First Aid: Using vorpX 0.64 with the DK2

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion First Aid: Using vorpX 0.64 with the DK2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    PatriotofLife
    Participant

“Be quite.”

Nice slam.

peteski123
    Participant

Ralf,
    Any chance of banning this person above, he just keep insulting people??

PatriotofLife
    Participant

Less so insulting, more so expressing my opinion freely.

PatriotofLife
    Participant

Its the DK2, it runs on different software. Im sure he is trying to get the positional tracker working for most games. He (I think it was him) already got it working for Skyrim but im sure he is just testing it and fixing bugs at this point. :P

My god, I’m a monster who needs to be stopped.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Patriot: I know you mean well, but maybe you could try to express your opinion a bit less direct here and there. There are many ways to express the same opinion, and the most direct one may not always be the best on a public forum.

@ All: The wait will soon be over.

gustavor38
    Blocked

After reading roadtovr article about compatibility with skyrim in DK2 i ran to buy your product.
    Now I find that really they are reviewing a not public version, right?. I think that this is not a good policy.
    When i try to use the product i find that no head movement is detected by vorpx, not the camera (i know i must wait for the update), the rift alone. When I turn the head the image turns with me, i can´t look around is as i have a monitor glued to my head.
    I tested it with fallout3, i tried stopping and starting the oculus service, the program opens ok in the dk2 forcing it with vorpx control. I tried using system config but the problem is the same.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Excuse my english, it isn´t my native language.

gustavor38
    Blocked

I continue because i can´t find the button to edit the last post.
    I tested slender and i see the dual image through the DK2. Like was the computer screen in DK1….

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check the first post in this thread. It contains all relevant info about the DK2 and the current version of vorpX.

The RoadToVR article is a preview. It mentions several times that it is about an upcoming version of vorpX, the first time in the very first paragraph.

That being said, you won’t have to wait much longer. Thanks again for your continued patience. Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2 much longer than you have yours.

PatriotofLife
    Participant

Rodger Dodger Ralf, Good luck with everything!

SvenH
    Participant

Hello,
    I wonder if you can help.
    I know VorPx is not ready for DK2 yet, but I bought it in the hope to see it running soon ;-)

I have just installed it and once I launched the config tool, I see a window starting but not Contents. Just a transparent window with the window Frame.

Hence I can not start the program even to test.
    Perhaps there is a hint on what I am doing wrong

Thanks
    Regards
    Sven

Ralf
    Keymaster

@Sven: That oesn’t sound good. possibly a corrupt Microsoft Dot Net installation.

@All: vorpX 0.7.1 with initial DK2 support is now available. Please note that DK2 support is in early stages. Not all games have been tested and there are most likely bugs.

This was released as fast as possible to give you something to play with, so don’t complain. ;)

If you already own vorpX, your vorpX should automatically update when you start vorpX Control. If it doesn’t, you can update manually by using your web installer.

Slider-Override
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, now i buy a copy :)

SvenH
    Participant

I have started Vorpx and it recognises the update.
    Starting the config gives me still a transparent window.
    I have reinstalled and repaired .Net but no difference.

I clicked in the transparent window and Looks like the config is running as by Chance the oculus config was started.

Any help is much appreciated or is there a config file which I can manually start to run the program

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    SVen

Ralf
    Keymaster

@Sven: Probably a corrupt Microsoft Dot Net installation. Reinstall/repair Dot Net Framework 3.5 . Also please reinstall vorpX after a reboot, just in case.

SvenH
    Participant

I have Framework 4.5.1. Can this be the Problem ?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!