When can we expect an update?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion When can we expect an update?

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    VeeArr
    Participant

All there is to say:

June 20: The next update will be released next month (after the DK2 is available) at the latest.

July 2: Working on it.

July 27: Expect news soon.

August 2: The fully DK2 ready update will be out shortly. Stay tuned.

August 3: The DK2 ready update will solve this. Stay tuned.

August 4: When we asked when […], we get a one word answer: “Soon ;)” (http://www.roadtovr.com)

August 5: This version does not use the SDK 0.4 yet, the update will be available shortly. Stay tuned.

August 5: A release date for the update will be announced shortly, it’s just not 100% ready for prime time yet.

August 6: The DK2 ready update has not been released yet. Your vorpX will auto update once it is available.

August 6: Some things are still a little rough around the edges though, so it will take some more time. Thanks for your patience.

August 7: We received our DK2s merely ten days ago. All I can say today is that we will be as fast as possible. Stay tuned, more substantial info will follow soon.

August 8: We have our DK2s for two weeks now, a blink of the eye in software development. The DK2 update is just not ready. The moment I know a timeframe, you will know it too. Thanks for your amazing patience.

August 12: More specific news will follow shortly. Stay tuned. Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2 any longer than you have yours. Thanks again for your patience.

August 13: The fully DK2 ready vorpX update will be available soon. Thanks for your patience.

August 14: The fully DK2 ready vorpX update will be available soon. Thanks for your patience.

August 16: The wait will be over soon. Thanks again for your patience.

August 16: The wait will soon be over.

August 16: It will be released as soon as possible. Stay tuned.

August 17: Stay tuned, the DK2 ready update will be available shortly. Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2 much longer than you have yours.

August 17: That being said, you won’t have to wait much longer. Thanks again for your continued patience. Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2 much longer than you have yours.

August 17: <bold>Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2 much longer than you have yours.</bold> Developing software takes time. Thanks again for your continued patience.

August 18: Also thanks again for your continued patience. The DK2 ready update will be released as fast as possible. Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2 much longer than you have yours. Thanks.

August 18: Dhe DK2 ready update will be released as fast as possible. Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2 much longer than you have yours.

You can get Skyrim working with DK2 and Vireio Perception, but it’s really bad. It’s worth waiting for vorpX.

Iristrauma
    Participant

Ralf, the video you showed recently with Skyrim head tracking, was that accomplished with a DK2, a Hydra or some other method of tracking.? I assumed it was a DK2, so I was immediately interested. However…..
    I ask this, because I purchased Vorpx due to that video showing head tracking in Skyrim working. I would have waited before buying if its not DK2 tracking..
    I guess Im saying, Im a bit fed up, especially after reading the above post..It dosent read very good..

Ralf
    Keymaster

The video was made with a DK2. It is a preview video, that is part of a preview article, which is made very clear several times in that article. Having a version that is suitable for creating a preview does not mean having a version that is ready for release unfortunately. Being a developer yourself I’m sure you understand that.

Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2, which is out for merely four weeks, any longer than you have yours. Thanks again for your continued patience.

That being said: The status for the update has changed to *very* soon.

Amirio
    Participant

Juhuuuuu very soon! :)

PMK
    Participant

Will the new update include Headtracking for the other supported games on the DK2? According to the article on Road to VR only Skyrim will support all features of the DK2 headtracking, but if the gyroscop-based tracking would work with other games it would be great.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, of course, rotational head tracking will be available in all games that had head tracking with the DK1. It’s a bit better even, since the DK2 seems to have less yaw drift compared to the DK1, probably due to the camera.

Just positional tracking is Skyrim only in the first DK2 release. More games to follow.

marcosedu
    Participant

Me, like many others, are just waiting for this update to buy the driver :).
    Keep us informed :).

Slider-Override
    Participant

yes keep us up2date, i am also waite for your update, if its there i will buy the driver

oczhaal
    Participant

Come on guys, stop threatening him. Buy vorpx, you know what to expect and you’ll be supporting Ralf on his excellent work.

progsper
    Participant

Ralf, keep up the good work :)

museumsteve
    Participant

Is it true that the update is out?
    Just saw the article on RoadtoVR

Ralf
    Keymaster

@Steve: Damn, you were faster than me. Should have prepared this better forum wise…

@All vorpX 0.7.1 with initial DK2 support is now available. Please note that DK2 support is in early stages. Not all games have been tested and there are most likely bugs.

This was released as fast as possible to give you something to play with, so don’t complain. ;)

If you already own vorpX, your vorpX should automatically update when you start vorpX Control. If it doesn’t, you can update manually by using your web installer.

Iristrauma
    Participant

@Steve: Damn, you were faster than me. Should have prepared this better forum wise…

@All vorpX 0.7.1 with initial DK2 support is now available. Please note that DK2 support is in early stages. Not all games have been tested and there are most likely bugs.

This was released as fast as possible to give you something to play with, so don’t complain. ;)

If you already own vorpX, your vorpX should automatically update when you start vorpX Control. If it doesn’t, you can update manually by using your web installer.

I have sent you a mail Ralf.
    Having issues with my purchase, like where the heck is it installed/not running etc..

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX creates several shortcuts in your start menu and on your desktop. The most important one is labeled “Start vorpX”.

Please also make sure to take a look at the documentation which you can display by using the “Show Help” shortcut in the vorpX folder of your start menu.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!