Stuck at infinite loading in my oculus interface

Homepage Forums Technical Support Stuck at infinite loading in my oculus interface

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Picdelag
    Participant

Yes thanks i finally understood these 2 points.

My last question was if 20-30fps lost is a normal “little overhead”.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No it is not normal in general, but under some circumstances you may see a larger drop than expected, which is what I tried to explain in my first reply to your question and several times afterwards.

I cannot explain that in any other way than I did above. You have to take my word for it if my attempts at explaining were not good enough. Sorry.

Picdelag
    Participant

Okay thanks for your time!

I will try mores games to see if i lost as much in all games, or if the 2 i have tried was unlucky.

Because since my first problem with this rift s, i’m not sure it react/work well.
    So common people for who their rift has ever worked as intended may not need to even think about it but… In my case i’m affraid a specific problem is still possible…

And yeah, 20fps… it hurts!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Don’t waste too much time on a wild goose chase. The “issue” isn’t really one since either vorpX (or the Oculus runtime whenever it decides to throttle on its own) interpolates frames, so in the headset you actually always get 90fps.

Monster Hunter World is a tough cookie performance wise. Better spend your time finding game settings that work acceptable for you.

BTW: This was one of the games where I got pretty huge benefits out the upcoming fast sync option in my testing. Your mileage may vary, so I won’t promise anything for your particular setup, but if you are lucky you will experience the same when you enable it in the next vorpX version.

Picdelag
    Participant

Thanks Ralf!

Yeah, i will try to not hunt a ghost too much x).

And i think, even more than monster hunter was one of the game more concerned than other from gain with the next update, that it will help me :)

About that, have you a date/window of release?

Picdelag
    Participant

And i will let you know the results and will post it here if you are interested.

Ralf
    Keymaster

About that, have you a date/window of release?

Yes, but I won’t tell since I already didn’t meet it twice. :) Won’t be long anymore though.

Picdelag
    Participant

I see :p

Ok thanks again!
    Come back when out for the results.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!