Will vorpX support DK2?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Will vorpX support DK2?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    mareknr
    Participant

Where can I find what is the current version of VorpX? And how we can know when new version will be available? And will it be free for current VorpX owners?

Ralf
    Keymaster

1. The current version number is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen whenever you run a game with vorpX (0.64 as of today).

2. Updates are issued automatically. This works similar to Steam updates. vorpX checks for available updates on startup.

3. The DK2 update will be free for current vorpX owners.

peteski123
    Participant

Ralf, I just tried Bioshock infinite with the DK2 using Vorpx. I had 3d and it looked amazing, so much better than DK1. I didn’t have head tracking working though and had a few minor probs graphically however it was amazing. Really can’t wait till you do the DK2 drivers

Regards
    Pete

bcozier
    Participant

Ralph question, I tried Bioshock Infinite with DK2 and it works but what is the difference between adaptive Z-buffer and Normal Z-Buffer? Also why won’t it allow Geometry? In Batman Arkham City it allows Geometry also.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Adaptive Z-Buffer has an inbuild auto focus, similar to how you eyes work. It automatically focuses on the image center. Other than that both modes work similar.

Bioshock Infinite is a DirectX 11 game, which currently does not have Geometry 3D support in vorpX. This is one of the enhancements that will be available with the next update.

TommyDDR
    Participant

Hello,
    I bought Vorpx yesterday and i can’t make it works.
    I’ve set my DK2 in extended mode (image 1) and as primary monitor (image 2)
    I’ve launch skyrim and vorpx say “Head tracking init failed” (image 3)
    And there is my Vorpx configuration (image 4)

Can you tell what i’m doing wring ?
    (All DK2 demos that i’ve downloaded works perfectly on my DK2)

Image 1
    Image 2
    Image 3
    Image 4

TommyDDR
    Participant

Edit : I have the 2.11 firmwire on my DK2 and SDK 0.4.0 / 0.4.1 (both doesn’t work)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hello Tommy,

Head tracking does not work on the DK2 with the current version of vorpX. Please check the DK2 first aid thread for additional information: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/using-vorpx-0-64-with-the-dk2/

The fully DK2 ready vorpX update will be available soon. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience.

Phsyke
    Participant

I have read that putting the rift to the left of your monitor instead of to the right seems to fix some issues. Give that a try?

Phsyke
    Participant

To clarify I mean in control panel, the rift (monitor 1) should be to the left of monitor 2

PatriotofLife
    Participant

No. Its a software thing.

TommyDDR
    Participant

Hi Ralf,
    By Head tracking, i mean “like DK1” not tracking with IR camera.
    By the way, I see a video of someone playing skyrim with all head tracking (normal + IR camera) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE7Icj0PO-4

As you can see in my post, I followed the instructions from your link, but despite that, vorpx does not detect the head tracking.
    I thought it was the IR headtracking but once in game, no way to turn my head, the image remains fixed.

Thank’s for your answers.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The video was made with a preview build, which is not publicly available. Head tracking does not work with the DK2 and the current public vorpX build, this will require a build done with the latest Oculus SDK. Sorry for not having any other answer.

The wait will be over soon. Thanks again for your patience.

gustavor38
    Blocked

The video was made with a preview build, which is not publicly available. Head tracking does not work with the DK2 and the current public vorpX build, this will require a build done with the latest Oculus SDK. Sorry for not having any other answer.

The wait will be over soon. Thanks again for your patience.

What do you mean?
    No head tracking means no camera but works like a DK1? or means no movement at all?

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is no head tracking at all with the current vorpX version on the DK2.

Stay tuned, the DK2 ready update will be available shortly. Please keep in mind that we probably don’t have our DK2 much longer than you have yours.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘Will vorpX support DK2?’ is closed to new replies.

Spread the word. Share this post!