Vorpx and it´s reputation around internet

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vorpx and it´s reputation around internet

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

For important games vorpX does shader fixes to a much larger degree than a multi-billion dollar company does for its 3D-driver. As you can probably guess from nVidia not doing that at all in most cases, this can be a quite time consuming process though and can’t be done to the same degree for each and every game.

Fixing every single glitch in every game can only work as a community effort like the one that a very large company like nVidia relies on almost exclusively.

vorpX already uses a two thread architecture that provides its own Async Timewarp for Vive to a degree. How the new ATW in OpenVR can be utilized, remains to be seen, but likely it will. Works quite well with Oculus, so it probably also will with OpenVR.

It is still more or ore less mandatory to reach at least 45 “real” fps for a comfortable experience though. ATW is a not a magic bullet that automatically accounts for very low frame rates.

StreetPreacher
    Participant

Is there anyway to get nvidia 3D vision games to display in a virtual 3D desktop mode on the Rift?

What about games such as Trine 3 that even seems to offer native stereoscopic 3D options, including SBS? But which I can’t seem to get working in 3D using virutal desktop, bigscreen, envelop, or any of the others…

I’ve had nvidia 3D vision for years, but there didn’t seem to be anyway to get the games working on the Rift, which is what led me here. Unfortunately as pointed out here, many games require specific fixes to even work in desktop 3D mode…

I was hoping that the Rift would be a perfect display for all of my 3D vision games, but that dream was dashed very early… It’s just a pain to turn on the 3D projector, close all the curtains, and put on my 3D glasses just to play a game for a couple minutes…

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX can display side by side 3d content with video player profiles. Never tried this with a game so far, but you could try either the MPC-HC profile (for DX9 games) or the VLC profile (for OpenGL games) as a base. Just make a copy of one of these profiles in the config app and apply your game’s main .exe to this copy.

Provided the hook basically works, you would then be able to selected the content type (Mono/SBS/Over Under) on the image page of the vorpX ingame menu.

No guarantee that this will work, but worth a try.

tig3rmast3r
    Participant

maybe 3dvision 3dtvplay or tridef, i doubt it will work with plain 3dvision…

tig3rmast3r
    Participant

Is there anyway to get nvidia 3D vision games to display in a virtual 3D desktop mode on the Rift?

What about games such as Trine 3 that even seems to offer native stereoscopic 3D options, including SBS? But which I can’t seem to get working in 3D using virutal desktop, bigscreen, envelop, or any of the others…

I’ve had nvidia 3D vision for years, but there didn’t seem to be anyway to get the games working on the Rift, which is what led me here. Unfortunately as pointed out here, many games require specific fixes to even work in desktop 3D mode…

I was hoping that the Rift would be a perfect display for all of my 3D vision games, but that dream was dashed very early… It’s just a pain to turn on the 3D projector, close all the curtains, and put on my 3D glasses just to play a game for a couple minutes…

i thougth the same when i’ve got the vive, but the quality you get on a monitor with 3dvision is too far from what you get on the current hmd, imho if your goal is only play 3d i would stick with monitor/projector at least until next hmd that hopefully will have doubled resolution..
    By the way nvidia is moving on vr too, let’s see what will happen..

Ralf
    Keymaster

Guys, if you want to have in-depth discussions about other products, please do so on the appropriate product forums. Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!