Baldurs Gate 3

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Baldurs Gate 3

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Try different presets in the game’s video options. For me all presets worked, but earlier someone apparently could only make it work on maxed out settings. Also try switching between windowed/fullscreen.

Ralph
    Participant

Prefer Nvidia DLAA Antialiasing instead of Nvidia DLSS, then it should work !

Atuin
    Participant

Got it working, thanks

ramboCoder
    Participant

I can get G3d and Z3d working, but I don’t see a huge “pop”. I’m following BraveKat’s recommends from page 3, immersive cinema mode.
    Is the game being rendered 3 times (once on my PC monitor, and another two times in the Quest/HMD)?

Ralph
    Participant

G3D renders the image two times, one for each eye. Z3D renders the image one time and use a physic/math trick to generate a 3D image.

“Pop out” is rarely in Z3D, but in G3D search for waving leaves to set the best 3D settings for “Pop out”.

If you don’t see a “depth 3D effect”, then check your graphic settings of the game again, and play around with the settings until you get a decent 3D effect.

In the first part of the game on the spaceship of the Nautiloids the 3D effect of vorpx is small, you better check your 3D settings in the Openworld on Planet.

ramboCoder
    Participant

I tried this while I was indoors somewhere in Act 2. I’ll try to play for an hour now with it and see what happens. I’ll try talking to people etc, I think I have a save right before a cut-scene that should hopefully look good once I have the settings dialed in.

Ralph
    Participant

This is it !

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/945

A full free camera mod !

(Don’t zoom too much out an stay near to your Avatar, because of clipping etc.)

Atuin
    Participant

Performance in act3 is atrocious, especially with 3d activated. Its turning on VR and it tanks to unplayable degrees, anyone having the same issue?

Ralph
    Participant

There are games which are collecting too much data during a pass of 100 hours, than you have lower the settings for your CPU, the GPU is rarely the reason of such problems. Vorpx doesn’t cause such problems, it is the game.

Load a savegame of Act 1 and one of Act 3 and make benchmarks with 3D and without 3D !

Sometimes you can delete all cache files of the game and steam and re-install the game and it works again with vorpx in 3D.

GoooRooo
    Participant

Hi! First of all, my best wishes goes to VorpX development team. You guys are supporting very cool tech that gets ignored by big players. I’m fan of this 3D-stereo tech since 3DVision.

I’ve bought VorpX recently to play Baldurs Gate 3 with my new XReal Air AR glasses (3840×1080 in 3D mode) while streaming via Moonlight from a gaming PC (32Gb RAM, RTX3080, i9).

I do know that SBS output (Generic 3D Display) is quite experimental, but I will still kindly ask for some assistance.

I’ve got Baldurs Gate 3 running in G3D mode with some artefacts, but Z3D seems to give no stereo effect in SBS mode at all. With G3D enabled I can start the same normally, but when loading a saved game it’s get frozen on 80% loading.

Is this something that can be fixed relatively easy?

Thank you very much for your product and support. I believe with more users of AR glasses your client base will also grow :)
    Ultimately I would like to see official support for AR glasses in your software, but it’s of course up to you to decide.

Ralph
    Participant

first of all try to boot into the game with lowest graphic settings, and deactivated DLSS. DLSS does not work in any way with vorpx for this game in my PC Setup.

Are you using the official profile or not ?

Ralph
    Participant

XReal Air AR glasses are like sunglasses, right ? Are you sure that they are supported by vorpx. Is it possible that they are for Movies etc, only ?

The SBS Mode of your glasses uses openxr or steamvr ?

GoooRooo
    Participant

Hi Dave,

I’ve tried lowering all the settings with no effect, same hang on 80% loading all the time. Official profile with no modifications.

The glasses itself act as a secondary display when connected (USB-C native and HDMI with special adapter). In 3D mode they are just switching from 1080p per-eye to 3840×1080, so each eye gets separate 1080p image.

With VorpX SBS enabled, I’m streaming game from my 16×9 4K display to Steam Deck (or AYN Odin Pro) where the image gets stretched to 3840×1080 with Moonlight.

In ideal world VorpX can probably create a virtual display of 3840×1080 resolution and put SBS image there, but at the moment it works only with some horisontal compression.

Ralph
    Participant

you wrote:
    “I’ve got Baldurs Gate 3 running in G3D mode with some artefacts, but Z3D seems to give no stereo effect in SBS mode at all. With G3D enabled I can start the same normally, but when loading a saved game it’s get frozen on 80% loading.”

Can you deactivate Z3D, or G3D or lower the resolution while loading a savegame ?

you wrote
    “In ideal world VorpX can probably create a virtual display of 3840×1080 resolution and put SBS image there, but at the moment it works only with some horizontal compression.”

G3D renders the image two times, one for each eye. Z3D renders the image one time and use a physic/math trick to generate a 3D image. That could be the reason why you only get a horizontal compression.

GoooRooo
    Participant

Hi Dave,

I know how both G3D and Z-Buffer 3D works, compression that I have mentioned is about 3840×1080 (32×9) compressed to 16×9 format with lowering horisontal resolution.

I have succeed with loading save game, but it looks unstable (one time it gets loaded and another time not, probably I need to lower settings even more.

I would like to have Z3D enabled in SBS mode, and unfortunately it does split the screen to SBS but gives no stereo effect. Is there something I can do with this?

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!