vorpX 0.8.1 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 0.8.1 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 0.8.1 has been released. This is mainly a maintenance release that fixes a few bugs and adds preliminary support for GTA V.

If you already own vorpX, it should auto-update when you start vorpX Control next time. If it doesn’t for some reason, simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorpX. It will download the latest version available.

For details and a complete changelog please click here.

Easty
    Participant

This update nuked my app. Soon as it updated I get “Vorpx does not seem to be properly installed.”

My purchase link no longer works to redownload.

What are my options?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com and this will be taken care of.

VorpXer
    Participant

My VorpX also didn’t work after attempting an auto-update. I uninstalled and reinstalled using the websetup file. VorpX runs, but now rFactor2 doesn’t start when VorpX is running.

VorpXer
    Participant

I found out rFactor 2 does work with VorpX if the antialiasing setting is 4 or 6, but not 8 as I was using previously.

Samoht
    Participant

Hello, just launched Vorpx to give it a try on GTA V. It auto-updated, but when it started, it says that it doesn’t recognize the headset (DK2). The headset obviously is working perfectly.

Karlor
    Participant

The headset obviously is working perfectly.

Update it and it will work even more obviously perfectly.

Samoht
    Participant

Update it and it will work even more obviously perfectly.

Update what? Everything is up to date. DK2 control panel, demo scene and whatever is working perfectly. Now it is playing a different card: the Vorpx configurator works without any error messages, but when I launch GTA, a message pops out saying “Rift init failed. vorpx will not work correctly. Please check the USB and HDMI connection of your Rift”. Wich is obviously… guess what? Yes, you’re right: working perfectly!

xnm
    Participant

Windows Defender seems to detect a trojan in vorpConfig.exe

I’m sure its just a false positive, but I think you should look into it…

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is a false positive.

Apparently a recent virus signature update for MSE/Windows Defender caused this. The latest from today (29.4.) shouldn’t be affected anymore. Tried with MSE (Win 7) and Defender (Win 8).

xnm
    Participant

Thanks

Kimi
    Participant

Maybe i have a solution for those with doublescreen which also doesnt see the Vorpx menue inGame when you have set your DK2 as Primary and your LCD as secondary:

I had the same issues: Crashed after Update, Double Screen, No InGame Menü.

Solved these for me with:

1) Set DK2 into HMD Mode first. Started Flawless widescreen and GTA5 Plugin.

2) Started “ConfigVorpx” without Admin Rights (normal double click)(First time i had the “crash report also”, second time worked for me) Restored all Games in TroubleShooting Menü and unchecked “Run as Admin in Config Menue”. Apply & Close.

3) Vorpx wrote “you are currently running in HMD … etc”. Just left that Dialog and went to TaskManager where are killed the Vorpx Task. Both closed (32 … and the “non” 32 :D)

4) Then i started it again with running as Admin (windowsAdmin right click run as admin..) and set my HMD to Extended (I´m Running DK2 as Primary in nvidia Systempanel, LCD as second) it worked in the background as usual (sry, German lang question following: @Ralf … StartVorpx läuft wohl automatisch an wenn man die Config startet ne? Is gut so, bloss nicht ändern :D Beim Ausführen direkt, also “startvorpx” stürzts mir immer ab :-/ ob mit oder ohne WinAdmin.

5) Then i took on my DK2 and startet GTA5 directly as Admin from inside the Rift (Before i started it from the LCD and switched automaticlly into the DK2) Now i could see two Dialogs: First one was “Vorpx will not run correct with D3D9.DLL (have ReShade and SweetFX installed), just clicked on OK. Then another Dialog appeared but i can remember what it said. just clicked ok :D sorry :D

GTA5 starts normally and i saw the vorpx ingame menue for the first time :) Changed some settings like image zoom, but deactivated virtual cinema and set chromatic aboration fix on, image zoom for me at 0.67 – 0.70. Format: Letterbox1 was standard. i set it to 1:1 … looked better for me.

Ok. Well now, no crash, everythings fine. But: without Headrolling … its horrible :D Staring to the front and moving the mouse to look around is inside the Rift “german said”: SCHEISSE! XD” … but its playable and looks very good i think. Better than i thought. Would be nice if GTA5 has a direct Rift Support.

Sorry for my bad grammatic btw :)

Ralf? kann man das nicht implementieren? irgendwie? den Headroll mein ich :D

Laser
    Participant

I guess the current vorpX version isn’t 0.6sdk compatible so any idea how long for the next version, short or long wait until it is supported by vorpX? :)

smg.cavou
    Participant

i buyd today vorpx and it wont work with my dk1 i tryd with all oculus rift runtime etc….i need a downgrade or another an updated version of vorpx ….i have send email already so please check it out and help me out ….i really wann play gta 5 in vr…thats why i buyd vorpx in the first time :(

Stranger
    Participant

Hellow, will this version of vorpX work on dk1 and sdk3 ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 0.8.1 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!