Any chance of a non VR version of Vorpx now that 3d vision support is dead?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any chance of a non VR version of Vorpx now that 3d vision support is dead?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    moarveer
    Participant

So 3d vision is dead basically, Nvidia has said they won’t support it anymore, so a ton of 3d vision users (me included) are really fucked up since we love 3d gaming, but we are now limited to old drivers to get 3d gaming.

Latest 8k firmware update requires the most recent Nvidia drivers, and this trend will go on, so at some point, i’ll have to choose between VR and 3D.

So since Vorpx is a fully working 3d renderer that has a ton of game compatibility even on virtual theater 3d, I was wondering if there’s any chance to see Vorpx available somehow for traditional 3d monitors and TVs, or at least to output SBS on normal 3D screens ala Tridef.

Most of the 3d vision community is wondering the best solution to keep their 3d hobby alive, and Vorpx could be part of the solution. I wonder what Ralf thinks of all this?

steph12
    Participant

that’s really a low move from ngreedia.

RJK_
    Participant

ngreeda, LOL

To be honest i havent been using 3D-Vision since i purchased VorpX. May be one or two times and for testing something. Soon (or maybe already ?) we will have more games working then the helixmod. I dont know much about 3D TVs, but cant the VorpX Side by Side to monitor output already be used for what you describe ?

It looks like its gonna turn out like with the old Elsa and analog monitor stuff to keep the last 3D-Vision driver on a seperate PC for those who want to keep going with the “other” stuff.

Sad, very sad, i agree.

Maichevsky
    Participant

+1!

Really to bad, Tridef died as well.

haints
    Participant

Yes, vorpX is the last survivor. I just got into 3D Vision since with migoto it now supports SBS 3D meaning I can use it on my Rift. It’s really good–the best 3D I’ve seen. Not VR though, but sometimes I prefer just playing on a virtual screen anyway. I’m going to keep to the older Nvidia drivers rather than give up 3D Vision.

moarveer
    Participant

The thing is 3d vision community has the best game fixers for perfect 3d games, so if they moved to vorpx that would be a great synergy to help create profiles that work great in VR too, and we all win.

RJK_
    Participant

I made an announcement a while ago in the geforce forums about the vorpX shader tools but got no response. Even my announcement that some helixmod shaderfixed are compatible with vorpx strangely didnt raise much interest.

blueshark747
    Participant

I made an announcement a while ago in the geforce forums about the vorpX shader tools but got no response. Even my announcement that some helixmod shaderfixed are compatible with vorpx strangely didnt raise much interest.

Ralf those fools in the 3D Vision forums talk so much crap about your product and haven’t even bought it. I wouldn’t do anything for those fools.
    Some of us are over there constantly defending VorpX from straight up lies of you being a scammer.
    Those are some of the most bitter biggest haters of VorpX and VR in general.

grumdark
    Participant

Due to the latest events that are related to 3D software, I am observing a large number of people (including myself) looking for solutions.

I think it could be a good time to consider at least the possibility of opening at least one SBS and / or top bottom output to use with passive 3D TVs, e.t.c. projectors.

I mean something simple and functional within Vorpx, to be able to complement with the use of VR headset.

For users who still like to alternate between VR headsets and TV screen / 3D projector for some videogames, these days are turning into a damn hell, thinking of additional system hard drive solutions with certain Win versions and drivers only so as not to lose the ability to play 3D … it is not practical at a general level.

However, I think the simple fact of adding to Vorpx at least one SBS output for the same games currently supported, even if it requires additional reasonable payment, could greatly expand the user base and offer a mixed solution without too many complications.

This is just a suggestion.

zig11727
    Participant

Ralf those fools in the 3D Vision forums talk so much crap about your product and haven’t even bought it. I wouldn’t do anything for those fools.
    Some of us are over there constantly defending VorpX from straight up lies of you being a scammer.

Nobody in the Nvidia 3D Vision forum is talking crap about the product.

I’m active on the 3D Vision forum and yes I own VorpX.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ all: Please refrain from any posts in the future that involve pointing fingers at another person or group of persons. True or not doesn’t really matter, I think it’s safe to say that not many useful things have ever come out of any forum discussion where people started to point fingers at each other.

blueshark747
    Participant

Nobody in the Nvidia 3D Vision forum is talking crap about the product.

I’m active on the 3D Vision forum and yes I own VorpX.

Its a little too late for this post..as i’ve stood by what i’ve encountered and the actual issues I’ve stated were indeed a real thing and manifested again for Ralf to see.
    Ralf has witnessed it first hand what I was getting at surprisingly A week later after my post. I just can’t make things up out of thin air and they magically manifest a week later to be confronted as the actual real truth you know;)
    So as far as validity it was obviously proven to be true.
    So two things… I’m a long time 3D Vision forum member my post was indeed valid thats been proven even after the fact of the time I posted here.
    Secondly as a pretty much day one VorpX supporter Ralf knows where my heart was with the issue and now things are cleared up and we can move on from the negativity.
    Both these places are my home I don’t sugarcoat anything nor do i have to pick sides when it comes to defending and looking out for someone I see as a solid individual of integrity.
    This is now no longer an issue and no longer needs to be discussed.

To Ralf
    Thanks for the solid VorpX update!
    As a user I’m bombarded with atleast 2 or 3 VR users a week on various social platforms outside of this community asking me about my VorpX experience.
    I will still continue to correct and educate potential customers with the truth and nothing but the truth from my actual personal experience with VorpX. Its the least i can do as a member of this community.

Peace!

RJK_
    Participant

Now that we have the “Generic” output, any 3D TV can be used.

I have tested a few TVs in beetween and came to the conclusion that for a good and clear image 4k would be required. Full HD on a 46 inch with passive just glasses looks awful, not talking about 55 inch.

i wonder if theres a way to use a 3D-Vision monitor as “Generic Device”. (i was going to use this for creating profiles (damn i wore off awhole vive in the past 2 years)

Have done some testing but didnt reach very far.
    This software directly accesses 3D-Vision hardware, http://www.3dtv.at/Products/Index_de.aspx , may be somthing to experiment with if you have a 3D-Vision monitor. (It can use device names for input, but i couldnt yet figure out how to config this, i am not shure either if the software requires “older” 3D-Vision drivers or can still accesss the hardware with the new drivers)

Let me know guys if someone has a solution to bring the Generic output over to the 3D-Vision hardware.

zig11727
    Participant

@RJK_

Try a EDID override also the 3D Vision software works fine with a hack on all versions of Windows up to 1809. Using 3D Vision with Windows version 19XX requires you use the Nvidia driver version 425.XX and block Windows driver updates via group policy.
    To use a newer NVidia drivers with 3D Vision on Windows 19XX can be done but it time consuming hack.

chtiblue
    Participant

Hi RJK,

Because new geforce forums are crappy all 3D shaderhackers and 3Dvision community have move on a new place at mtbs3d forums:

https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=105

You should register here and post your announcement and you will surely have response. There was a great discussion few months ago between Ralf and 3Dvision shaderhackers encouraging collboration between us, we are in the same 3D immersion boat ;)

Like Zig11727, I’m a huge 3Dvision gamer for long years with my 4k interlieved LG 3dTV and now also enjoying Voprx with my HP Reverb,
    Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!