vorpX 0.7.5 available now!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.7.5 available now!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    stereoviewer
    Participant

I’m a noob, but what does “entry added” mean?

stereoviewer
    Participant

On Bf3: I can’t move cursor when in VorpX settings mode (delete button). Also, when the Vorpx menu goes away, it can’t be brought back again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Game optimizer entry added just means that there is now an entry for a game in the Game Settings Optimizer database (vorpX config app), which you can use to apply essential fixes like an enhanced FOV etc. easily with a click of button.

Hit ESC in Battlefield 3 to pause the game, then you can navigate the vorpX menu with the mouse. Alternatively you can use the cursor keys and the Enter key to navigate the vorpX menu.

VorpXer
    Participant

Thanks for the update Ralf, I especially love the Payday 2 support.

molony_j
    Participant

peteostro .. Metro Last Light Redux looks good in Vorpx. Not as sweet as L4D2 but good.

peteostro
    Participant

peteostro .. Metro Last Light Redux looks good in Vorpx. Not as sweet as L4D2 but good.

Thanks going to check it out then. Does it support positional tracking? (I.e. Using the oculus camera to track in 3d space)?

molony_j
    Participant

Does not appear to support positional in MLL though head look is supported. IMHO VorpX is the best out there. I’ve tried Vireio and TriDef both on several games and Vorpx is best in almost all instances. If you have a DK2 it’s the way to go. That said the DK2 is not a “consumer” product yet so all of this is still in alpha/beta phase. Make sure to calibrate your IPD for best results. The very best game experience ATM is Elite Dangerous with native support .. which is amazing. But it’s the exception and not the rule. VorpX makes those titles not designed for the Oculus look GREAT! And Ralf does a great job keeping the community up to date. I’m happy with my Vorpx purchase.

VorpXer
    Participant

I just had a go of Arma 3 and I am very impressed with the Z-buffer 3d.

To change the field of view use notepad to open the file

Documents/Arma3/user.Arma3Profile

and set these two values
    fovTop=1.5599999;
    fovLeft=2.77;

The Z-buffer 3d seems very effective in Arma 3. But in other games e.g. Payday 2 the Z-buffer method doesn’t seem to do much, even when 3d separation is set to the maximum. Is there any way the 3d could be strengthened or is it just a limitation caused by the particular game?

Ralf
    Keymaster

How good Z3D works is indeed game dependant. vorpX does a lot to make Z3D look as good as possible, but games with wide open spaces generally work best. In the distance sometimes better then Geometry 3D. ArmA III is such a case (Skyrim another one).

You can adjust the FOV in ArmA III and many other games automatically with the Game Settings Optimizer in the vorpX config app BTW. No manual ini-editing needed in this case.

wass24
    Participant

Anyway to change the path of the user profile in vorpX? I am a VBS3 user, which uses the ArmA engine, and it doesn’t recognize the game.

DarrellM
    Participant

I can run Arma3 but with no mouse pointer support it’s impossible to navigate the ingame UI’s so it’s unusable. Tabbing does not support all in-game UI buttons especially when trying to join a multiplayer game when you need to join a slot. Please, please can we have fix for this? thank you!

njaynl
    Participant

Maybe there should be a toggle that switches back to native ingame mouse rather then vorpx mouse pointer?

DarrellM
    Participant

Well Arma3 should not be on the vorpX supported games page since impossible to navigate the ingame UI and that was the main reason I bought this software.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just in case you didn’t check the Qickstart Guide in the help so far: to navigate menus that are hidden vorpX has the EdgePeek feature, which allows you to look around the screen. By default it’s activated with the middle mouse button. You can also toggle the vorpX mouse cursor on/off in cases where the auto detection fails (default: ALT C).

DarrellM
    Participant

Yes I can use Edge Peak just fine. In Arma3 toggling the vorpX mouse with ALT-C does not enable the Arma3 mouse.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 0.7.5 available now!’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!