vorpX 24.1.0 – Back to being optional for now…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpX 24.1.0 – Back to being optional for now…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

23/12/24

If you want to try the new features outlined below, play Cyberpunk 2077, Starfield or some other newer titles that now have official profiles, 24.1.0 is the version you want. This version also comes with a fix for the *very* poor DX9 performance on Windows 11, which is only about half of what it should be with 21.3.5. So if you play DX9 games on Windows 11, 24.1.0 is practically a must.

Should work fine on 99% of systems, but troubleshooting the remaining 1% is clearly too stressful for both me and you guys over Christmas, hence back to the optional download for now. If in doubt you can revert back by uninstalling 24.1.0 and then reinstalling 21.3.5 with your regular web installer.

DOWNLOAD 24.1.0

Original Post:

23/12/23

vorpX 24.1.0 has been released

vorpX 24.1.0 brings a bunch of big new features that extend functionality and improve usability.

Motion Controller Gestures

You can now map predefined motion controller gestures to key presses and gamepad actions. Aminig down sights, reloading, melee combat, steering wheels and a lot more gestures are available to turn flat games into more immersive VR experiences. While not every game benefits from gestures in the same manner, some (e.g. first person shooter games) can actually feel close to native VR that way. Even seated just a handful of gestures can tremendously improve immersion compared to playing with a gamepad or mouse/keyboard.

Various profiles already have gestures predefined, try e.g. Cyberpunk 2077, Starfield, Titanfall 2 or Aliens Colonial Marines. More will follow. For other games you can easily define gestures yourself. Be amazed how easy that is and how well it can work. Check the video below for a brief introduction.

Desktop Viewer Rewrite

The rewritten desktop viewer now handles high GPU load a lot more stable and also addresses a bunch of annoyances the old desktop viewer had, e.g. the inability to display Windows admin rights prompts.

If vorpX can’t hook a game, try the new desktop viewer. Especially in tandem with the third new feature the vorpX desktop viewer now is the ultimate VR flat game cinema.

Virtual Monitor

The new virtual monitor finally makes running games at higher resolution than your actual monitor allows a breeze. All important resolutions are predefined, and you can easily add more if you want in the config app.

Added benefit for desktop capturing and playing games unhooked with the desktop viewer: the virtual monitor always runs at the refresh rate of your headset, which removes any form of micro stutter that normally is the result of capturing e.g. a 60Hz monitor and displaying it on a 90Hz headset.

The easiest way of using the virtual monitor is launching the vorpX desktop viewer and putting on your headset. Per default vorpX will then switch to its virtual monitor.

luka2099
    Participant

Thanks you so much Ralf. And good holydays!

takatori
    Participant

Great to see more updates!

For the Starfield profile, what are the recommended resolution and FOV settings?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check the hints that get displayed in front of you when you launch the game. FOV is handled automatically and so is the reolution, which you can change in the vorpX menu.

f00dl3
    Participant

Is there any way to automate the request code / response email for key generation? I’ve been waiting for about 12 hours for a new key to get going in Starfield or at least start trying to get it working on Proton for Linux. Given I may be making several installation rounds on various prefixes, I may have to be requesting a half dozen request code responses for keys to get vorpX working in each Proton instance. I get it’s Christmas – but if this was automated I wouldn’t have to rely on a human to respond with a license key.

Ralf
    Keymaster

It’s automated since about 10 years. There are a number of potential conditions why a key request might have to be processed manually though. The most common one – like in your case – is that you already received a key for the request code you sent. So the easiest way to avoid unnecessary delays is keeping the key that you got last time.

GoooRooo
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I’m trying get Cyberpunk running, but this pop-up window is asking to update components or continue. I **cannot move mouse cursor** with both mouse and controllers, so I cannot click this menu item. Also, I can move selection with cursor keys, but cannot confirm with enter or space.

How can I select required menu item?

– vorpX 24.1.0
    – Cyberpunk 2.1
    – Oculus Quest 2

The game and vorpX were completely re-installed from scratch.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hmmm, that message shouldn’t even pop currently with the latest Cyberpunk version. Anyway. No idea why you can’t click the button, but you can alternatively use the standalond mod version if you can’t make it work: CLICK

spinfusor
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Starfield experience is so far great. Thank you!

One question – the mouse pointer only works in the upper left quadrant of the screen. Can’t move it below this quadrant. Any suggestions?

ithilienx
    Participant

Hi Ralf, New update broke Vorpx.

Ever since the new update automatically downloaded and installed, VorpX no longer works.
    When I click to start it as before, get Error code 5.

It worked a few times, but only the desktop worked. I thought wonderful but then when I opened the VOrpx menu, the cursor didn’t go to it.

Now it does not work at all and I get the message that it cannot do its magic.

Is there any way I can get the previous version back. My windows restore has never worked very well.

Thanks

takatori
    Participant

I’ve followed the instructions yet there are no changes made when updating settings in the menu. Resolution doesn’t change after relaunch when changing in the VorpX menu.

Comparing before and after and after relaunching, there are no changes made to the game configuration files, and FOV + tracking are highly distorted.

This is with the Steam version. Is there a particular configuration file VorpX needs to update? Perhaps I have a permissions issue blocking changes.

luka2099
    Participant

I think that the problem are virtual monitor. I am sad because i no need the virtual monitor but the gesture option are the best thing of this update!

jossm97
    Participant

Thanks for the update Ralf. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

takatori
    Participant

Update on that Starfield problem I was having: deleted all the config files and this time VorpX was able to update properly — all the FOV and resolutions working as expected!

User error as usual ))))

Game is looking fantastic now, and the gestures are a great addition — good work as usual!

Boblekobold
    Participant

Hi Ralph and thank you for the update !

I have a little problem : when I mute sound, it keeps unmuting it. It only happens in Virtual Desktop with new update. Didn’t know VorpX had effect on sound.

By the way, I had a problem with old beta I still have with the update : when I launch Deathloop (It doesn’t happen with any other game), Virtual Desktop quit until I quit the game, so I’m stuck with my physical monitor resolutions (no high resolution 4:3, I have to play in 16:9 4k).

Happy New Year anyway ! ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!