the last of us

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion the last of us

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant

maybe some custom profile can be used for tlou pc?

Ralph
    Participant

in this case, it is Ralfs turn

Ralph
    Participant

It’s unplayable, we have to wait for some patches. In 2 or 3 weeks it will be fixed by the studio, but perhaps with a small graphic downgrade of some textures.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Always dangerous to say something not in line with the general internet consensus, but as usual I‘m too stupid to always say what everyone wants to hear. ;) So:

The game has its problems, but the bad Steam review median is a gross exaggeration, one of those annoying internet frenzies that happen way too often in our little gaming universe.

I usually keep the GPU on my main rig somewhere between high mid range and low high end to ensure I’m working with something not totally out of this world compared to the rigs most of you have at home. Currently that means an RTX 3080. Annoying occasional crashes and overlong shader compilation aside, the game is perfectly playable on high settings with such a between-mid-range-and-high-end machine.

As far as a profile is concerned: I‘ll look into that tomorrow. As always no promises though. I don‘t even know yet whether the game uses DX12 or Vulkan.

Ralph
    Participant

It’s a DX12 game ! I am Looking forward to a vorpx profile, great news ! Uncharted 4 has the same engine and DX12, can i hope for a profile, too ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I actually bought it on release, but never even downloaded it so far. My next weeks however will largely consist of checking games (plus adding gestures to existing profiles). So Uncharted will definitely be looked into. The usual ‚can‘t promise anything‘ caveat applies.

Ralph
    Participant

I played it flat on a TV on a PS4 in 2016, and it is a awesome game ! But i want to play it in 4K and 3D on my HP Reverb 2 again.

It is a very good decision to check games in the next few weeks, because there will be some interesting Releases: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Dead Island 2, Redfall, Suicide Squad, System Shock Remake, Diablo 4 !

I wish you a lot of fun !

FrankHorigan
    Participant

I also humbly raise my hand for Uncharted

Oliiiiive
    Participant

Me too +1

Ralph
    Participant

The Steam Launch option -dx11 will make G3D possible for High End GPUs in Uncharted 4.

Ghost75757
    Participant

UNCHARTED Legacy YES PLEASE 1000% – thank you RALF !

Ralph
    Participant

With the new vorpx beta and the virtual monitor i can play Uncharted 3 on the PS3 Emulator (RPCS3) in 5120×2880 in 3D and the resulting bombastic graphic.
    The Vorpx Desktop Viewer in combination with reshade are killer apps.

If anybody want to play it too and need help with the config of the Emulator and vorpx, i will assist you.

adzter
    Participant

Hey Dave…
    I’d love to try Wipeout in 3D.
    If you could do a little setup guide for RPCS3 that’d be awesome.
    Thanks.

Ralph
    Participant

Sorry, i do not own Wipeout.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Brief heads-up that a The Last of Us profile will come with the next beta build. Required a few code additions to make it happen, just a profile for the last regular vorpX won’t do.

Watch the beta thread. Not sure when exactly yet, but a new build should be ready by the end of next week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!