vorpX 19.1.1 Available Now

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 19.1.1 Available Now

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

19/03/21: vorpX 19.1.1 has been released.

This is a maintenance release that mainly adds support for Pimax 5K/8K headsets. Also some semi-critical bugs have been addressed and various profiles for popular games have been updated to support the most recent game versions.

New/Changed:

• Support for Pimax 5K/8K which require special treatment in various regards. Make sure to check the vorpX help for recommended PiTool/SteamVR settings.

Bugfixes:

• Gamepad emulation button ‘press & hold’ did not work for trigger axes.
    • DirectVR scanner FOV wasn’t changed correctly when switching play styles.
    • Launching games with vorpX shortcuts only worked for lowercase .exe names.
    • Control and config app could crash after updates on Windows 7.

Game Profile Changes/Fixes:

• Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor: profile wasn’t visible in config app
    • Watch Dogs: profile wasn’t visible in config app
    • World of WarCraft: graphics API was not set to correct value for WoW 8.1.5
    • Skyrim SE: pre-cached DirectVR FOV updated for latest game version
    • Fallout 4: pre-cached DirectVR FOV updated for latest game version
    • GTA V: HUD/map fixes, VSync was set incorrectly with latest game version

vorpX 19.1.0 has been released.

This release mainly adds improved support for Direct3D 11.1. Also various smaller features have been added, others have been expanded and enhanced.

New game profiles have been added and various existing profiles have been revisited and now utilize the new capabilities that were added to the DX11 pipeline.

For details please check this blog post.

matteo39
    Participant

yeah!

zahncisten
    Participant

Great! Thanks Ralf. You’re awesome. 😃

dborosev
    Participant

I think I just had a G3Dgasm.

Mankind divided.
    Prey
    Arkham knight
    ME:A

Only thing missing is the mad max G3D and fixes. But definitely can’t complain about this lineup!

steph12
    Participant

Thank you Ralf !

dellrifter22
    Participant

Alright! Excited to try the new G3Ds and learn more about the automated profiles system.

Thanks for the additional Z3D support as well. I can finally begin Mafia 3! Cheers.

STREET_BLAZER
    Participant

Ralf, I’m having some issues with this new update… I’ve made a post in tech support.

jimmyswift
    Participant

Thank you Ralf! Vorpx is the best software ever and you are doing a fantastic job with the consistent and relevant updates. I can’t wait to try Star Wars Battlefront 2 and fly an X-wing in space with Geometry 3D ~pew pew pew!! I’ve been waiting patiently on the Frostbite G3D, I’m excited to see what ME:Andromeda is going to look like too. Change-log looks great so far.

dellrifter22
    Participant

A couple of these games are deep discount on Origin now through Jan29th. Mass Effect Andromeda and Star Wars Battlefront 2 are each under $5.

Same goes for Dragon Age Inquisition, Titanfall 2, and most of the Battlefield games. EA must be hurtin for cash.

Good timing for profile updates, thanks Ralf. Finally off work, time to play 😁

RJK_
    Participant

I am saying thanks too, but at the moment i cant update steamvr so ill probably get exited a bit later sometime.

That hooking delay sounds promising, may save a bunch of games.
    Cant wait to see if that device reset fix will help with overlord for example , theyre great games.

BTW: Does anyone know of a way to download steamvr without beeing logged into “steam” ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ all: thanks guys!

@ dellrifter: the automated profile updates are ‘just’ a way to push profile fixes without you having to check/download them manually from the cloud. vorpX checks on start whether a new database build is available on the server. If so, your local profile database is updated with the new one similar to how it happens during a vorpX update.

Oliiiiive
    Participant

Great update,Prey in G3D is gorgeous.
    Very nice work here as always.
    You have practically covered all the games i want to play with this update.( Batman ,prey , DEus ex,shadow of mordor and mass effect).
    The only missing now (for me) is dishonored 2 ;
    Again BRAVO RALF!!!

matteo39
    Participant

is g3d heavy in prey?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Depends very much on the location. With a 1080Ti and the “very high” graphics preset framerate can be anything from borderline playable to full 90fps. You have a 1060 IIRC? If so trying with low/medium details is worth a shot.

You can switch between G3D/Z3D with ALT+K by the way. A good way to deal with occasional low framerate situations. The shortcut can also be re-assigned to something easier accessible in the config app if use it more frequently.

dellrifter22
    Participant

I had greatly hoped the new Cryengine Prey profile could grant my summer favorite – War of Rights – some spiffy G3D. And guess what… it does!!😃

Super happy about this. It runs a bit heavy, but the first person body animations are looking great, and the main-eye sight aiming is much better.

Will be updating the cloud profile soon, just wanted to share the excitement. 19.1 is rocking so far, thanks again. Now to try some Star Wars!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘vorpX 19.1.1 Available Now’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!