vorpX 17.3.2 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 17.3.2 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    adisplinter
    Participant

Wow..been hyping for this version for a while…great stuff, thanks Ralf

rtoast
    Participant

Hey Ralf, first and foremost want to congratulate you on an incredible monumental job with this update! You’re like the only one out there fighting the good fight to provide the VR experience that users actually want and the features you’ve packed into this update are nothing short of astounding.

Now onto the inevitable tech support questions haha.

Farcry 4 is working great, but for some reason I can’t get blood dragon to offer geo3d, I’ve tried switching it to dx11 in the in game menus or launching the dx11 executable to launch the game but still no dice.
    Is there anything I may be doing wrong?

Also this might be a dumb question, but do we need to add the custom resolutions to the nvidia control panel in order for vorpx to utilize them? Or will it force a recommended resolution that we havent manually added support for?

I get you probably need a long overdue vacation after this release so if it takes a while for a response that’s totally okay take your time haha

Ralf
    Keymaster

TBH FC: Blood Dragon is the one of the seven trillion games I re-checked over the last months that I didn’t actually touch, but instead just copied over the FC3 DX11 profile which worked for DX9 back then. Might not be true for DX11 apparently. Don’t expect any news on the matter over the holidays, but it will be looked into.

Custom resolutions: depends. Some games vorpX switches to windowed mode automatically, for those that isn’t necessary. For most however you should add the resolutions in the driver, otherwise vorpX can’t use them. There is a section in the help that explains which ones should be added and how to do that which also is mirrored here in the forum as a sticky post.

rtoast
    Participant

Okay thanks for the response 1440×1080 is the only one I could test in the control panel that seemed to work and that I could add. I’m on a 4k tv as a monitor ill mess around with it some more after work today.

Again kudos with this update I have plenty of VR to play around with now so no worries on looking into the blood dragon issue in particular take your time and enjoy the holidays!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just in case: if you are using an nVidia GPU make sure that any “Dynamic Super Resolutions” are disabled in the 3D settings (step 2 in the guide). Not sure why, but nVidia only allows either DSR or custom resolutions, not both at the same time.

rtoast
    Participant

Okay thanks I think I missed that part but I’ll check into that when I get home!

steph12
    Participant

that’s amazing, thank you for this great xmas present Ralf.

palleon
    Participant

I tried WoW, it plays on a cinema screen. I used F11 to change to VR, and it had no headtracking. I tried to enable it and nothing happened. I then tried Elder Scrolls Online – it crashed the PC. I tried it again, the graphic drivers crashed. I made sure they were up to date, and tried again, and VorpX crashed.

What am I missing here? The instructions are not clear – am I doing it wrong? I open VorpX. I go to the cloud and import the game profile. I press Apply and Close. I start the game. It says “attaching vorpx” then the game starts (or doesnt in the case of ESO).

Ralf
    Keymaster

No need to import profiles from the cloud for these games. Please make a factory reset in the config app (trouble shooting page) in case you imported an outdated profile from the cloud.

WoW is a third person game, hence it opens in cinema mode, not much point in playing a third person game in full VR mode, especially one that is so interface heavy as WoW. There is a new mode that sits in between cinema mode and full VR immersion wise in this vorpX. Switch the ‘Play Style’ to ‘Immersive Screen Mode’ to try that. Basically that’s cinema mode as immersive as possible.

However, if you want to check how first person games work in full VR mode, I would recommend one of the games below, they work in full VR out of the box.

Good games to start are (in no particular order):

Skyrim (original DX9 version is usually the better choice)
    Fallout 3
    Fallout New Vegas
    Fallout 4
    Portal
    Portal 2
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Mirror’s Edge
    Bioshock (DX9)
    Bioshock 2 (DX9)
    Bioshock Infinite
    Borderlands 2
    Borderlands Pre-Sequel
    Dishonored
    Deus Ex Human Revolutions
    Black Mesa Source
    Half-Life 2
    Half-Life 2 Episode 1
    Half-Life 2 Episode 2
    Aliens Colonial Marines
    Dear Esther (Source engine version)
    The Stanley Parable

palleon
    Participant

I completely misunderstood VorpX then. I thought from all the descriptions that it enabled VR support for games, not just let me play them on a big screen. Oh well, you live and learn I guess. Might want to make it a bit clearer on the marketing materials though – i.e. “VorpX – play games on a big screen on your headset” :(

Thanks for the reply though, at least its now clear.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, just third person games like WoW open on a screen since that makes most sense. That’s also what the homepage says. You can switch the “Play Style” in the vorpX menu to Full VR in any game, but for WoW that doesn’t make much sense and also would require additional steps to adjust the camera field of view in this case. Not the best thing to try for a novice user.

Try one from the first person games above to see vorpX in full action. In these games you are fully “in the game”. Since you seem to like RPGs I would suggest Skyrim for example.

krogan
    Participant

eso looks awesome in cinema z 3d mode i have lenova and it runs it fine i had to lower res to 1600 by 900 as my fps is slower with steamvr i guess the driver not as good as oculus was

chukovskiy
    Participant

I thought from all the descriptions that it enabled VR support for games, not just let me play them on a big screen.

As it is stated in the only description:

It converts the displayed image to an output that is suitable for watching a game on the headset, in many cases in stereoscopic 3D. Beyond this base functionality vorpX offers many features specifically geared towards VR.

Actually, G3D for WoW is super cool. Not that great for gameplay-heavy cases, but regarding exploration it’s just wow.
    Thanks Ralf, you’re making insane amount of sense to VR headsets’ existance.

james002
    Participant

is call of duty ww2 supported now?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately not. While a profile for the game exists internally, there is a severe judder-issue that makes it unusable, so it is not included in the release version.

If this issue solvable, the profile will be included in the next maintenance release.

Keep the “if” in mind though. It’s not clear at all currently whether there can be a solution to this judder issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 17.3.2 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!