Stuck on "Next up" splash screen with SteamVR 1.8.19

Homepage Forums Technical Support Stuck on "Next up" splash screen with SteamVR 1.8.19

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    apollon01
    Participant

Done. Thanks Ralf

Ralf
    Keymaster

The update with a workaround for the SteamVR issue is now available. You should get it when you launch vorpX next time.

Let me know how it goes. I didn’t encounter a single hiccup anymore in about 50 games launches, so I think that was it. Fingers crossed that it’s also fixed for you guys.

apollon01
    Participant

Great support Ralf!

I will test it only tomorrow and will report back.

haluzzak
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! Also works with piplay 1.1.92. Nice work.

apollon01
    Participant

All is OK, Ralf.
    Thank you.

If only all developers were as responsive as you :-)

In your opinion, is there a problem on SteamVR side? If yes, I will keep my bug report as is. If not, I will flag it as solved by vorpX.

Milan

Ralf
    Keymaster

Definitely yes.

The bug is the one I described earlier with the SteamVR headset activity function returnig 0 (inactive) while in fact the headset is in use.

Whether it’s SteamVR itself or the WMR runtime reporting the wrong value through SteamVR now I can’t tell, that’s up for the SteamVR devs to determine. But it definitely wasn’t an issue with vorpX, that much I can tell.

apollon01
    Participant

OK!

@lokiss88

@dellrifter22

@dborosev

@haluzzak

@Eola667

Could you please make your comments on the SteamVR forum

https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/3/1637549649106668509/

so as to bring this issue to the attention of SteamVR developers?

It takes just a minute, which I think is worth the hassle.
    Thanks!

Milan

Ralf
    Keymaster

As far as vorpX is concerned the issue is “solved” by simply not using the faulty SteamVR function anymore. Using it wasn’t really vital for vorpX. All that was lost is the ability to pause rendering to the headset if for example you take off the headset while playing to go grab a beer or something. Should rarely happen anyway, so no big deal. I can live with that perfectly fine.

The issue will affect any app using the function to determine whether the headset is active or not though, so fixing the root cause in SteamVR (or the WMR runtime if that’s the culprit) still makes sense.

Eola667
    Participant

Everything is working perfectly now, thanks Ralf!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!