vorpX 0.7.5 available now!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.7.5 available now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 0.7.5 with a bunch of new supported games, new game optimizer entries and a huge amount of changes and bugfixes is available now.

If you already own vorpX, it should auto-update when you start vorpX Control next time. If it doesn’t for some reason, simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorpX. It will download the latest version available.

Happy Holidays to all of you!

For details and a complete changelog please click here.

peteostro
    Participant

Nice! Time to buy

molony_j
    Participant

Happy happy joy joy.

BTW .. Left 4 Dead 2 still has some minor glitches when there are objects for pickup in the room (not officially supported game yet I realize) but it has got to be one of the coolest things on Oculus with Vorpx I have seen yet (that short list includes Elite Dangerous). Friggin AWESOME! I set bilinear in L4D2 since trilinear and others make the interactive object flashing worse. Man when it is working it is SWEET! Perfect pace (lingering Zs and occasional mobs) and distances for Oculus too (5-15 virtual feet is great for 3D).

Thank you Ralf. Metro Last Light is looking nice! Happy Holidays indeed.

peteostro
    Participant

Have you tried Metro Last Light? Im thinking of picking it up,but want to make sure the experience is playable in VorpX

jzer0
    Participant

wooooooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!! Ralf and team Vorpx rocks!!!

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

I get

‘vorpx cannot be installed on this version of windows. windows vista is the required minimum version.’

this is when starting vorpx control and it begins the 11mb download, I get this after that download.

I am on windows 7 and the previous version was working fine.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Huh, that sounds odd. The installer does the exact same version check that it ever did. Just double checked the installer script, absolutely nothing has changed there.

Could you please do the following:

1. Open a command prompt (type cmd [Enter] in the searchbox of your start menu)
    2. In the command prompt type winver [Enter]
    3. Send a screenshot of the window that pops up now to support |at| vorpx com.

The version number should show 6.1 for Windows 7.

Bogmann
    Participant

Thank You Ralf! Wishing you and your Family a Merry Christmas!

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

I just downloaded the 4.4 runtime thinking it was that, it wasn’t that.

“if it doesn’t for some reason, simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorp”

that link expires within weeks of purchase, how would I use that?

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

sure here is it

View post on imgur.com

when I had 7.1 installed it was on an older computer, I had since then change my computer by changing the motherboard and ram at the same time, I had to re-activate windows with this new computer, maybe that is related.

7.1 still works when I setup vorpx control,but when I start vorpx it tries to DL new version then shows that message at the end.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send a mail to support to get a new web installer. You should keep a copy of it, it always installs the latest version.

Do you by any chance run vorpX in XP compatibility mode? That would make vorpX and the subsequently started updater believe it runs on XP.

OculusRiftRocks
    Participant

that did it rafl, I wonder why I had it set like that in the first place?

I can only imagine I did that for some game to work.

bluepill
    Participant

Thanks for the superr update!
    Far Cry 4 looks gorgeous in Z3D.

Bluepill aka Jasper

AntDX316
    Participant

anyone try planetside 2 or FSX yet?

I will tomorrow when I wake up

also need for speed shift 2 and race 07?

Wraithek
    Participant

New Vegas with positional tracking —> yay! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 0.7.5 available now!’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!