Stuck at infinite loading in my oculus interface

Homepage Forums Technical Support Stuck at infinite loading in my oculus interface

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Picdelag
    Participant

Also : If you can send me the link for the actual beta build mentionned i will be happy to try it, to see if it can change something…
    I’ve send a request in at the Contact/Support.

Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

The beta is finished, sorry. The next vorpX release will be available shortly. Don’t expect wonders from it though. Per default everytging will be as before, but with a new optional fast sync implementation you can typically gain a few percent.

Like said above, the main “issue” (which isn’t really one) here is that the Oculus runtime may decide at will to throttle down to half the headset’s refresh rate although there is still headroom left for vorpX to handle things with it’s own space warp implementaion. Nothing vorpX can do about that, but also not really something to be concerned about.

Picdelag
    Participant

Argh!
    The 20% gain mentionned for Monster Hunter for exemples is no more a thing?

Mhhhh… Maybe i lack some english skill but i don’t see what “runtime” means

And/or maybe also i’ve not been undersood.

I have disabled COMPLETELY the oculus spacewarp thing. (It’s possible if i’m not mistaking with “Oculus TrayTool”). But maybe i made an other mistake and i confound 2 things totally differents?
    I can clearly see how the framerate and the refresh rate is reacting with the FPS counter in Vorpx and i see clear differences
    Disabled completely for this test althought, somes games i run with it, even forced/locked at half refresh rates, somes others completely unlocked.
    I also have MSI afterburner (work well with Vorpx in SteamVr on my side) and can also see how this impact the GPU utilisation.

So i’m still wondering if a 20-30fps lost is normal beetween “generic mode” and SteamVR injections (cause my oculus injection didn’t work at all actually and can’t try it) or if my rift s is playing me some tricks again?

Please, i know you have a lots of work to do in Vorpx, and a lot to people to answer, but i’m really tired to find solutions if i’m not even encountering an
    actual issue (i tried a loooooots of hours since the begginning of this topic).
    So please, tell me like the noob i am (and not even english) in a simple way if i’m fighting something that don’t even exist, or if i really have some specific troubles with my setup to see so huges differences between these 2 Vorpx injections methods.
    And of course, if it’s an actual issue, i assume this is really specific from my setup.

Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

How huge the actual gain will be depends on your settings, your GPU etc. The typical gain with the fast sync method would be about 10%. Under some circumstances it might be larger, in other cases it might also not change anything at all.

I think I answered your other question twice already above, in the backgound the Oculus runtime also does its thing when you select SteamVR in vorpX, SteamVR internally also uses the Oculus runtime.

Picdelag
    Participant

Also, i’m surprised that i CAN’T maintain an enough framerate in monster hunter to be smooth, it drops hard below 40 in G3D mode, and this is the default mode with what the game launch first time…
    My oculus spacewarp can’t even help in this situation for exemples, it stutter too much. Even trying to lower hard the graphics options don’t help in 1080p.
    I play in 40fps locked in Z3D actually. Fine but…not G3D ahah.

And i will be surprised if the default setting of Vorpx is meant for a 2080ti…
    (have a 2070 super)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I understand that you would prefer to get a different answer than the one I gave you twice above, unfortunately I don’t have another one.

Monster Hunter World is an extremely demanding game. If you want to improve your framerate, you can try to dial down settings or alternatively switch to Z3D.

Picdelag
    Participant

Okay but scuse me, i’m not at your level of knowledge in this thing, and i’m still confused.

-The “Spacewarp” thing in oculus tray tool is not the same thing as the “Oculus runtime may decide at will to throttle down to half the headset’s refresh rate”?

-When you said that Vorpx injection cause only a little overhead, you really talked about 20-30FPS? cause it’s what differences i saw in my case between ‘generic mode’ and ‘steamVR’

Ralf
    Keymaster

Again: I can’t give you any other answer to your question than I gave you twice above already. I’d like to give you different one just as much as you would like to get a different one. Thanks for your understanding.

Picdelag
    Participant

Sorry, i don’t want to create more people asking to you questions x)
    And they shouldn’t in normal case when everything work for them.
    But my problem is a little specific since my first issue, and if it’s a specific problem i encounter or my imagination, i’d like to know…
    Thanks oculus software…

Picdelag
    Participant

everytime i post i see a new massage so it’s really a “differed conversation” excuse me.

Yes, but scuse me i’m not english, and not in this kind of level in knowledge of computer.

You’ve talked about a “little overhead” for sending the image to the Vr headset.
    So it confuse me if 20-30fps is considered as little.

Just this, can injection in headset can take so much?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Quote from above:

Like said above, the main “issue” (which isn’t really one) here is that the Oculus runtime may decide at will to throttle down to half the headset’s refresh rate although there is still headroom left for vorpX to handle things with it’s own space warp implementaion. Nothing vorpX can do about that, but also not really something to be concerned about.

Picdelag
    Participant

Thanks for your time, but really i have the feeling you’r not even reading what i’m saying… maybe i’m wrong i don’t know.

-I tell that i don’t know what is “runtime”

-I asked if it can be the same thing as “Asynchronous Spacewar” (cause i can COMPLETELY disable it), if not, i really mistaking something.

-Is 20-30fps really supposed to be that kind of “little overhead” ?

Not nescessary to explain me what is runtime, but please… Just answer the 2 others questions.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If I new a better way to explain this to you, I would, trust me.

The Oculus runtime is the “driver” for the headset. It takes an image from a game, applies lens distortion, Oculus’s versin of timewarp, etc. During this process it may decide to throttle down the headset framerate if it thinks that makes sense.

Picdelag
    Participant

Thanks!

And i tought that disabling spacewarp will get me out of this.

-So, for the 20-30 fps lost, is this a normal number?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I perfectly understand that you would prefer to get a different answer, unfortunately I only have the one I gave you several times above already:

In a nutshell:

1. There is nothing vorpX can do when the Oculus runtime decides to throttle down to half the headset refresh rate although theoretically there is still enough headroom left for vorpX to handle things with its own timewarp. That’s not really something to be concerned about though.

2. If you want to improve performance in demanding games, your best options are dialing down settings/resolution and/or switching to Z3D.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!