Participant

nevermind. i think it has to do with the game switching between keyboard controls for headtracking and controller for movement.
    i hope an official profile will fix that. its great in vr.

Ralph
    Participant

hey smartin,

thx ! You can deactivate the auto detecting of mouse and gamepad switching in the Starfield settings, as far as I know.

In the vorpx stable branch you could even select between your motion controllers (Meta, Steam, Pimax etc.) or a mouse + keyboard or gamepad steering, so far as I know. But i didn’t install the stable vorpx for a longer time, i install the vorpx beta, only.

But in general, you can select for example a complete xbox controller override or a partial xbox controller override in the vorpx menu. You can even deactivate the vorpx buttons on the gamepad.

Just play around around with all these settings, you will find a a solution you like.

For other games which forces a mouse steering in vorpx, but you want to play with xbox controller only, the only way 100% solution is to plug off the mouse while in game.

greets

speeduk3859
    Participant

Is this mod supposed to move the game around when you move your head? As for me it does not like in other VR titles. I have to use the controller. Thanks

Ralph
    Participant

In my opinion it is time to wait for Ralfs official vorpx profile.

I guess that you will have full headtracking, running in one direction and looking in a other direction. But you have to calibrate this tracking several times in a session of a few hours. That is called Direct VR Scan, and takes 20-30 seconds. But this technology is important because it works with every upcoming update from Bethesda. Other mods are broken after nearly every patch of the game, with Direct VR you are safe.

I guess the FoV will be automatic to your type of Headset, and you can select between several resolutions which are graduated for different Hardware Specs, and you will have no letterboxes or pillarboxes even in borderless window or exclusive fullscreen.

But i guess the resolution will have aspect ratios of 4:3, 16:10, 16:19, 32:9 and not my favorite 1:1. I love 1:1 in FPS because you have the maximal pixel density by the best performance !

I will make a Thread for customizing the official profile with mods and config settings.

I’m guessing 1-3 days we have to wait for the release !

But sometimes there is an crazy update by Microsoft, Nvidia or AMD and Ralf has to go in emergency mode and everything has to be postponed, because the global function of vorpx is endangered ! He call that, new vorpx features to implement that nobody ask for.

matteo39
    Participant

i have flickering, with z-normal: 3d effect is good, but when i turn around, i have flickering, maybe is quest-link…

Ralph
    Participant

Do you use dlss3 ? Have you deactivated the dynamic resolution ?

Ralph
    Participant

@ matteo39

The v1 has a big bug:

Create a StarfieldCustom.ini
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Starfield
    keep it writeprotected after changes

[Camera]
    fFPWorldFOV=(150)
    fTPWorldFOV=(90)

The brackets or wrong, is has to be:

[Camera]
    fFPWorldFOV=130
    fTPWorldFOV=90

sorry,sorry ! please use the v2. rev. b

Do not use dlss3 or dynamic resolution with vorpx !

ParadiseDecay
    Participant

Are the controller buttons not mapped? For example the ‘enter’ button… I could not exit the ship or select anything in the world to interact with?

Ralph
    Participant

Ralph
    Participant

@ParadiseDecay

romandesign has forked my profile and added many motion controller settings, my own profile is for xbox controller in general.

Ralph
    Participant

themerote
    Participant

The only way I can play with this setup in Dave’s & PD’s videos is turn head tracking off and switch to cinema mode, yes there is a square box obstructing the FOV but its super smooth in comparison and a bit like having vignette comfort mode but not as horrible coz there is still quite a lot you can see. where as Full VR its locked to your neck so feels very unnatural looking around like your head is a camera attached to a crane or something unless you like that feeling. Regarding a full VR mod one particular modder has a lot of work in his hands after a big update nuking one of his popular VR mods. I’m praying Ralph will do his magic like Skyrim years before Skyrim VR. Saying that Creation engine is pretty open, I managed to get Enderal working in full VR with hand tracking, maybe someone will be able to do something will FO4, I know its a completely different game but a lot of mods are cross compatible. .

Ralph
    Participant

Yes, you are right ! Headtracking is just a gambling depending of your hardware setup, in some setups it works flawless like in voodoovr case and in other hardware setups with other Headsets and other GPU an OS it does not work in any way.

Stay tuned, Ralf will release a profile which is solving all problems that my profile has.

I guess that you will have full headtracking, running in one direction and looking in a other direction. But you have to calibrate this tracking several times in a session of a few hours. That is called Direct VR Scan, and takes 20-30 seconds. But this technology is important because it works with every upcoming update from Bethesda. Other mods are broken after nearly every patch of the game, with Direct VR you are safe.

I guess the FoV will be automatic to your type of Headset, and you can select between several resolutions which are graduated for different Hardware Specs, and you will have no letterboxes or pillarboxes even in borderless window or exclusive fullscreen.

But i guess the resolution will have aspect ratios of 4:3, 16:10, 16:19, 32:9 and not my favorite 1:1. I love 1:1 in FPS because you have the maximal pixel density by the best performance !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!