Baldurs Gate 3

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Baldurs Gate 3

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Ralph
    Participant

ok, i understand !

if vorpx does not split it’s Z3D image to two different images, sending to your sbs displays, it seems like a driver problem.

Have you played around with opnxr and steamvr settings ?

Otherwise only Ralf can help you with your Setup !

Ralph
    Participant

@ Ralf

What is the status of G3D support ? Have you already taken a look in to the code ?

J0hnnieW4lker
    Participant

I am trying to enable G3D but it doesn’t work, the screen continuous in 2D. Is there a resolution or something that we must change? The Z3D looks terrible, the dialog sections looks like a bad 3D movie conversion, it would look great in G3D and this is a DX11 game, should work just fine!

Ralph
    Participant

Start the game with vorpx, switch in vorpx menu to G3D and press apply button, and finally restart the game !

J0hnnieW4lker
    Participant

Ok I did that but the G3D looks like the Z3D, it doesn’t seem to be G3D, I can see halos on the cut scenes and the 3D effect in the cut scenes looks bad, yeah it needs to be fixed to be playable in 3D, it is just not worth at the moment on both z3d and g3d, the game is full of cut scenes and dialog, the subtitles looks terrible and the 3d effect on the cutscenes are bad too, definitely not a good example of a 3d game.

Ralph
    Participant

Z3D works great for me, because i set the focal offset to zero and the strength to 3.00 ! G3D is an other universe when it is perfect fixed, but for now Z3D of vorpx is the best solution !

Atuin
    Participant

I’ve been having a weird issue that didnt happen before. When I open the game it stays there for up to 2/3 minutes “not responding” until suddenly it starts loading again for some reason. If I alt-tab after launching the game and keep it out of focus it loads just fine but the 3d doesn’t work, and ofc with vorpx deactivated it loads just normal, anyone knows what this might be about?

Atuin
    Participant

Deleting NVIDIA\DXCache files fixed it. :D

edo
    Participant

Getting game crash to desktop since last hotfix 5 update. Works ok without Vorpx. It either crashes the game or fails to attach. Anyone else?

Atuin
    Participant

Getting game crash to desktop since last hotfix 5 update. Works ok without Vorpx. It either crashes the game or fails to attach. Anyone else?

I think what was happening to me is related because the game also crashed for me after the update and the loading thing was after the update.
    Go to AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache and delete it, also close OVR processes before with ctlr+alt+sup. There are still a few files that cant be deleted because windows are using them but its fine.

edo
    Participant

Thanks Atuin, but I got it to work for a short time useing your suggestions plus verifying files,, resetting Vorpx then i tried to get the native camera mod and WSD mod working and it is Kaput again. Crashes immediately w game error before the loading screen. Reversed the mod options and still not working. It is apparently very sensitive to something since the hotfixes.

Ralph
    Participant

@ Ralf

Are you going to support G3D in the official vorpx profile of BG3 in the next weeks ? If yes, than i will wait for the update, otherwise i will finish it in Z3D. Starfield is DX12 and needs a Z3D profile and CP77 has AFR-G3D and needs an update of the mod for Phantom Liberty, but Baldurs Gate 3 is a big chance for a great real G3D VR Experience and that is the reason why i’m asking one last time again ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you either don’t overdo it with the 3D strength or don’t mind playing without shadows, G3D should be largely usable already in its current state. Although personally I’d consider that almost pointless in this particular case considering how well Z3D works here.

That said, I’ll revisit the game for sure, but for September Starfield and Cyberpunk 2.0 are priorities. All three games in their own way are dreams come true for most game loving chaps (including me), but as far as vorpX is concerned the first person titles have to come first.

On a sidenote:

BG3 at first sight looks indeed like a great title for a third person FullVR game, but only until you start a fight. While exploring FullVR with head tracking would be awesome, combat however would be a pukefest par excellence due to the heavy game controlled camera movement. So switching to cinema/immersive screen whenever the game enters combat would be the only comfortable option anyway.

dborosev
    Participant

Z3D looks great in this game with the 3rd person mod.

J0hnnieW4lker
    Participant

@ Ralf,

When will G3D be fixed? This game seems to be one of the best releases lately, it deserves a G3D profile as it is DX11.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!