FALLOUT 76 works

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion FALLOUT 76 works

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Adil3tr
    Participant

If this can even run as well (like as well as Bioshock infinite) even at like 50 fps with motion smoothing working out the rest, I would buy this game just for the experience of online multiplayer VR in a new fallout environment.

chapeka
    Participant

OF AGREEMENT I AM INVESTIGATING POSSIBILITIES AND OPTIONS, in my Youtube channel I will do all the possibilities to make it work with Vorpx, I will try all the possibilities from day 18 and I hope that they work for a profile as functional as possible, this game can contribute a lot to the VORPX community

chapeka
    Participant

ok I start the implementation with this video on my Youtube channel:

Next days more…

sapolettos
    Participant

we must hope that no anticheat will be introduced that will block vorpx …

p.s.
    far cry 5 if I’m not mistaken is not yet playable for this reason

Maarculus
    Participant

beta key VERY cheap

[link removed]

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nothing below is final. The game’s release version might or might not work.

That said, in today’s beta session everything worked more or less as it should ideally, which means G3D, DirectVR head tracking and FOV. Still quite a bit of work to do, but provided they don’t decide to disallow hooking into the game in the end, the final profile will be similar to Fallout 4 feature wise. The DirectVR memory scanner may be considered cheating though, only time will tell how they handle that. So to be on the safe side, deactivate it.

Requires a fast machine + reduced graphics detail for G3D, medium detail for a GTX 1080Ti seems OK. The game world is quite a bit more detailed than Fallout 4 and thus more demanding. Z3D looks good, so mid-range GPUs will work too.

If all goes well, an official profile will be made available at or shortly after release.

Just in case someone overlooked it above: :)

Nothing above is final. The game’s release version might or might not work.

morbidexpression
    Participant

Terrific, you even managed FOV without it resetting? It was a real treat seeing that world in 3D, proper FOV would be even better.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There wasn’t really enough time to check for kinks within the two hour beta window, but FOV was done with the memory scanner, so it’s constantly overwritten. It can’t be reset like the .ini edit method.

This probably won’t be enabled per default though since it might be considered cheating in an online game. Not exactly sure yet how to handle it, but I’ll probably add a disclaimer so that everyone clearly knows that they act at their own risk when using the memory scanner.

Considering that Bethesda didn’t even entirely prevent FOV changing via .ini editing, they might not be that harsh in this regard, but there has to some kind of warning.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Short update: if all goes well you can expect a fully featured profile shortly after release. Spent yesterday’s beta time refining the profile and memory scanner settings, so it’s *almost* finished. Unfortunatly no more beta, the finishing touches have to wait until after relase.

Fingers crossed that there won’t be a day one patch that breaks everything.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Cool. Might be getting this soon then after all.

Would you say performance is near fallout 4? Z3D also working right?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The game might be a bit more demanding since its environments are more detailed, but G3D felt great with medium details + high textures on a 1080Ti. Pretty much what I usually recommend for Fallout 4.

Z3D looks good too, so if you dislike frame interpolation, want to supersample or play on a mid-range GPU that’s a perfectly valid option.

morbidexpression
    Participant

Man, this is going to be a treat to sink into this winter. Thanks for the fast work, Ralf!

Any way to disable that awful DOF effect? As mentioned, INI edits didn’t give much satisfaction.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The DOF shader is already disabled in the Geometry 3D profile. Z3D however has no generalized shader treatment since usually that is not required, but if I find the time I’ll add a quick fix to get rid of it there too.

dborosev
    Participant

Thanks for the updates Ralf!

dborosev
    Participant

So changing fov as it stands right now should not be an issue? (Unless they decide to add something post-beta? Just so I’m clear.)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!