WoW is squished

Homepage Forums Technical Support WoW is squished

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Xain
    Participant

I have two problems, the first is that WoW is squished horizontally, making everything tall and skinny I tried restoring game settings and disallowing Vorpx the ability to change settings and it still ended up like that. The second issue is that when I tell Vorpx not to change anything the right eye is black but its only the game screen, if I am in Immersive Mode I can see the background but not the screen.

I really just need Vorpx to allow me to have WoW play in widescreen inside the hmd so I can go into Full VR mode, hit letterbox 1 or 2 and then apply a FoV command ingame so I can play properly like I used to with this post:

Tutorial: Increase WoW FoV

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to run the game windowed. Some more recent (or in this case regularly updated) games try to be smart about matching game and monitor aspect ratio regardless of resolution in fullscreen mode. Sounds as if WoW might do this too now. I’ll look into it.

Xain
    Participant

I gave it a try but the new vorpx update just crashes WoW now. It loads, starts up SteamVR and I can hear WoW through the headset for a second before WoW crashes. I am never able to see anything loaded in the headset now. I did try windowed and fullscreen, having steamvr started, letting vorpx start steamvr, disabling and enabling Vorpx optimization, running Vorpx with Administrative privileges, disabling anything that deals with vsync ingame, changed the graphics api ingame from Directx11 Legacy to just Directx 11.

I tried Titanfall 2 and that still worked perfectly so unsure what the issue is now. I am running Windows 7 btw.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’m 99.9% certain that this is a coincidence. Literally the last thing before getting the update out of the door earlier today was checking WoW because of your earlier post and adding a start message suggesting windowed mode in case of a stretched/squished image. For the remaining 0.1% uncertainty I’ll check again next week.

Try to reset the profile to default, maybe something is messed up. The graphics API has to be set to DX11 Legacy, otherwise there will be no 3D. vorpX does that automatically unless you disable automated settings changes.

Xain
    Participant

I loaded up Vorpx today and it had another update, maybe the update failed the first time? Regardless it works, however I have news of Classic World of Warcraft. I recieved a beta invite and will be able to test it fully tomorrow but just copying the current WoW Vorpx profile it worked although I could not log in as servers are down.

Classic is put into a subdirectory of WoW and if you try to change the download place it notices that there is no base WoW and has you download a 9 gig file instead of a 4 gig file so my bet is they are linked enough that there should be no work on your end.

Xain
    Participant

Classic WoW beta works without issue by copying the regular WoW profile.

steph12
    Participant

Classic WoW beta works without issue by copying the regular WoW profile.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm droooooooooooooooooooooooooool :D

Minabe
    Participant

Tried BfA and it’s worst than private servers on 4.3.4.

Got a question tho, has anyone been able to adjust FoV in a way that the black bars won’t show? I changed the zoom and got it almost good but the FoV i use still feels squished and a higher one would definitely show the black bars, it also kind squishes itself vertically instead of horizontally bc horizontally it stretches unlike with the black bars.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!