vorpX 19.1.1 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 19.1.1 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    haints
    Participant

@haints: Installed Titanfall 2 tonight and it’s working great! Being Source engine based, the G3D is as clean as it gets and runs smooth.

I don’t know if the profile’s been updated or not, but I didn’t encounter any depth issues with oculus rift. I did image zoom out about 0.62 and use 0.40 FOV Enhancement to distance the guns away from my face a bit. But 3D was spot on. I can upload my settings if you have further trouble.

The first Titan mission was pretty badass in vr. This is gonna be a fun one. For anyone here who hasn’t picked it up yet, go grab it for $5 while you can. Well worth it.

Dellrifter, yes, please, upload your settings. The results I get with Vorpx are pretty bad so I’m curious to see if your settings would make a difference.

slydk1982
    Participant

I just read the blog. RE7 has fixed the weapon bug?? So no more weird arms??
    Ralf, Im never gonna finish any game coz you just add something new cool stuff and then i have even more new games to play!
    I just to way to few hours in my day :(

budwheizzah
    Participant

Well, yeah, the hand models are fixed… at first I was jumping with joy. I proceeded to play for about 2 hours.

The problem is however, somehow we’ve managed to end up making every single character go bald. All the hair is now gone. One problem gone, another new problem arrived.

Credit where credit is due, it’s bloody terrifying; exhibit “A” bald Mia (at 29:25):

Also looks like I have bald Marguerite in the actual thumbnail.
    Jokes aside I hope it gets fixed. Looks pretty ridiculous.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yeah, sorry for that one. Looks like the weapon fix broke the hair (and other dynamic objects). I’ll see what I can do, but it might be either one or the other, so no promises.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Yeah, sorry for that one. Looks like the weapon fix broke the hair (and other dynamic objects). I’ll see what I can do, but it might be either one or the other, so no promises.

Ralf is there any hope that you could check why Enderal, mod of the original Skyrim, that should work with DirectVR doesn’t work at all? (crashes)

It was released as a Free Game in Steam but it actualy installs the Original Skyrim (https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/)

dellrifter22
    Participant

Deus Ex Mankind Divided has been looking great in G3D by the way. You can pick it up on steam this weekend for $5.

Only bug I’ve noticed is with Jensen’s beard floating off model in 3rd person and dialogue. Just mentioning it in case it’s an easy shader fix simply overlooked. Otherwise looks great.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX 19.1.1 has been released.

This is a maintenance release that mainly adds support for Pimax 5K/8K headsets. Also some semi-critical bugs have been addressed and various profiles for popular games have been updated to support the most recent game versions.

New/Changed:

• Support for Pimax 5K/8K which require special treatment in various regards. Make sure to check the vorpX help for recommended PiTool/SteamVR settings.

Bugfixes:

• Gamepad emulation button ‘press & hold’ did not work for trigger axes.
    • DirectVR scanner FOV wasn’t changed correctly when switching play styles.
    • Launching games with vorpX shortcuts only worked for lowercase .exe names.
    • Control and config app could crash after updates on Windows 7.

Game Profile Changes/Fixes:

• Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor: profile wasn’t visible in config app
    • Watch Dogs: profile wasn’t visible in config app
    • World of WarCraft: graphics API was not set to correct value for WoW 8.1.5
    • Skyrim SE: pre-cached DirectVR FOV updated for latest game version
    • Fallout 4: pre-cached DirectVR FOV updated for latest game version
    • GTA V: HUD/map shader fixes, VSync wasn’t set correctly with latest game version
    moarveer
    Participant

Amazing news Ralf, I just posted about this on the Pimax forums: https://forum.pimaxvr.com/t/vorpx-adds-support-for-pimax-with-the-new-19-1-1-version/17509 , i think that after being so outspoken against Pimax and Vorpx previously, I owed you a positive post now that it’s working great for me.

zahncisten
    Participant

Great! Thanks Ralf. I got it with no problem.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ moarveer: Thanks for setting that straight. BTW: for Bioshock 2 the remaster might be the better choice despite the lower framerate. Tried to hunt down the crashes in the original for a week not too long ago without success. Quite odd considering how well the original Bioshock 1 works with DX9.

RJK_
    Participant

Thanks for the Update

Creep
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for supporting Pimax!

RJK_
    Participant

I just noticed something, not shure if thats always been or not, when Controllers are OFF in the VorpX menu, pressing the (vive) controllers system button puts vorpX in Edgepeek mode. (tested with STALKER VorpX 19.1.1 and latest SteamVR 1.3.15 ).

Ralf
    Keymaster

Switching to EdgePeek mode while the Steam/Oculus dashboard is open is the intended behavior since 19.1.0. Doesn’t matter whether the dashboard is opened with a VR controller, gamepad or by using any other potential method.

RJK_
    Participant

Thanks Ralf !

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 19.1.1 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!