vorpX 17.3.2 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 17.3.2 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Update 2018/01/06

vorpX 17.3.2 has been released. This is a maintenance update that fixes a couple of issues with the initial 17.3 release.

Changes/Fixes:

• Head tracking related improvements intended for 17.3.0 were disabled.
    • Cinema mode scene init could fail in 17.3.1
    • Some less important key press feedback notifications (e.g. DirectVR on/off) can now be disabled.

Update 2018/01/03

vorpX 17.3.1 has been released. This is a maintenance update that fixes a couple of issues with the initial 17.3 release.

Changes/Fixes:

• Direct VR scan unavailable for profiles imported from the cloud.
    • Restore Settings config app page crashed when there was nothing to restore.
    • Origin overlay could cause mouse input failure (post 17.2.3 regression)
    • DirectVR positional tracking was not working correctly (post 17.2.3 regression)

Game Profile Changes/Fixes:

• Witcher 3: grass/clutter was rendered at wrong depth with Geometry 3D
    • Star Wars Battlefront: DirectVR added: resolution, FOV, tweaks
    • Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition: another UI shader fix
    • Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: FOV auto setting (ALT+V) could open the Steam overlay
    • rFactor: shadows fixed, positional tracking, DirectVR: FOV
    • Real Myst Masterpiece Edition: profile was hidden in the config app

vorpX 17.3.0 has been released.

This is a major release that brings new and improved functionality as well as new game profiles to vorpX.

For details please check this blog post.

To take full advantage of the new Direct VR auto resolution feature, make sure to check this post about custom resolutions.

AerowynX
    Participant

sweet thanks man going to try some new G3D game profiles tonight

DevlinDarkside
    Participant

Yea thanks Ralf cant wait to try some stuff.

zig11727
    Participant

Thanks,

Satya
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Just loaded the new Vorpx, trying out the profile for Metro 2033 based on the release notes:

– Metro 2033 Redux: G3D/Z3D, full VR, Direct VR: FOV, resolution, tweaks

However, I cannot get Direct VR to run with Alt-L, nor do I see an option in the Vorpx in-game menu. Did the release include this feature for Metro 2033 Redux?

Thanks,
    Satya

Ralf
    Keymaster

The Direct VR FOV is automatically applied in the config file for Metro Redux, no need to run the scanner. You should have seen a message about that when you started the game for the first and/or second time with vorpX 17.3.0.

Check this short video to learn about the new Direct VR Settings Optimizer:

dborosev
    Participant

Out of town, but looking forward to trying next week. Hopefully Ralf isn’t burnt out on answering questions by then. :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll make one or two more videos tomorrow that I couldn’t do today and post them so often that everybody will be practically forced to watch whether they want or not. :)

nieda113
    Participant

so guess u made a big mistake……should have avoided updating unless u one of these guys that need no sleep…. Happy new year….

Satya
    Participant

Ralf, so on the Vorpx in-game menu Direct VR page it says ‘Head tracking rotation’ and ‘Head tracking position’ unavailable. I have head tracking enabled, as well as position btw. Oddly, the menu item, and Alt-L Direct VR scan function still exists for Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim. Metro 2033 plays like those games before the scan, not playable in full VR mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no Direct VR head tracking for this game, only Direct VR FOV like mentioned in the changelog. The FOV is applied fully automatically on first start without you having to do anything. No scanner in Metro Redux.

You can check whether vorpX was able to find the ini file in the vorpX config app. If you see an entry on the “Restore Game Settings” page for Metro Redux, vorpX was able to find the ini and changed the FOV. If not, something went wrong. In that case please first check that you don’t use an ‘unofficial’ version of the game. Those sometimes store settings in other places than official versions. In such a case I cannot help.

If you use an official version and there is no entry on the “Restore Game Settings” page, please let me know what version exactly you use (Steam/GOG etc.) and I’ll look into it.

Satya
    Participant

Oh, I misunderstood Direct VR/Full VR, thought it provided head tracking as well–I am used to playing mostly the Bethesda games. I don’t think I could play this outside cinema mode then, it makes me queasy in full VR. The entry did appear in the “Restore Game Settings”, so it must be working as designed. Thanks for the clarification.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not all games support all Direct VR functions. You can see what is available in a game on top of the Direct VR page in the vorpX menu. It lists what is available or not.

Head tracking in Metro should be almost as good as Direct VR head tracking though normally unless you changed the mouse sensitivity in the game. if you did, you can adjust the head tracking sensitivity in the vorpX menu accordingly to get 1:1 tracking.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Excited to try this out later when not busy with family.

Thanks for the work, now enjoy your Christmas.

redcore5
    Participant

So what i read about 17.3 and world of warcraft vorpx supports geo3d something with dx11. Does it mean that older versions of wow (dx9)on private servers wont have that?

Btw any plans to create full support for pimax 4/8k in vorpx same way like for rift/vive?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 17.3.2 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!