Baldurs Gate 3

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Baldurs Gate 3

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    steph12
    Participant

Thank you ralf for this profile, it looks indeed gorgeous in Z3D !

Ralph
    Participant
    steph12
    Participant

bg3 camera mod is great and the best one out of the 3 imho and someone is working on a dx11 version of his WASD moving mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/781?tab=description

Ralph
    Participant

On Metacritic it has 97% Points !

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/baldurs-gate-3

I’m grateful to be able to experience this up close !

Ralph
    Participant

Did anybody use G3D for a longer period of time ? Is the performance ok, even in medium graphic settings ? I would wish the best game ever will be playable in G3D !?

steph12
    Participant

i tried g3D at first, but as soon as i entered the game, i saw shadows were glitchy so i instantly switched to Z3D and never looked back.

z3d looks great, we just have to deal with that halos which is distracting when reading books or going in inventory or having very close up conversations, but other than this, it’s a blast.

dborosev
    Participant

That WASD mod looks very cool. He’s moving it to dll injection, will that conflict with VorpX in any way?

Ralph
    Participant

Z3D is great, but in G3D the NPC’s are acting like living people and that is mind-blowing immersive in VR.

In Z3D the game is a doll house, in G3D it is a stereoscopic Hollywood Blockbuster. Z3D is funny, but it is not the real deal, G3D is the real deal.

The motion-capturing, the dialogues, the atmosphere, the story are so credible, that the game is screaming for G3D or a AFR Mod.

It is a DX11 game with medium hardware requirements, if not now for the highest rated game ever then when a G3D or AFR Mod right after release, Ralf ?

Anyone else support this ?

bravekat
    Participant

Best G3D settings I’ve found so far:

-Set G3D Shadow Treatment to ‘AUTO’ in vorpX settings, for normal cutscene/character creator hair color.
    -Set Shadow Quality to ‘LOW’ or ‘MEDIUM’ in game settings.
    -Set Anti-aliasing to ‘OFF’ in game settings.
    -Set Subsurface scattering to ‘OFF’ in game settings.
    -Set Bloom to ‘OFF’ in game settings.
    -Set G3D to ‘1.10’ in vorpX settings(personal preference).
    -Set Dialog Text Size to ’54px’ in game settings(personal preference).
    -Set Alt key override to ‘NO’ in vorpX settings, to enable loot highlighting in game.

I prefer the G3D even with a couple of texture artifacts. I use Intel i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz and Nvidia 3080ti GPU with valve index HMD. Enjoy!

bravekat
    Participant

(Tried to edit my post and it disappeared, so here it is again)

Best G3D settings I’ve found so far:

-Set G3D Shadow Treatment to ‘Auto’ in vorpX settings, for normal cutscene/character creator hair color.
    -Set Shadow Quality to ‘Low’ or ‘Medium’ in game settings.
    -Set Anti-aliasing to ‘OFF’ in game settings.
    -Set Subsurface scattering to ‘OFF’ in game settings.
    -Set Bloom to ‘OFF’ in game settings.
    -Set G3D to ‘1.10’ in vorpX settings(personal preference).
    -Set Dialog Text Size to ’54px’ in game settings(personal preference).
    -Set Alt key override to ‘NO’ in vorpX settings, to enable loot highlighting in game.

I prefer the G3D even with a couple of texture artifacts. I use Intel i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz and Nvidia 3080ti GPU with Valve Index HMD. Enjoy!

Ralph
    Participant

Great to read, that you want to play G3D, too ! I will definitively try to play G3D with your settings, but i still hope for official support of Ralf without having so much graphic glitches in G3D.

The official profile has been downloaded only 60 times, when I last looked in the cloud profiles. And i expect, that many of them don’t know what is exactly the difference between Z3D and G3D.

Something goes wrong, if millions of people playing this game right now, and the game is rated to the best game of all time ever right now, and there are 10-15 millions of Meta Headsets sold, but only 60 People using vorpx to play the game, and you and me are the only one who asking for G3D support in the vorpx forum !

Everybody is talking about the future of gaming with VR, but there are only 60 people who are enthusiastic enough to play this game with vorpx today. Somebody has to show the rest of the world, how fantastic it is to play a such a masterpiece in G3D.

Ralf, please make more commercials in the gaming world, and please give bravekat and me G3D support !

Ralf
    Keymaster

The download count in the config app doesn’t mean anything for official profiles since they don’t have to be downloaded manually. Official profiles are distributed via vorpX updates and in between full updates via the automated database update when vorpX starts. So unless someone disabled profile updates official profiles get downloaded via a different method.

BTW: I wouldn’t count on VR being the future of gaming. The big days of PCVR are over since quite a while and as far as VR in general (including standalone) is concerned, IMO pretty much everything hinges on how much longer Mark Zuckerberg or his shareholders are willing to sink 10+ billion (almost 14 in 2022) dollars per year into it, which Meta/Facebook does for several years now. I’m actually constantly surprised they haven’t pulled the plug yet considering how many years the whole thing doesn’t work on a large scale already. But hey, what do I know.

Ralph
    Participant

Can i fix G3D via the Shader Authoring Tool only, or do you have to make changes in the code of vorpx or anything else what i can’t do with a user profile ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Completely glitch-free G3D in this case would require changing code in various shaders. bravekat’s suggestions above should help a lot without that though. Not overdoing it with the 3D strength and reducing shadow quality often helps to make G3D with glitchy deferred rendering effects playable. Avoid DLSS, that didn’t work at all in my tests, the other two AA methods should work fine.

Personally I’d simply stick with Z3D here though. At normal strength values both are so close to each other that G3D isn’t really worth the performance penalty at all in this case.

I will look into DirectVR (i.e. direct camera access) for 3D and more, but no promises in that respect. If possible at all these things take time. If you want it all, you need a bit more patience than a mere few days after a game release. :)

Atuin
    Participant

I cant make it work at all. The game hooks and profile loads, but no 3d. I dont know…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!