Will vorpX support DK2?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Will vorpX support DK2?

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Iristrauma
    Participant

Ralf, please tell us it wont be another week at least.? I havent been able to use vorpx at all since I purchased it.!
    The waiting is soul destroying, even more so right after waiting forever on the DK2.. Sighhhh..

slimp
    Participant

Same situation. When i read thread “First Aid: Using vorpX 0.64 with the DK2” and “Vorpx DK2 and Skyrim WORKING”, i really think what all work already. Very, very wait for full DK2 support.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Guys,

I try to answer these questions as patiently as possible, even on a Sunday afternoon. What I say is what I can say at this point in time. As soon as the update becomes available, it will be publically announced. Your vorpX will auto update when the update is ready.

Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2 much longer than you have yours. Developing software takes time. Thanks again for your continued patience.

TommyDDR
    Participant

Thank’s for your responses Ralph, I’ll be waiting ;)

what595654
    Participant

I think part of the problem was 1. the recent news update, plus 2. your past history of updating.

1. The recent “preview” screamed as if a new version of vorpX had Skyrim working with positional tracking. I know I bought it just for that reason, and I know now others have as well. Even though it stated in the article that it technically wasn’t out. The impression gave, that it was just around the corner.

2. From reading other comments on this forum, it seemed like you have done this before. You released the product, got a bunch of sales, and then didn’t update for a very long time. Although in this case, you didn’t release anything, and I bet you got a bump in sales with that article.

Teasing Skyrim as working with positional tracking, and then saying well I have no timeline on when it will be released, makes it appear as if you are not even close to having it ready, or your starting from scratch, which is opposite of what the recent article and video imply.

If this was free software, or much cheaper, I think most people could stomach the long release times. And I know I’ll probably get flamed for sounding impatient. But, at what point in software development, where you are taking peoples money beforehand, do you say, this isn’t right. And I am not basing this off of the DK2 update only because you are right in saying it hasn’t been that long. I am referring to vorpX since the beginning.

I think the advice given was fair. It would be better to provide smaller, more frequent updates, instead of giant releases. Having a Skyrim only update would suffice for many, since apparently you have most of it worked out according to the video. Even if things were messed up, it should still be playable, and we could look forward to updates when it is all fixed up.

I too have no way of really using your software after I bought it. No rotational or positional tracking for DK2 in any game I’ve tried.

I have no issue waiting for software, but the price of admission, and the amount of time you take to update seems dubious. I feel cheated giving $40 for something that doesn’t work much at all. I know that is my personal opinion, but I also know I am not the only person with that opinion.

I do want to say that I appreciate your customer service. It’s been really good.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no fixed release date, because the update will be released at the first possible date. In other words: the exact opposite of your theory is true.

The “teasing” a few weeks before release by doing previews is the most normal thing in the world I would say. The preview also mentions that is about an upcoming version of vorpX several times. The first time in the very first paragraph. I don’t know what else to say to this.

I really appreciate your advice, thanks for taking the time to post it. Also thanks again for your continued patience. The DK2 ready update will be released as fast as possible. Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2 much longer than you have yours. Thanks.

Hooves
    Participant

Hey Ralf I’d just like to thank you for working on this great software. Your teaser video got me to purchase! I really look forward to some more of my favorite titles converted to DK2. Im not sure why so many have been giving you a hard time over the past few months. They are not doing the work, so I don’t understand why they must be so mean.

Anyway bud, good luck, looking forward to your next update!

Hooves

reanor
    Participant

You got yourself another potential buyer. I am waiting, however, until your Software is fully DK2 compatible. Good luck! Hopefully you’ll send an update to all registered users when VorpX DK2 becomes available for purchase. Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The first DK2 ready vorpX version is already out since August, 23rd. You can buy it right now.

Here are few videos showing it in action: https://www.vorpx.com/vorpx-oculus-rift-dk2-video/

reanor
    Participant

Meh and now I have to wait until he manually registers my VorpX. He needs auto-enable service. As soon as customers pays they receive receipt including the registration code. Then I register and the software should activate the key online. The way he does this now his VorpX will be hacked left and right. I am waiting on my activation now. :(

reanor
    Participant

actually nvm, got my key very quick. thanks!

Locksmith
    Participant

no head tracking, then not much point, i have not used vorpx since i bought it also, and i was under the impression head tracking worked with skyrim so i thought wont be long until it works with most.
    but it does not ? lol
    suppose i will be more careful on purchasing for dk2 now.. lesson learned.

back in a few month to see if anything as happened with the vorp and dk2..

reanor
    Participant

Everything is working except that he needs to get VorpX to support native DK2 resolution over extended to DK2 and not primary. Head tracking is working as well, it breaks sometimes yes, like in Fallout 3 I can’t understand either head tracking breaks or the game freezes… but yeah DK2 is new and first steps are being made. Its all messy and cheesy but thats what alphas usually are either its a VR device or a driver.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Locksmith: This thread and most information in it is not valid anymore. It was created before the current vorpX version was released.

Head tracking works just fine with the latest release of vorpX on the DK2.

I will close this thread since it is of no use anymore.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘Will vorpX support DK2?’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!