Any chance of a non VR version of Vorpx now that 3d vision support is dead?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any chance of a non VR version of Vorpx now that 3d vision support is dead?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Lewy1984
    Participant

Hello, I’m new in this forum. I read the topic with enthusiasm. Why was the topic not pursued further in 2020? I have an hp reverp g2. I bought the vorpx program in 2016 when I still had my oculus rift. I never really used the program. But now I’m interested in the generic 3d display mod. i have been a passionate 3d player for 12 years. I still use: 3dtv play, reshade3d, trifef 3d and sbs if a game supports it.

I would be happy if someone reports here. Thanks.

Best regards,
    Lewy

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is an SBS 3D output option since quite a while, you can select it in the config app instead of one of the VR output options. Keep in mind though that vorpX was primarily built for VR and VR will stay its main and only focus.

Lewy1984
    Participant

Thanks for your answer. I read something about it and many are positively surprised by the result, so I wanted to test it too. I installed the game Titanfall 2 and wanted to play it in 3D. Unfortunately, VorpX is the only alternative I found and I now have a problem.

I have 3 displays: 3D monitor, 3D 4K projector, 4K TV.

When I start the game, the screens are misaligned. I want to play the game via projector. So I deactivated display 1+2. But when I start the game, display 1 is suddenly active and the main screen and display 3 (projector) is the extended screen. Is there a solution for this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX can try to force games to a specific monitor. You can configure that in the config app on the General page. Not 100% guaranteed to work, but worth a shot. If that doesn’t work, you have to make the projector a mirror of your primary screen (or the actual primary screen).

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

@Lewy1984 Good luck with this! I too still often play on a 3D monitor as it’s simply so much more relaxing than having to wear and HMD for games that you are really just wanting stereoscopy.

I have very good luck now with vorpX (wish there were more absolutely perfect G3D profiles, *hint* *hint*) and SuperDepth3D is probably your best bet for titles that don’t work with vorpX or for a few other valid reasons (for example if a title is so bad you simply *have* to run other ReShade shaders; that will generally be incompatible with vorpX).

For example, Detroit Become Human looks and runs fantastic on my 3D display using SuperDepth3D, but other titles look and run better using vorpX; especially any title with a working G3D profile (Fallout 3, FNV). It’s an unfortunate matter of trial-and-error, but in the end you can still get reasonably good results.

Tip: If you routinely switch between different techniques or devices you can make zipped backups of your critical settings files and then label the archives properly. I move between my 3D display and HMD for Greedfall, for example, so I have “GreedFallPrefs3D.zip” and “GreedFallPrefsHMD.zip” – that way I can just extract the correct prefs and move them into place rather than wasting time manually configuring settings whenever I change my display device.

What 4K 3D projector do you have? Does it support any 4K 3D modes? I’ve been stereoscopic gaming about 12 years also and had a 720p DLP (I used it in frame-packing-mode; so it looked very sharp even at 720p). I have 3 sets of Optima shutter glasses currently, but no 3D projector at this time. I’ve been holding-out for a new standard that supports actual 4K 3D; but most projectors seem to switch to 1080P for any form of 3D output? Even though frame-packing is a thing of the past except for Blu Rays, it would be nice to find a projector that could do, for example, SBS and Top/Bottom 3D modes at 4K rather than 1080p.

Lewy1984
    Participant

@Ralf
    Sorry, my English is not so good. I work with the Translator. Which config app do you mean? Where can I find the general page?

Lewy1984
    Participant

@mr_spongeworthy

by SuperDepth3D you mean Reshade? I also like to use that program. Recently played Resident Evil 7 and Blair Witch with it and it ran perfectly. My brother is currently playing Metro Exodus with it and is also very satisfied.

But Tridef3D is also a very good alternative. Hellblade was a dream with it, or Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Alien Isolation and Outlast.

What games would you recommend for VorpX?
    Fallout3 is already a bit too old. I loved the game back then :)

I’m afraid I didn’t understand how you do that with the zipped backups. I have never heard of such a thing. I would like to test but I have to understand that first. How can I create this .zip?

I have a BenQ W2700. I’ve been using 3D since I saw Avatar in theaters in 2009. To this day I still love this technology :)

My first projector was a Benq w1070+
    It could only do 1080p but I played Hellblade with it back then. With DSR you could select a 4K resolution and it ran perfectly with Tridef. You just need the right profile for it.

Lewy1984
    Participant

One more question, how should I know which games support Geometry 3D (G3D)?

There is only this list: Game/App Profiles.
    And there is only the name of the game.

Thanks.

Burni
    Participant

@Ralf
    Sorry, my English is not so good. I work with the Translator. Which config app do you mean? Where can I find the general page?

Hi Lewy,
    please do not take it personally but most of your questions are Newbie LvL. 1 and don´t belong to this Thread.

Please make you comfortabel with the vorpX menu.
    Most of your questions will be answered by itself but I will help you this time:

Where can I find the general page? –> First Option Page in the vorpx menu
    how should I know which games support (G3D) –> go to Cloud Profiles in vorpx, type in your game and look at the description

So it´s all in the basic menu…

Forget the tip with the zip backups – it´s an advanced tip. lern first how to use the basic :)

Burni
    Participant

Till the simple Questions are aside, I have News.

I got VorpX working with my 3D Vision Hardware

It works in combination with the 3D Fix Manager Tool.
    With this Tool my Display goes in 3D Vision Mode with VorpX on Top.

But…

It´s like how I wrote in 2020.
    It only works in the anaglyph mode but then the colors are wrong.

Please: I need an Option to deactivate the red/cyan color filter respectively a mode without those filters.

Then it would work perfekt.

Lewy1984
    Participant

Hi Ralf, yes that is because of my bad english. I have simply misunderstood something. You can not put pictures here? That would be easier for communication.

I think I will give up with VorpX. There are so many alternatives like 3DTV Play, Tridef 3D Reshade 3D…. Then I have to wonder what VorpX can do better than those?

But maybe I am doing something wrong. If someone can convince me otherwise then I am ready to test anything.

I have now entered Titanfall 2 in the menu Game/App. There are 15 profiles in the list.

One profile said this:
    My settings for Rift CV1 (G3D)
    – used 16:9 resolution (2560×1440)
    – set FOV to 108 in game

So I should select this profile right?
    All I have to do is click on Import Settings?
    What does Endorse Profile mean?

FrankHorigan
    Participant

Lewy1984: Hi, I use VorpX on 3Dtv too.
    A lot of games dont have 3D effect (Hellblade, Dying Light 1)..
    Z3D is a “fake” 3D effect via Z-Buffer — Work, but “Not great,not terrible” :)

Geometry3D is full 3D with great effect.. (Diablo3, Dirt4)…

But I have a lot of games where VorpX doesn’t work at all.
    Crashes, glitches

Ralf
    Keymaster

like said above vorpX is built for VR and that will stay its main focus. Consider the SBS 3D output a more or less unsupported goodie. It was requested quite a few times by users and thus it was added at some point, but unfortunately I just don’t have enough time to make it a priority. :(

FrankHorigan
    Participant

It is okay Ralf, better unsupported feature than no feature.
    Any games looks perfect.

Lewy1984
    Participant

Hi Frank, but I have to wonder why don’t you use other alternatives?

Hellblade works perfectly with Tridef.
    Or with Reshade3D.

Diablo 3, Dying Light 1 works with 3DTV Play, Reshade3D and with Tridef.

Dirt4 works with Reshade3D and 3DTV Play.

But if you say that G3D works perfectly then the game Titanfall 2 should work perfectly with VorpX right?

I found the profile for Titanfall 2:
    My settings for Rift CV1 (G3D)
    – used 16:9 resolution (2560×1440)
    – set FOV to 108 in game

But there is also a 3D fix for Titanfall 2:
    https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2016/12/titanfall-2-addresses-single-player.html

I will test both options and then decide how to play the game.

I just wonder if there is a game that works better with VorpX than the other alternatives.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!