vorpX 17.3.2 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 17.3.2 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

I would like to say thanks for the update, though i have the impression with the new vorpX the user has even less influence on game settings. I think i remember of an earlier discussion where a new vorpX should give even more options to the user, so he can do all that fine-tuning in order to make unknows games work in 3D (not flat screen).

Anyway, thank you and merry X-mas

Ralf
    Keymaster

Merry X-mas to you too.

The main goal of this update was to make things more accessible for those who don’t want to tweak, but prefer to have things just working.

That said, having been an avid Morrowind/Oblivion modder/tweaker myself back in the day, those who like to tweak themselves were not forgotten. You can disable all auto configuration globally in the config app (“General” page, “Never change any game settings”), or on a game to game basis in the vorpX ingame menu (“Direct VR” page).

james002
    Participant

is call of duty infinite warfare supported now?

CHRONOMASTER
    Participant

In the changelog for 17.3.0 it lists “RealMyst Masterpiece Edition: G3D, cinema mode”, but after looking through the local and cloud profiles I cannot find the game. I have 17.3.0 installed but I can’t seem to find the profile.

Also, I get “vorpConfig has stopped working” if I click on “Restore Game Settings” in vorpX Config. I have tried restarting my computer and reinstalled vorpX using the web installer.

RAM: 32GB

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can safely ignore both issues.

The Real Myst profile is flagged as hidden mistakingly, doesn’t affect its functionality. It will still be used when you start the game.

The “Restore Game Settings” crash just means there isn’t anything to restore yet. As soon as you played games where vorpX actually changed settings, it will go away and you will see those games in the list. Sorry for such a rather stupid glitch.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 17.3.1 has been released. This is a maintenance update that fixes a couple of issues with the initial 17.3 release.

For details please check the original post of this thread.

Milo
    Participant

I’m having issues with Vorp since that release. My system continuously attempts to download the 40.05mb of update, install the update, then rolls back the update, and finally closes vorpx completely. I haven’t been able to use the program since the update.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to delete the program and reinstall it?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably some file still being in use that makes the update fail. Most likely rebooting your PC will help.

If not, do an uninstall/reinstall. Make sure to keep the registration info when you are asked about that during the uninstall, otherwise you would have to re-enter the key.

SonOfHob
    Participant

Thank you for the excellent product, Ralf. When I read about what you were doing, I purchased and instantly checked out The Witcher 3 – it is looking great in vorpX!

I’m not sure if this is known/unknown (and I hope this is the correct thread to mention it, because it looks like 17.3.1 was meant to deal with some ground/clutter 3D rendering issues), but in G3D mode, it appears that some overlapping textures (2D) are being rendered at different depths.

It looks to me like it is affecting two primary scenarios. The first looks like textures that might be added with decals or just wherever multiple textures are blended together (e.g. for adding ivy or grime to walls, breaking up patterns in roads). The other is when a player/NPC/other shadow (I guess real-time shadow) appears on top of the ground/area – there is a similar effect.

It’s possible that height maps or however CD Projekt Red did them are affecting the way it appears when converting to 3D in vorpX, but if it were a simple fix, I thought it was worth mentioning. I tried increasing and reducing both texture and shadow quality in the options, but those changes did not have any effect.

You are doing awesome work. Thanks again!

Totius
    Participant

Hello,

In the changelog of 17.3.2 is mentioned a new game profile for Prey 2017. Does it apply automatically when I start the game? It really does not look good.. Any help?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If by ‘doesn’t look good’ you mean the blurry image quality: that is caused by the antialising the game uses. Many newer games use post-fx aa techniques that blur the image, which is not ideal for VR.

To mitigate the blurry picture you can raise the resolution. The game has auto resolution support through DirectVR. Make sure to add custom resolutions to your PC first (“Custom Resolutions” section in the vorpX help), then select a preferred resolution quality in the vorpX menu (“Direct VR” page)

You can probably also disable antialising in the game’s options menu. That makes the image sharper, but introduces ‘jaggies’.

Totius
    Participant

I tried again..

First of all I bought the software yesterday, so I beginning to experiment a bit.

Let me thank you already for the great way Bioshock Infinite works. It already justifies the money for the software! Once I type Alt + L the game is really well optimized. The only thing I dont like is the right thumbstick of the touch being a bit too sensible. Can you help me with that?

About Pray 2017. If I undertand it doensn’t still support headtracking, which of course makes it much less immersive. Nevertheless, I think it’s ok just if you just want to take a look to the great enviroments. It also run very smooth (gtx 1070).

On the other hand I cannot get a decent experience with Gta V.. The automatic setting gave me the following setup: no head tracking, a resolution of 800×600, and even with that resolution the framerate was incredibly low. Is there a way to get a better experience with this game? This was one of my main motivation for getting VorpX.
    Thanks a lot for any help!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Prey has head tracking as well as GTA V, just not Direct VR head tracking. In games without Direct VR head tracking the mouse is simulated for head tracking. For most newer profiles that is dialed in to work 1:1 out of the box, but if you changed a game’s mouse sensitivity, you may have to adjust the head tracking sesnsitivity in vorpX accordingly since both depend on each other.

If you have no head tracking at all in both games, please check whether you maybe indvertanly disabled head tracking in the vorpX config app.

GTA V resolution: 800×600 sounds weird. Please first try to add custom resolutions to your display driver (“Custom Resolution” section in the vorpX help). If that does not help, you can disable the resolution auto setting in the vorpX menu (“Direct VR” page) and set a higher (4:3) resolution yourself in the game’s options menu.

GTA V performance: GTA V is quite demanding, so first to reduce graphics details. If that is not enough to get decent performance on your machine, switch the “3D-Reconstruction” in vorpX to “Z-Buffer Normal”. Doesn’t look as natural 3d-wise, but is a lot faster.

Totius
    Participant

Ok sorry, I’m learning the definitions. What I wanted to say is that was missing Direct VR head tracking. Anyway, I’ve never changed the game’s mouse sensitivity, but I understand that if I change that, I will probably have worse sensibility in head tracking, which is clearly much more important.

No luck so far with GtaV. By the way, if I try to change the resolution in game, it crashes

ptapang
    Participant

picked this up last night and was very weary about it, but gotta say it’s awesome! Great job Ralf, I’m loving resident evil 7 so far!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 17.3.2 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!