When can we expect an update?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion When can we expect an update?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    graylyn
    Participant

Hey Ralf when can we expect an update or a general idea when the update will be released?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi Gravelyn,

We received our DK2s merely ten days ago. All I can say today is that we will be as fast as possible. Stay tuned, more substantial info will follow soon.

PatriotofLife
    Participant

I feel so bad for Ralph. He has said multiple times that he’s working on it. Look around the forums before you ask a question.

graylyn
    Participant

I did. If you look at my second question if he could give us a window. i was just curious. Plus, I actually check the forums a couple of times a day eagerly waiting for more information. I’m not trying to rush him. Im really excited to see what 11 games will be added. I really want to have support for Titanfall.

GDShadow
    Participant

I can`t wait anymore for the new update, realy looking forward to it :-)
    Checking the Forum at least twice a day right now…

peteski123
    Participant

Only Twice?, I have a an egg timer set to refresh ;-)

graylyn
    Participant

We should at least know what new 11 games will be supported. Makes it more worth the wait you know?

sucaj
    Participant

The last update was in November of 2013. I think the OP has every right to ask. This was not a cheap piece of software, and frequent updates were promised outright as part of the purchase. That’s not even mentioning that specifically in these forums and on reddit, updates were promised in March, April, May, June and July. Obviously nothing was delivered.

Ralf, from one developer to another: small, timely updates keep the community interest in your software high. Broken promises, long delays, and vague release dates build resentment. We should all be here to talk about how awesome VorpX is, but instead, it’s been 9 months since we had even a minor update, and we’re all on the spectrum of impatient and pissed off. We’re a community of developers and enthusiasts. Save the polish for a consumer hardware release. Release what you have, whatever state it’s in, and frequently, so we can have fun with it and help you make it better.

GDShadow
    Participant

totally agree

graylyn
    Participant

PatriotLife seems to be the only one who doesn’t care when a release is. Probably because he,
    A) Doesn’t have a DK2
    B) Is waiting on a DK2
    C) Doesn’t have a DK1
    D) Doesn’t even have Vorpx
    E) Any combination of the above, OR, he is JUST a member of this forum

I know Ralf is trying very hard, but we do need little news updates every now and then. No update whatsoever from November 2013 and no blog post from December 2013. Then the video of the DK2 Vorpx update on Skyrim that didn’t specify that it was just a demo was somewhat misleading. And, when given a response of “Soon ;)” when asked by RoadtoVR.com means, to me and to many others, “I don’t have the slightest idea”. If you have an update demoing something you should release it or have a general time span/window when it is going to be released, especially when you show proof that it is working and working well. I would be satisfied knowing the 11 new games. Ralf, if you’re reading this, please release that list. It will not only real in customers, but will also satiate the anger/irritation/negative overall outlook on the lack of information.
    I just want some more info. Not “All I can say today is that we will be as fast as possible.” I’m sorry that I want to be sure I didn’t spend $40 dollars on a program that may not last until the next update. I mean there could have been a release to fix shadows on Skyrim for the DK1 in the span of 9 months(November 2013 to July 31st 2014) and 5 months before the availability to pre-order the DK2. And Vorpx is so successful enough, in my opinion, to have gotten a deal with Oculus to get a DK2 way before anyone else as to be ready for the DK2 release in July. There are multiple issues here, Not just a bunch of “impatient, overly excited people wanting to use a new toy”. Granted, this is a wonderful and innovative program and has the potential to go hand in hand with CV1. But if this continues Vorpx could lose support and income before that happens.

graylyn
    Participant

In all honesty, I do feel like a jerk for my previous post. But i feel like it needed to be said. Sorry Ralf, I love the program. Its just that I cant keep using my DK1 anymore. Edpecially since DK2 ruined the DK1 for me.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is not about missing polish. We have our DK2s for two weeks now, a blink of the eye in software development. The DK2 update is just not ready.

The moment I know a timeframe, you will know it too.

Thanks for your amazing patience.

sucaj
    Participant

Thanks for responding, Ralf. I’d like to throw my 2c in again by saying that it’s not just DK2 support people are impatient for – it’s all of the small features and everything that has been promised. You’re bundling too many features into each update. From what I’m reading, this update will include DK2 support, DX11 geometry support, lots of setting changes, fixed shaders in Skyrim, an automated licensing solution, and probably more that you haven’t mentioned. That is just NUTS. Hell, I’d be happy with the letterbox rendering changes only, which were supposedly resolved 4 months ago. Why do I have to wait for DK2 support for that fix? You’re trying to be Internet Explorer when you should be Chrome. Change your dev cycle to release small features silently and very often. It minimizes risk for you, keeps your community engaged and happy, and shows that you are constantly working on our investment.

doc
    Participant

I think people should just calm the hell down. The rift is a DEVELOPMENT kit, this kit was made just for this reason. For developers to program some software before the release of the consumer version. Everyone is talking like end users here, if you are sitting here bothering raff every 30 seconds asking when you will be able to play with your new fancy dk2, you really shouldn’t have got one in the first place. Regular consumers were told to wait for the CV1.

Thanks Raff for letting us use your software early.

And I’m regards to the previous post, I own dk1, dk2, as well as a vorpx licence.

graylyn
    Participant

I’m not a consumer. I’m trying to make a sporting clay game specifically for the oculus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!