Custom Resolutions for the Direct VR Settings Optimizer

Home Forums General vorpX Discussion Custom Resolutions for the Direct VR Settings Optimizer

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    pintman
    Participant

What about monitors only allowing you to set the custom resolutions to 60hz as this is, in mine and many others, the highest refresh rate the monitor is able to display? Does it make a difference?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not unless your happen to have Vsync forced on in your graphics driver control panel.

pintman
    Participant

Cool, thanks for the clarification!

frankalexandre
    Participant

I use triple monitors, so do i need to add a custom resolution for each one?

aLi3nZ
    Participant

On this topic – I would like to know if 8:9 resolutions are still a good way to go? There was talk of this some years back about it being good for improving performance with VorpX full VR

I tested an 8:9 resolution myself 1600×1800 in Dishonored 2 and everything worked awesome with that res.

aLi3nZ
    Participant

Hi, I believe I found the answer and more related info searching and reading previous threads. Sorry I didn’t see option to edit or remove my previous post. 1 previous thread had some very detailed explanations from Ralf if anyone is interested: https://www.vorpx.com/forums/topic/amazing-trick-to-really-improve-exeprience/

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.