Stuck on "Next up" splash screen with SteamVR 1.8.19

Homepage Forums Technical Support Stuck on "Next up" splash screen with SteamVR 1.8.19

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    apollon01
    Participant

Hi all,

anyone also having this issue?

I am on a stable SteamVR releases, so untill today on 1.7.15 (I think). All was OK.

However, today evening the SteamVR updated to the current stable release 1.8.19 and now when running vorpX I am stuck on “Next up” splash screen. On the screen the game launches with the vorpX watermark and head tracking but the HMD shows just the “Next up” splash screen.

Reinstallation of vorpX did not help and switching to SteamVR beta neither (the latest beta equals the current stable). I also tried to disable AV but to no avail.

I have a HP Reverb (WMR). Native VR programs run normally.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Milan

apollon01
    Participant

Next:
    – Reinstalled SteamVR
    – Got rid of Revive and associated Oculus sw

–> still the same problem. I am running out of ideas. All other VR related stuff works just fine.

lokiss88
    Participant

Same problem on the Index, I presume it’s down to the update. Game runs fine, head tracking all working, just a blank screen in the hmd though.

I presume it’s a fixable thing. One of my guys on steam is still playing vorpx games on his oculus.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have yet to check a WMR headset, but no problem here on Index with the latest stable SteamVR version. DX9, DX11 and the upcoming DX12 support work like before the update.

Please make sure that you use the default SteamVR settings, just in case some edge case with unusual SteamVR settings doesn’t work like before the SteamVR update.

lokiss88
    Participant

Still not having it.

No display, but now I’ve noticed that the exe file isn’t being titled in the steam VR box, yet it’s running as it’s listed in the application settings where you change the resolution rate.

It’s hooking up on the game, but not in VR it seems.

lokiss88
    Participant

Just rebooted the hmd as a last resort, it’s working now….. Odd!

dellrifter22
    Participant

I am now struggling with this as well. I was able to load into ACOdy once on my first attempt with new steam update, but cannot get past “Next Up” with any game I try atm.

I’m also now on HP Reverb (been 2 weeks now), and just tonight finally updated Windows 10 from 1803 to 1903. Unfortunately steam updated right after so I couldn’t test against my former setup.

I’ll try a few more things, but for now stuck like the others.

On the plus side, the 2 hour windows update managed to fix my RDR2, so that is working and ready to go. Now just gotta solve this “Next Up” nonsense.

dellrifter22
    Participant

After a second system reboot I have been able to successfully load 4 games past “Next Up” to hmd. Hopefully this is all that was needed.

apollon01
    Participant

For me, it was not just a restart of the PC (I have done that a couple of times) but a switch off / switch on – twice (yesterday evening and once more today).

Weird, but it works :-)

dborosev
    Participant

Seems like I am having the same issue, but after rebooting, shutting down, etc many times over the last 2 hours, still does not send to the HMD for me.

dborosev
    Participant

Well I think I figured out why all this rebooting has been helping. I forced windows to search for updates, and it did a .NET update. That seems to have fixed it for me.

apollon01
    Participant

And again :-(

Win up to date, vorpX up to date, GPU driver up to date, SteamVR up to date…

Reboots / restarts not helping.

dborosev
    Participant

I think I’ve narrowed it down to something. It seems like the directx that gets installed with the game might be causing this lack of HMD display in VorpX.
    When it wasn’t working before for me, a windows directx update is what fixed it. Now, just after installing RDR2 and its directx, all my vorpx games no longer show in the HMD. Which is what happened the first time I installed the game too.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I still struggle with this, but so far a complete system reboot is solving this for me.

If my headset has gone to sleep or Mixed reality has shutdown I will get stuck in the “Next UP” loop. Sometimes it can occur after closing a successful gaming session. Basically this means I should expect to to a system reboot before each time I want to play. So far this is allowing me to run my HP reverb with steamVR and vorpX.

I always start steamVR manually by the way, before I use vorpX. If you let vorpX open it automatically, you may not even see the “Next Up” splash, but rather just a blank screen instead.

Hopefully it’s a steam issue that gets sorted soon. For now, keep a finger always over that reboot button.

dborosev
    Participant

Good to know thanks, we should all keep sharing info and we can get to the bottom of all this with Ralfs help of course.
    I start “WMR for SteamVR”, and that opens the little black steamVR window too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!