Any chance of a non VR version of Vorpx now that 3d vision support is dead?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Any chance of a non VR version of Vorpx now that 3d vision support is dead?

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Lewy1984
    Participant

It is okay Ralf, better unsupported feature than no feature.
    Any games looks perfect.

Can you list some games that work perfectly with VorpX?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Lewy: The SBS 3D output is an unsupported goodie for users who wated to try that. The message in that respect that is shown each time you launch a game in SBS 3D mode is there for a reason.

I understand that the recent developments regarding S3D gaming are very frustrating, but unfortunately I have more than enough on my plate with VR. vorpX was never and will never be intended for S3D gaming. Sorry again. :(

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

I have very good luck with the SBS mode overall and pretty frequently switch to it for certain titles where 3D is really the entire point. I mean, there really isn’t any reason to play a title like Greedfall in a HMD and you’re just putting hours on an expensive piece of equipment.

Even though it’s just a good-faith add-on I’m very happy with it. Only downside is that I find Over/Under is FAR better on my display. I think that’s pretty common; something with the way our eyes perceive detail. I have to use massive amounts of downsampling to get a good result out of SBS mode; as in render the title at 4k and downsample to my 1080p display. In O/U mode it’s fine as low as 1080p native title rendering (although more is always better of course).

Hoping you someday add O/U mode; in theory it should be pretty easy to do.

Lewy1984
    Participant

Hi Ralf, no problem. There are plenty of alternatives, so that doesn’t bother me. I also have VR glasses and if VorpX for VR works well then everything is fine.

For VR, there aren’t that many alternatives. In 3D there is enough. So I’m happy if the program is further developed for VR in the future. The main thing is that it works, whether for VR or 3D. The program wasn’t free so it would be nice if I could use it :D

FrankHorigan
    Participant

RE: Lewy1984 – Hellblade have 3D profile in TriDef?? Where?
    TriDef has been unsupported for 6 years. I own it, but it is only applicable to old games

Lewy1984
    Participant

Yes of course. I played this few years ago. There are 2 profiles. From 2018 and 2019. The profile of 2019 “Azouls” works perfectly and for me it was a super experience in 3D.

I have over 1540 Tridef profiles. The last ones are from 2019.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Guys, before this becomes a Tridef support thread: please stay on topic, thanks. There are other places for in-depth Tridef discussions.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!