First Aid: Using vorpX 0.64 with the DK2

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion First Aid: Using vorpX 0.64 with the DK2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    EvanB
    Participant

So I just recently bought VorpX, and it works pretty well, but the lack of head tracking with the DK2 is an absolute deal breaker. It’s just horrible without being able to use my head to look. It just doesn’t feel right.

That being said I know you must be working on a fix, but for 40 dollars, I think it’s safe to say that an update sooner than later is in order. What kind of time frame is projected before head tracking support is added?

Ralif hasn’t even had a DK2 for a week, you can wait. So few people have a DK2 yet, so it’s updated within the next two weeks, it’ll still be decent timing.

outofphaseicarus
    Participant

Look brosef, it wasn’t a complaint. I’m just saying for the steep price of a driver, I think it isn’t too much to ask to be able to provide timely support. I also didn’t say that it was behind or that I demanded it today. I was just asking about a timeline, so cool your britches.

Why are nerd forums always so full of people who attack? I asked a valid question, so how about you let the guy speak for himself. I don’t remember asking you anything at all.

bcozier
    Participant

After reading an article about the latest vorpx working with DK2 head tracking and skyrim and praising how great the 3d effects were in bioshock infinite I immediately came here and bought it. Nothing in the article about it being a special build they were using, the said the latest version. So I was disappointed to learn that what was reviewed wasn’t available for me to try. It seems somewhat misleading the article should have said they got a special test preview that isn’t yet available, because I too was a bit peeved when the latest vorpx available 0.64 wasn’t even compiled against SDK 0.40. That being said I am not going to ask for any refund and will support Ralph. I guess he’s a one man team and must be getting little sleep trying to fix things he’s not satisfied with releasing in current state. All of this stuff is pretty groundbreaking, I waited since may for my DK2. We are early adopters and I plan to learn how to develop for it as well, but right now I am more interested in using the tech and as an early adopter we just got to sit tight and hope when the new vorpx is released we will think it was worth the wait.

bcozier
    Participant

So I just recently bought VorpX, and it works pretty well, but the lack of head tracking with the DK2 is an absolute deal breaker. It’s just horrible without being able to use my head to look. It just doesn’t feel right.

That being said I know you must be working on a fix, but for 40 dollars, I think it’s safe to say that an update sooner than later is in order. What kind of time frame is projected before head tracking support is added?

Have you tried out the new dolphin vr build with Resident Evil 4? It is amazing, also FZero GX, soul calibur 2 and smash bros. There’s plenty else to be amazed at while we wait (I really got vorpx for bioshock infinite).

https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11241

Send me an email bernardcozier@yahoo.com if you need any help.

Ralf
    Keymaster

, I think it isn’t too much to ask to be able to provide timely support. I also didn’t say that it was behind or that I demanded it toda

It’s not always that easy unfortunately, especially not such a short time after the DK2 release. What I can say today is that we will be as fast as possible. Some things are still a little rough around the edges though, so it will take some more time. Thanks for your patience.

@ becozier: I removed the double post, just in case you are wondering.

outofphaseicarus
    Participant

Hey, thanks Ralf, no worries. Honestly you are doing the Lord’s work here and I was just curious, hope it didn’t come across as too critical. Just chomping at the bit like everyone else.

Namaste, homie.

osyres
    Participant

Will it make a diffrent for the dk 2 support when a game don t have dx11 like factor 2 ? Or will vorpx support every game from dx9-dx11 ?

Would be nice to get some infos.

PatriotofLife
    Participant

This forum makes me sad. I feel so bad for Ralf.

osyres
    Participant

This forum makes me sad. I feel so bad for Ralf.

No explain me plz what is rong with my question ? I just ask if there is a diffrent between dx9-dx11 in the supportet Gamelist of vorpx like rfactor 2 because i only bought dk 2 for this game. So its natrual that i seeking for infos to maybe understand what the timetable would be. And i thought a forum is there to ask question… But ur comment is useless

PatriotofLife
    Participant

Haha, Thanks for the laughs. That last one really takes the cake.

PatriotofLife
    Participant

Its the DK2, it runs on different software. Im sure he is trying to get the positional tracker working for most games. He (I think it was him) already got it working for Skyrim but im sure he is just testing it and fixing bugs at this point. :P

peteski123
    Participant

If people can’t be helpful, be quite

elyetis
    Participant

Hey, thanks Ralf, no worries. Honestly you are doing the Lord’s work here and I was just curious, hope it didn’t come across as too critical. Just chomping at the bit like everyone else.

Namaste, homie.

Is there a specific reason you don’t go for two different branch/allowing beta download of build like the one RoadtoVR got acces to ?
    Afraid it would bring more bad PR from the bugs etc than good ?

ten-th
    Participant

What an impatience – the DK2 is still in the process of being delivered to their customers, it’s less then a month ago, since the first users got their Dev-Kit 2. And it’s still in heavy developement. This needs a little bit of time to get it done right.

Trying to get some stuff working on the DK2 with VorpX-DK1 is pretty senseless due to all the hard- and software changes – mainly if you don’t have headtracking working, 80% of the VR immersion feeling goes down the drain.

That’s at least my findings trying the DK2 with many different programs since a week. If VorpX coming version will help to support some of those games listed (which where NEVER meant to be played with a VR head-set in the first place), then it’s a great achievement and worth it’s price and work on it.

The resolution of the DK2 is the way to go, but still far from what’s needed to have a relaxed and visual appealing playtime. On a 2D monitor in hires those games look marvelous, looking close and far – in the DK2 looking far i can’t make out too much details, i’m more concentrated on looking at the large screen pixels. If VorpX will have an ongoing developement until CV1 will be ready to release, with a hopefully much better display, it will definitely be worth, helping everybody to experience NONE-VR games as a incredible VR adventure.

moarveer
    Participant

What I really hope is that Vorpx allows us to tweak profiles a bit more. It’s by far the best injector for Oculus, but both Tridef and Vireio allow users to create profiles for almost any game and try to make them work. I hope we get a generic profile like Tridef, and we get to tweak stuff on our own.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!