FALLOUT 76 works

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion FALLOUT 76 works

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    morbidexpression
    Participant

Copying the Fallout 4 profile, I was able to get very good 3D. Settled on Z Adaptive. I didn’t get enough time to futz with it before servers went down, need to experiment on thursday with more ini tweaks for resolution and FOV.

Worth checking out and trying to get a better profile going, it looks absolutely beautiful in 3D, Bethesda’s best world design yet.

matteo39
    Participant

only z-adaptive? no g3d? :)

p.s. i prefer z-normal to z-adaptive when i play with vorpx,usually.

AmazingSandwich
    Participant

I’m definitely interested, I heard there is no FOV slider in game. If you have any success with FOV let us know, I’ll try next beta round

morbidexpression
    Participant

Geometry worked but I wasn’t getting enough FPS (admittedly I had it on an ultrawide resolution for my monitor) so I switched modes. Will definitely do some proper tests tomorrow with more appropriate settings.

The FOV change in the INI is reported to work but resets when you come out of VATS.

boejoyd30
    Participant

Can you post the profile you used?

morbidexpression
    Participant

I just copied the Fallout 4 profile and assigned the Fallout 76 exe to it. I haven’t tweaked the settings much yet, maybe when I do I will.

Damn, it was lovely stuff today. They redid the lighting engine and fixed the draw distance, looked pretty wonderful.

matteo39
    Participant

I just copied the Fallout 4 profile and assigned the Fallout 76 exe to it. I haven’t tweaked the settings much yet, maybe when I do I will.

Damn, it was lovely stuff today. They redid the lighting engine and fixed the draw distance, looked pretty wonderful.

has it g3d with this “system”?

morbidexpression
    Participant

Yes, it started with G3D on but it was moving so slowly I switched to Z Adaptive, didn’t get a good look at it and didn’t try lowering my resolution and lower settings first to help cope with it. Definitely worth taking a look at, but would love a Direct VR proper profile tho!

matteo39
    Participant

Yes, it started with G3D on but it was moving so slowly I switched to Z Adaptive, didn’t get a good look at it and didn’t try lowering my resolution and lower settings first to help cope with it. Definitely worth taking a look at, but would love a Direct VR proper profile tho!

what pc specs do you have?

zahncisten
    Participant

So, FOV scales automatically with manual resolution setting in the ini file:

I changed the following lines and left everything else alone:

iSize H=2160
    iSize W=3840
    bFull Screen=1
    bBorderless=0

Launching the game again, the whole screen was in use, but I wasn’t sure if it was being used properly or if a 16:9 aspect ratio was merely being stretched to fill the desired resolution.

I don’t have Fallout 76, but I saw this article and thought of you guys.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-supports-ultrawide-resolutions-with-a-simple-ini-tweak/

morbidexpression
    Participant

Yes, and there’s a mod on Nexus to let you tweak the HUD for ultrawide (it’s squashed if you use the INI edits) so we could conceivably tweak it for VR as well and arrange the HUD elements in a better location without too much difficulty.

PC specs: 1080ti doing most of the heavy lifting, I think another reason I switched out of Geometry was because I was indeed running a wonky ultrawide resolution for my monitor and that was just too many pixels to crunch for G3D. I didn’t get a chance today to try anything due to work but will fiddle a bit on the Sunday session and see if G3D can be made more playable.

One annoying about the INI edits is some of them are ignored or just reset.

Man, I hope they add official support in a few years. This kind of world with consistent updates, proximity chat, and the promised private servers and mods in 2019 would be a wonderful thing to have for years to come.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Random inquiry: just read on the internet that every beta partipicant has been given three extra keys to give away. Not really sure if that’s true, but if it is, and someone has one to spare, let me know. Would be a great help to get something official ready as fast as possible after launch.

Not sure if DirectVR memory scanning will be possible given it’s an online game, but I’d be happy to check that.

matteo39
    Participant

Please give a key to Ralph!

It’s Like to give chemical materials to Fleming before he invented penicilline!

chapeka
    Participant

you can buy in pages like instat-gaming for 2€

chapeka
    Participant

My experience with the profile of FALLOUT 4 the truth was very good, that if I asked a lot of gpu, is the only problem that I see VORPX, I played with a PIMAX 4k and a very good experience. Now I have a Samsung Odyssey and at least Resident evil 7 I have not been able to have a good experience, I hope that the profile developed for the FALLOUT 76 is at least as good as the profile of 4, that would be very good for VORPX, It would attract many users.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!