FALLOUT 76 works

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion FALLOUT 76 works

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Ralf
    Keymaster

Exactly. If you are willing to take the (small, but undeniable) risk of using the memory scanner, it won’t be an issue.

morbidexpression
    Participant

I’m finding myself twitching, desperate to try this again. The Ash Heap and new particle effects and radiation storms in 3D – Brian Wilson falsetto as you dodge Molemen — oh MAN.

One thing folks might want to keep in mind is your mic levels on your headset and the settings in general because it defaults to always on — ask someone how loud your gain is up, you could be emitting the most horrific sounds. Ie, attempts at Brian Wilson falsettos. They need to implement better control of devices and levels in-game for sure.

(goes into Pet Sounds fade)

grumdark
    Participant

I read on the internet, about some changes in Fallout 76 that will be made, for example fov hovering around 85-88º and frequency reduction at only 60, or 60 and something for this game, supposedly “to avoid some possible hacks or advantages”.
    This has disappointed me a lot, and I also think that it is neither the right way nor is it the real problem to correct in Fallout.

Does this break the possibility of using a fullvr profile and custom FOV with Vorpx for this game finally? I’m surprised not to read about this here.

dborosev
    Participant

I’d love to hear more on people’s FOV tests too, and any day 1 patches.
    Apparently, its playable a day ahead of schedule.

ryanshedy
    Participant

I’m afraid to use it incase I get the ban hammer :'(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a heads-up that you will be able to play without using the memory scanner, FOV is now handled semi-officially via ini-edits. Works just as well.

Using the scanner still grants better head tracking, but there will be no need to use it for those who want to be on the safe side.

A minor vorpX update to version 18.3.1 including the completed profile will be made available tomorrow.

dborosev
    Participant

Good new thanks.
    2 questions:
    1) So has something changed, or have ini edits always been possible?
    Did Bethesda say ini edits are here to stay?

2) IS VorpX itself ever at risk of being banned? Does that ever happen with MP games and VorpX?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t really answer these questions, sorry. If you want my personal opinion: would be rather odd to disallow .ini edits at a later point since they had years to decide that. The risk of using vorpX in online games is the same as it always was with any other game. I’m unaware of anything ever happening in the last five years. Obviously that is no guarantee for the future though.

What I can say is that I’ve been using vorpX with Fallout 76 for several hours now on multiple occasions during the beta and today with the release version. So far without any issues.

dborosev
    Participant

That’s good enough for me. That’s about as solid an answer as is possible. Looking forward to playing!

morbidexpression
    Participant

Really, no resets after VATS or fast travel? Sounds good!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Have mercy guys, pleeeaaase! I’d rather get the update/profile done instead of answering forum questions.

If you encounter anything that you consider not the way you want it to be, you can always turn on memory scanner FOV, which will also be available.

Hope that answers all questions in regard to FOV.

dborosev
    Participant

Tried the existing cloud profile for it. Geometry didn’t work, (was just flat) but I could get ZNormal to work. Not sure why. I’ll update if I figure it out, or wait for the official profile.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do yourself a favor and wait for the official profile instead of spending time tweaking. That’s what I’m here for.

The official profile (available tomorrow) will have pretty much every possible DirectVR feature, and G3D of course.

morbidexpression
    Participant

Yeah that cloud profile is junk, just wait for Ralf.

dborosev
    Participant

The z-normal actually looks pretty damn nice in its own right. Gorgeous game world, much better than F4 in my opinion.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!